• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Hey fuckers, I made this the other week.

bvmp0rQ.jpg

Filet mignon with mashed potatoes, gremolota, and pan sauce (deglazed the pan with a little bit of chicken stock and finished with olive oil). Fuckin delicious I would charge Lunchbox $120 for this dish, I would charge more but my plating kinda sucked.

SuperBowl party at Chan's.

MechDX

I have some cubed steak, mushrooms, Texas 1015 onions and cut up red/yellow/orange bell peppers marinating in a honey teriyaki sauce I hand make. Ill slap those on some bamboo skewers tomorrow afternoon and grill those bitches up.

ChanHuk

Banned
I have some cubed steak, mushrooms, Texas 1015 onions and cut up red/yellow/orange bell peppers marinating in a honey teriyaki sauce I hand make. Ill slap those on some bamboo skewers tomorrow afternoon and grill those bitches up.

I'm going to get one of those Weber Smokey Mountain things. Wait, why am I telling you this? Texas BBQ sucks.

Thinking of creating a partition to boot into Windows for Steam goodness.

May have to move all of my legally acquired Packers content (300GB) to an external HD.

It makes me very sad.

P.S. Is W7 really $200? lol

MechDX

I'm going to get one of those Weber Smokey Mountain things. Wait, why am I telling you this? Texas BBQ sucks.

Learn to smoke in a regular grill then you can get a crutch bitch. What do you smoke in California other than avocados, hemp and an occasional Crip or Blood?

ChanHuk

Banned
Learn to smoke in a regular grill then you can get a crutch bitch. What do you smoke in California other than avocados, hemp and an occasional Crip or Blood?

Only a degenerate like you would smoke food in a Weber kettle*

*Weber Kettle is the most versatile grill/BBQ ever. I've BBQ so many things in a kettle.

Honestly, Texas BBQ does suck, I never heard of any good Texas BBQ. Most Texas BBQ is Oklahoma BBQ.

MechDX

*Weber Kettle is the most versatile grill/BBQ ever. I've BBQ so many things in a kettle.

Honestly, Texas BBQ does suck, I never heard of any good Texas BBQ. Most Texas BBQ is Oklahoma BBQ.

"Weber"....pfff....overpriced garbage only elitist California pubes buy. Texas you make your own pit by age 8 or they kick your ass out.

ChanHuk

Banned
"Weber"....pfff....overpriced garbage only elitist California pubes buy. Texas you make your own pit by age 8 or they kick your ass out.

Fuck you Texans fiend.

I can build a fucking ugly drum smoker, but why do it when I got poors like snes to build it for me? I rather be drinking and smoking food rather than drinking and building things to smoke food in.

squicken

I hope the NFL brings the auto-eject for targeting and launching. I'm not talking about the incidental stuff, but when it's reckless or intentional, the guy should get kicked

Spinluck

Faking injuries is not the way to handle getting your butt beat. The referees won't let it go that fast. You need to remember, the NFL doesn't have the spring chickens that were the replacement referees any more. Last thing I want to see is the NFL equivalent of flopping. Want to talk about something that has ruined a sport? Go talk to basketball or football fans (soccer) about feigning injury.

iRmknjF4CGZPG.gif

You really want this?

Metal Gear Giants: The Phantom Pain.

Spinluck

Hey fuckers, I made this the other week.

bvmp0rQ.jpg

Filet mignon with mashed potatoes, gremolota, and pan sauce (deglazed the pan with a little bit of chicken stock and finished with olive oil). Fuckin delicious I would charge Lunchbox $120 for this dish, I would charge more but my plating kinda sucked.

I have Madden 25 on PS3!!

And wow, I thought your kind only ate rocks, and bombs and shit. Had no idea you people creatures seek substance in your food.

LJ11

I am aware of what is coming. I have seen it in CFB for years. Everyone I talk to about this thinks I am a cave man, so we'll just see how everyone feels at the end of the year

When you considere how many NFL fans proudly proclaimed that the college game couldn't work in the NFL, how awful college football is, and how bad the defenses are the vast majority will hate everything about it.

This has been coming for a few years now, some of them are getting over the fact that the option actually works in the pros and the bigger faster stronger myth was just that.

No huddle is also a by product of reduced practice time. Said it after the strike, but teams had to find ways to up the tempo and get more reps in during practice. If you make practice more efficient and speed things up, it's going to translate during game time, have to practice and play at the same speed.

I'm not worried to be honest. Even at the college level you see the spread option no huddle teams get smacked around and the pace drops to a crawl. Will happen in the pros too.

What will NFL fans think when their team's QB is looking towards the sidelines waiting for the coaches to signal the play or even change it just like they do at the college level?

There's always hockey...

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
What will NFL fans think when their team's QB is looking towards the sidelines waiting for the coaches to signal the play or even change it just like they do at the college level?

Isn't part of that due to no headsets in CFB?

