• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Spades

Evening guys, how are we all?

Started playing Diablo III again this evening (this time on 360) and damn I forgot how good this game is.

eznark

Banned
The TV remote fun tonight on the HTC One is fucking awesome. First remote app I've had that handles input switching, cable boxes and receiver functions so well. Christ the phone is almost worth it just for that.

bionic77

I can't wait to repeat.
That's too bad.

I would have recommended extreme patience. Like the maybe my great great great great great grand kids might see it type of patience.

So bros today I closed on my first investment property. Going to be showing it tomorrow to a family hot to rent. 1st of many.
Great way to pad your retirement. Once the mortgage is paid off its all gravy (assuming you are not raped by property taxes).

Rentals are usually a long term game.

My advice is really closely examine the tenants. Bad tenants will fuck your shit up. Bad.

The TV remote fun tonight on the HTC One is fucking awesome. First remote app I've had that handles input switching, cable boxes and receiver functions so well. Christ the phone is almost worth it just for that.
Too bad about that auto-correct.;)

I fucking hate typing on an iPad for that very reason

ZetaEpyon

Anyone want to join my free fantasy league?
I had an owner bail and our draft (auction) is in 40 min.

Primarily me and a bunch of other GAF people.

That's too bad.

I would have recommended extreme patience. Like the maybe my great great great great great grand kids might see it type of patience.

Great way to pad your retirement. Once the mortgage is paid off its all gravy (assuming you are not raped by property taxes).

Rentals are usually a long term game.

My advice is really closely examine the tenants. Bad tenants will fuck your shit up. Bad.
Yeah. This is actually a full time business for me now so Ihave to make sure to vet vet vet.

Too bad about that auto-correct.;)

I fucking hate typing on an iPad for that very reason

I turned it off. I'm pretty convinced it resorted to making shit up after a while. Awful.

Fantomex

Cool thing about the ipad 3 and above is that you dont even have to type. You can just hit reply, say what you want it to type and then press post when you're done.

Of course if the wife and kids are around you cant exactly make an FMT post :)

Watching Predators, let's see how this is!

not good.

the problem with predators is that it that it is living in the shadow of Predator, the greatest action movie of all time. and i say that not looking on the past with nostalgia. honestly, go watch predator and tell me a better action movie. it cannot be beat and never will be beat. the pacing is perfect, you have arnold in his prime, the costumes/sets/locations are timeless, the ending is awesome. the perfect movie in every way!

MechDX

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26
The Texans also released C Tyler Horn & still have 7 more moves to make by Saturday's deadline with some of those players headed to IR.

Texans release:ILB Cameron Collins,WR Andy Cruse, DE Delano Johnson, RB Dennis Johnson, Guard Alex Kupper, Safety Orhian Johnson, NT Chris Jones

Texans release: FB Tyler Clutts, WR EZ Nwachukwu, S Jawanza Starling, LB Mike Mohamed, OT Nate Menkin, DE Keith Browner, TE Jake Byrne (more)

Jones was one of our 6th round picks this year, just didn't make any kind of splash in TC. Hope we can get him on the PS. Kubiak cut Byrne....a Wisconsin TE. Miracle!!

not good.

the problem with predators is that it that it is living in the shadow of Predator, the greatest action movie of all time. and i say that not looking on the past with nostalgia. honestly, go watch predator and tell me a better action movie. it cannot be beat and never will be beat. the pacing is perfect, you have arnold in his prime, the costumes/sets/locations are timeless, the ending is awesome. the perfect movie in every way!

Seriously? I saw that movie on AMC and found it to be one of the stupidest films I ever watched. Only thing worse was that Steven Seagal film.

Enthusiastic-Pats-fan-Getty-Images.jpg

what

Godslay

Banned
Looks like CJ Anderson is going to make the 53 man squad, UDFA who I'm really excited for. Lance Ball was waived to make a spot for him. I'm surprised that they did because they really liked Ball for the ST work. I just love seeing guys flash, and earn a spot. I think he has the potential to be a very good RB. Great vision, powerful, good ability to make guys miss. Now if they can get him to block on a high level he'll be an awesome contributor to the team.

