• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Lunchbox

Banned
Too perfect. And he's name dropping brands found at high end shops like TJ Maxx and Target.

Way to ball out, Lunchpail.

i should get a corrolla instead of my "beamer" and wear old navy to scoff at the people having lunch at nice places in the city from the starbucks window.
that wouldve showed those wannabes

just throw it on the ground

iNtGm4a.gif
8Nffu5a.png

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
i should get a corrolla instead of my "beamer" and wear old navy to scoff at the people having lunch at nice places in the city from the starbucks window.
that wouldve showed those wannabes

just throw it on the ground

No, no. Eating at Joe's Crab Shack and buying Ralph polos at Target and convincing yourself that it's haute is much better. Stick with it.

bionic77

If lunchbox was not a filthy pats fan I would feel bad for him because his life is all downhill from now.

He is living off daddy's money which, admittedly, is pretty awesome. But he probably won't be able to handle "the real world" once he moves out.

She likes her steak overly well done to boot. It's basically gotta be shoe leather. *vomit*

Damn, you must really love her that you put up with that.

I wouldn't trust someone who likes french fries stuffed into their burritos.

Damn, Chan, is this true?

Oh, and little tip, if the lobster you're paying for has a curled tail like that, the cook/chef over cooked it. Looks like it was pretty much rubber.

Real chefs don't allow the tail to curl at all. Either stick a spoon in there if you cook the tail seperatly or one of those metal stakes through the whole thing if you cook it whole. Best to cook it seperatly though, because the claws usually need a little more time then the tail.

I killed a lot of lobsters in my life.

WanderingWind

Real chefs don't allow the tail to curl at all. Either stick a spoon in there if you cook the tail seperatly or one of those metal stakes through the whole thing if you cook it whole. Best to cook it seperatly though, because the claws usually need a little more time then the tail.

I killed a lot of lobsters in my life.

Yup. I was a chef (classically trained, certified, everything) before my current career. A real restaurant wouldn't have served that plate to the dogs out back.

I kid because I care. I actually thought the Raiders' draft class looked good on paper, and still think DJ Hayden's going to become a stud. But it's just too easy and fun to mock these Raiders. The Rotoworld blurbs alone have become high comedy.

0TWPtnp.png

I hate Evan Silva, such a cunt.

I expect McGloin and Kluwe to be cut soon. Not sure why Reggie is waiting.

ChanHuk

Banned
youre supposed to say you paid more, not less you goobers. you dont make fun of a ralph or a croc by saying how you got your shirt at 5.99$ at target

bionic what is this, you didnt teach them anything?
Only an ingrate like yourself would have your daddy pay more.

When it comes to food, you might be the smartest person in this thread.

Fact

A smart Raiders fan?

How long did it take your pea sized brain to come up with that?

Yup. I was a chef (classically trained, certified, everything) before my current career. A real restaurant wouldn't have served that plate to the dogs out back.

I worked full time at a high level kitchen for a little over a year and work parttime in a bum ass kitchen in a large hotel now, but we don't put out food like that sad pile Lunchbox had on his plate.

I gave up on my culinary dream though, by choosing to study economics in stead of going to culinary school.

You and I, we are bros.

Godslay

Banned
My wife and I are so polar opposites in terms of what we like to eat, it's an impossibility for me. I love spices and big flavors and her idea of that is adding salt and pepper to a chicken breast and slow roasting it in the oven.

In other words, I do most of the cooking in my house for me. Which is fine because I love to cook (to the point where I toyed with the idea of going to culinary school for a long time and then the kids arrived...)

For me beggers can't be choosers. I'll eat pretty much whatever she'll cook. I have very limited skills and I even took some cooking classes to at least be functional in a kitchen. Over the years I regressed to the slow cooker which I think is amazing, and steaks/burgers on the grill and salmon/pork in the smoker.

Can never go wrong with that. You and Chan could totally join my cook club.

I was just talking about food, Chan has some uuuuh questionable opinions about other stuff.

I would cook for you. Shit, my home made tacos are the shit. So are my new home made burgers.

Yeah, I used to watch a show called NewScanCook, and some of the stuff he made with a smoker looked great. Unfortunately, I think it's pretty tough to find herring and other fish like that here. So I usually stick to salmon in the smoker, walleye on the grill, and I'll pickle northern pike as well. Have to have my fish!

WanderingWind

I worked full time at a high level kitchen for a little over a year and work parttime in a bum ass kitchen in a large hotel now, but we don't put out food like that sad pile Lunchbox had on his plate.

I gave up on my culinary dream though, by choosing to study economics in stead of going to culinary school.

You and I, we are bros.

Smart man. I went to culinary school and then changed careers after running 2 restaurants and not wanting to work myself to an early death. Fucking longest bullshit hours. But, I did meet my awesome wife there, so it wasn't a total waste.

