• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

mr2xxx

Banned
Doug Martin catches the ball a ton and I play in a PPR league. He'll be a top five back in PPR with no problem at all. And RGIII will probably score more points than Eli this year even if he only plays 75% of regular season games. I forget to mention I am also throwing in Garcon.

SO a #2 fantasy WR, a potential top 5 QB, and an elite RB for a equivalent RB, worse QB and no WR? Seems like you are trading your depth for nothing at all. i love Martin but he will be in same ball park as AP in a PPR league.

mr2xxx

Banned
you do realize that the niners were one of the top rushing teams in the league before kap right? actually, we averaged MORE yards rushing without kap last year than with him in the regular season. obviously that number shot up drastically in the playoffs thanks to the god awful packers

I don't mind Seattle or SF being ahead of the Skins, I mind the fact that there is a 15 spot difference.

I feel like RGIII is going to become a different monster this year. I think a lot of people are going to expect him to run and will be surprised to see him step into the pocket and toss rather than take off. For all of the crap Shanahan has been given, he's probably going to change the mold a bit. Rushing is going to go down.

RBH

Been busy. Started a new job, a lot more responsibility.

Rosen-three.jpg

Never had a single problem with my PS3 until last week when it jammed when I played Darkest Red.

And now it died. Can I start a GAF fund raiser for a new PS3?
I think our intense matches did it in. :( Sorry, buddy.

I had a fat 60 GB PS3 YLoD once. I sent it to some sketchy electronics repair place in Michigan and they repaired it for $80 or something. It worked fine and I retained everything I had on the HDD.

I was looking forward to some more FIFA too...

I turned it off. I'm pretty convinced it resorted to making shit up after a while. Awful.

Hopefully you guys have noticed those kinds of errors have reduced greatly since I got the One. Swype Key is so much better than the ios keyboard.
I feel like a complete moron. I didn't even realize the auto-correct could be disabled. Never bothered to look into the settings on it. DERP. Disabled (still not a fan of the keyboard regardless).

I started playing Killzone 2 online again this week and my god it is still so fucking good. Cant fucking wait for KZ:SF. That MP video that leaked online is just jaw dropping.

squicken

Both Grantland and the NFL.com guys have SEA as the winner for the NFCW. SEA seems to be the consensus NFC favorite. "Deepest team", "No holes on roster". I think people forget that SEA is a different team on the road. Seems like that bad loss by SF is also overly discussed. Really tough game after getting beat up and drained vs NE in a game they didn't need

rando14

Both Grantland and the NFL.com guys have SEA as the winner for the NFCW. SEA seems to be the consensus NFC favorite. "Deepest team", "No holes on roster". I think people forget that SEA is a different team on the road. Seems like that bad loss by SF is also overly discussed. Really tough game after getting beat up and drained vs NE in a game they didn't need

iFjV9xRbIrK6N.gif

Down in the Packers' chances this year for some reason. A blah preseason didn't help. NFCW sounds like it'll be amazing, which is crazy considering what it was 3 freaking years ago; NFL is weird like that.

squicken

Down in the Packers' chances this year for some reason. A blah preseason didn't help. NFCW sounds like it'll be amazing, which is crazy considering what it was 3 freaking years ago; NFL is weird like that.

Cards will be bad and STL is overrated. But SEA and SF will be the two best games this year. Already the best rivalry in the league. Wouldn't be surprised to see them in the NFC Championship Game

Cards will be bad and STL is overrated. But SEA and SF will be the two best games this year. Already the best rivalry in the league. Wouldn't be surprised to see them in the NFC Championship Game

I'm obligated to hate them both but I totally agree, should be 2 (or 3) amazing games.

squicken

I'm obligated to hate them both but I totally agree, should be 2 amazing games.

I actually really like the Packers this year. I think all 3 of those teams win 12 games. The league is a lot more top heavy than we'll hear in season previews. That might just be the way pro sports will go as teams realize there is no point of being middle class

The division games should be entertaining regardless for the typical reasons. NFC West will be exciting to watch this year. I'm curious to see what Kap can do with a full season and some experience under his belt and if Wussel can elevate his game. I hope they turn out to be frauds but we aren't that lucky. Or that teams will learn how to take away the read option.

I actually really like the Packers this year. I think all 3 of those teams win 12 games. The league is a lot more top heavy than we'll hear in season previews. That might just be the way pro sports will go as teams realize there is no point of being middle class

The rest of the NFCN is a mess, so I have to think they're the favorites, but who knows beyond that. I gave up predicting the NFL in the preseason. Even hipster doofuses like Klosterman are high in the Saints, so who knows.

The division games should be entertaining regardless for the typical reasons. NFC West will be exciting to watch this year. I'm curious to see what Kap can do with a full season and some experience under his belt and if Wussel can elevate his game. I hope they turn out to be frauds but we aren't that lucky. Or that teams will learn how to take away the read option.

you can take away the read option in the same way that you can take away a playaction pass. i find it funny when people say "is the pistol just a fad?" yes, if you consider the shotgun a fad, or any other formation a fad. no team in the NFL runs the pistol as their base formation or as the only formation.

it helps people to sleep better at night to justify the new era QB's success by saying "well its just a fad, defenses will catch up". but guys like wussle, kap, rgIII, etc. are all good passers. come on, you don't get to the playoffs and put up really good numbers in the NFL over a season and in the playoffs without having some skill beyond running. maybe a week or two you could fool a defense, but not a significant portion of the season

Top Bottom