Fox318

Hopefully you guys have noticed those kinds of errors have reduced greatly since I got the One. Swype Key is so much better than the ios keyboard.

How do you like the one?

I'm eyeing the LG G2, Nexus 5, HTC One Max, or Galaxy Note 3 for my next phone.

not good.

The Yakuza guy is dope.

eznark

Banned
It's a masterpiece. It's seriously an absolutely glorious device.

So, will Rich Eisen quit NFLN now that they have hired Shawne Merriman to do some hosting? He was pretty vocal on twitter about never wanting to work with cheaters like Braun.

eznark

Banned
If my daughter hadn't destroyed my iphone I probably would have waited til the Nexus 5 got announced but as it is, that's probably a phone I would want off-contract anyway so I might just buy that too and switch back and forth. Google Phones are so great that way!

Would you guys trade RGIII and Doug Martin for Peterson and Eli Manning in fantasy football? I already have Andrew Luck and he would be my starter. I also have Chris Johnson and Forte on my team.

Slo

Eagerly awaiting the announcement of the Vikings cuts.
And the Packers cuts so I know who we're going to pull off the scrap heap and start week 1.

Would you guys trade RGIII and Doug Martin for Peterson and Eli Manning in fantasy football? I already have Andrew Luck and he would be my starter. I also have Chris Johnson and Forte on my team.

You have RGIII?

So basically you're trading Kirk Cousins his injured back up and a 1 year wonder for the greatest RB in the game?

You have RGIII?

So basically you're trading Kirk Cousins his injured back up and a 1 year wonder for the greatest RB in the game?

Doug Martin catches the ball a ton and I play in a PPR league. He'll be a top five back in PPR with no problem at all. And RGIII will probably score more points than Eli this year even if he only plays 75% of regular season games. I forget to mention I am also throwing in Garcon.

mr2xxx

Banned
Somehow the #1 rushing team in the NFL has the 19th ranked backfield in the league according to SI http://nfl.si.com/2013/08/28/best-nfl-backfields-adrian-peterson-ray-rice/?sct=nfl_t1t_a1. Maybe it's because of RG3 and the read option? Nope SF and Seattle are in top 5. No idea what criteria they are trying to use but when a team has the most yards rushing and is #2 in YPC, plus has the guy who rushed for more than anyone not named Adrian. Yet we are 19th lol.

Sure you could add receiving yards and make other RBs look better but the simple fact that the Redskins are not even in the ball park of the top teams rustles my jimmies.

squicken

Eagerly awaiting the announcement of the Vikings cuts.
And the Packers cuts so I know who we're going to pull off the scrap heap and start week 1.

You're alive!

We have a FF thread. Ask away there

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=662129&page=1

DSmalls84

Doug Martin catches the ball a ton and I play in a PPR league. He'll be a top five back in PPR with no problem at all. And RGIII will probably score more points than Eli this year even if he only plays 75% of regular season games. I forget to mention I am also throwing in Garcon.

As long as RGIII is healthy that sounds like a pretty shitty trade for you.

Somehow the #1 rushing team in the NFL has the 19th ranked backfield in the league according to SI http://nfl.si.com/2013/08/28/best-nfl-backfields-adrian-peterson-ray-rice/?sct=nfl_t1t_a1. Maybe it's because of RG3 and the read option? Nope SF and Seattle are in top 5. No idea what criteria they are trying to use but when a team has the most yards rushing and is #2 in YPC, plus has the guy who rushed for more than anyone not named Adrian. Yet we are 19th lol.

Sure you could add receiving yards and make other RBs look better but the simple fact that the Redskins are not even in the ball park of the top teams rustles my jimmies.

you do realize that the niners were one of the top rushing teams in the league before kap right? actually, we averaged MORE yards rushing without kap last year than with him in the regular season. obviously that number shot up drastically in the playoffs thanks to the god awful packers

squicken

Reading the article it seems to question your backups, but yeah, it's silly for the Skins to be so low. Or really any Shanny team

Top Bottom