Those student loans though...

Yeah, I used to watch a show called NewScanCook, and some of the stuff he made with a smoker looked great. Unfortunately, I think it's pretty tough to find herring and other fish like that here. So I usually stick to salmon in the smoker, walleye on the grill, and I'll pickle northern pike as well. Have to have my fish!

Where do you live again? Because I need to come over for dinner when you're cooking some time.

Smart man. I went to culinary school and then changed careers after running 2 restaurants and not wanting to work myself to an early death. Fucking longest bullshit hours. But, I did meet my awesome wife there, so it wasn't a total waste.

I really loved working at that restaurant though, and I'm just gonna say it, I'm talented when it comes to cooking and working in the kitchen. But I also worked 60/70 hours a week and I wasn't getting payed worth a damn, so I came to the saddening conclusion that I could make a lot more money, with not working that hard.

Still, people in the food business are the best, because 99% of them are crazy and always a lot of fun.

I'll just keep it as a backup plan, in case all else fails.

Worked as a waiter for years through college and highschool to support myself.

Now that I finally got a real job its kinda sad to let it go.

But on the other hand, fuck the random hours, living on tips, and belligerent old people.

WanderingWind

It's a good job to do for the love of it. But that shit only lasted me 10 years, before I decided to make some money instead.

You're not such a bad German, after all Dutch Boy.

Godslay

Banned
Are Painter and King any good, slay? Saw that they were waived.

Gerrell Robinson, who was also cut, played better than King. He's bigger and stronger (6'3" 227 vs. 6'0" 190) than King, slightly slower iirc, but gets stone hands from time to time. King is fast, and is somewhat of a dynamic playmaker, but seems to have a lot of drops. They are both developmental to a certain degree, as they were UDFA and a 5th rounder. They were just buried under the weight of our WR depth. So they are prime candidates for the practice squad if they escape a team snapping them up. I'm not sure if anyone will though.

As far as Painter, he's real raw. He's a big, strong, guy, 6'6" 309, but has poor technique. He's practice squad material 100%, he needs more time in the oven so to speak. I think he could be solid depth given a year or two of work. No where near a starter at this point.

Where do you live again? Because I need to come over for dinner when you're cooking some time.

If you are ever in North Dakota, you are welcome to come on over. I'll even show you some of the places they used when they shot Fargo!

Greg

That's awesome.

I'm terrible with food. I order chicken everywhere I go, and I've only mastered the toaster and microwave.

Gerrell Robinson, who was also cut, played better than King. He's bigger and stronger (6'3" 227 vs. 6'0" 190) than King, slightly slower iirc, but gets stone hands from time to time. King is fast, and is somewhat of a dynamic playmaker, but seems to have a lot of drops. They are both developmental to a certain degree, as they were UDFA and a 5th rounder. They were just buried under the weight of our WR depth. So they are prime candidates for the practice squad if they escape a team snapping them up. I'm not sure if anyone will though.

As far as Painter, he's real raw. He's a big, strong, guy, 6'6" 309, but has poor technique. He's practice squad material 100%, he needs more time in the oven so to speak. I think he could be solid depth given a year or two of work. No where near a starter at this point.

Ah, okay. Thanks for info.

WanderingWind

That's awesome.

I'm terrible with food. I order chicken everywhere I go, and I've only mastered the toaster and microwave.

I'm just saying, for anybody who wants to appear like a genius, just check out any videos of Alton Brown or the shorts Ramsey put out. For those google F Word and Gordon Ramsey and there are a ton of short recipes he throws out that anybody can do that will make you look like the second coming of Julia Child.

Godslay

Banned
That's awesome.

Get a slow cooker.

It's basically:

1. Cut a bunch of stuff up.
2. Put in cooker, turn on.
3. ???????
4. $$$ Get Fat $$$

Ah, okay. Thanks for info.

Yeah, np. I think in the case of the Raiders or the Chargers, the WRs could step in and contribute. Painter, not so much.

If you are ever in North Dakota, you are welcome to come on over. I'll even show you some of the places they used when they shot Fargo!

If for some reason I'm ever in North Dakota I will visit.

San Fran is pretty awesome. Expensive as fuck though.

It was alright, but I thought it wasn't as awesome as people made it out to be.

*Microwaves a bowl of chili with a metal spoon in it*

image.php

Let's hope he doesn't jam the spoon in the toaster.

It's a good job to do for the love of it. But that shit only lasted me 10 years, before I decided to make some money instead.

You're not such a bad German, after all Dutch Boy.

Ain't so bad yourself, future German.

Speaking of food, just had some glorious baked wings dripping with buffalo sauce. Homemade of course, I'm not rich enough to go all Lunchbox and go to Buffalo Wild Wings before riding off into the Lake Michigan sunset in my speedboat.

Top Bottom