ChanHuk

Banned
I have Madden 25 on PS3!!

And wow, I thought your kind only ate rocks, and bombs and shit. Had no idea you people creatures seek substance in your food.

Hey, fuck you, just because Nixon bombed the shit out of us doesn't mean we eat rocks and bombs.

Our national dish is basically a fish souffle dish that is amazing.
fish-amok.jpg

XiaNaphryz

Hey, fuck you, just because Nixon bombed the shit out of us doesn't mean we eat rocks and bombs.

Our national dish is basically a fish custard dish that is amazing.
fish-amok.jpg

Nixon bombed the Gorons? That explains so much. I also didn't realize they ate fish. Must make relations with the Zora tricky.

Spinluck

I think the PS3 version is pretty solid. Having a lot of fun with that game. Graphics are nice too.

Yea, it runs much better compared to 11 and 12, which were really REALLY bad from what I've played on PS3. This is the first Madden I've bought since 10, and I'm enjoying it. There's a bunch of things that still annoy me to no end. But it's an improvement over the more recent ones. It just nags me that there's so much more they could fix if they put the time and money into it!! Wish Madden would get the FIFA treatment already! Lol.

Yea, it runs much better compared to 11 and 12, which were really REALLY bad from what I've played on PS3. This is the first Madden I've bought since 10, and I'm enjoying it. There's a bunch of things that still annoy me to no end. But it's an improvement over the more recent ones. It just nags me that there's so much more they could fix if they put the time and money into it!! Wish Madden would get the FIFA treatment already! Lol.

I'm afraid it needs the worldwide appeal for the FIFA treatment. Too bad it's mainly us Americans who care about this game.

squicken

Chip Kelly is doing it in Philly. They actually go so fast he can talk to the QB while he is under center. Presumably, the guys upstairs can talk to the coach, who can talk to the player. Communication doesn't cut off until the ball is snapped or the play clock goes down to 20? 10? Not sure which

Perhaps my feelings on the tempo stuff are clouded by the Big 12. But watching a Baylor or WVU game was starting to look a lot like flag football. Very little physical play, and lots of sloppy tackling. The talent is bad, but the fatigue is a factor too

XiaNaphryz

Chip Kelly is doing it in Philly. They actually go so fast he can talk to the QB while he is under center. Presumably, the guys upstairs can talk to the coach, who can talk to the player. Communication doesn't cut off until the ball is snapped or the play clock goes down to 20? 10? Not sure which

I was referring to the comment of the QB looking to the sideline for the play - if they had headsets in CFB, then you could do what Kelly's doing in Philly.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

Perhaps my feelings on the tempo stuff are clouded by the Big 12. But watching a Baylor or WVU game was starting to look a lot like flag football. Very little physical play, and lots of sloppy tackling. The talent is bad, but the fatigue is a factor too
NFL roster spots are also more valuable than NCAA roster spots. A few key injuries and the plan is shot to hell. That's why the read option needs a QB adept at avoiding contact or you get IRG3.

LJ11

The main reason they use signs is to increase efficiency and remove responsibility of having the QB line everyone up by calling a play. Why sit there and try to call in some long verbose play call when a few pictures or numbers tells everyone on O exactly what to do and where to be. It cuts out the clutter and confusion, especially in hostile environments. It also turns players into robots, their task is almost immediately assigned and they just go out execute it. I'm sure some will complain even though teams are using similar systems currently, such as one word plays to get everyone in position and ready to go.

Edit: remember the gruden camp with newton, and how everyone jumped all over him because he didn't know how to call a play. Guess what, a lot of these QBs have no fucking clue when it comes to that aspect of the game, spread no huddle teams don't have the nomenclature, waste of time to them.

When you considere how many NFL fans proudly proclaimed that the college game couldn't work in the NFL, how awful college football is, and how bad the defenses are the vast majority will hate everything about it.

This has been coming for a few years now, some of them are getting over the fact that the option actually works in the pros and the bigger faster stronger myth was just that.

No huddle is also a by product of reduced practice time. Said it after the strike, but teams had to find ways to up the tempo and get more reps in during practice. If you make practice more efficient and speed things up, it's going to translate during game time, have to practice and play at the same speed.

I'm not worried to be honest. Even at the college level you see the spread option no huddle teams get smacked around and the pace drops to a crawl. Will happen in the pros too.

There's always hockey...
I don't know that we can say that yet. This year will start to tell the tale.

At the very least it should be a useful countermeasure against some of the exotic defensive fronts (1-5-5, etc). But the flea flicker has its place as well.

The main reason they use signs is to increase efficiency and remove responsibility of having the QB line everyone up by calling a play. Why sit there and try to call in some long verbose play call when a few pictures or numbers tells everyone on O exactly what to do and where to be. It cuts out the clutter and confusion, especially in hostile environments. It also turns players into robots, their task is almost immediately assigned and they just go out execute it. I'm sure some will complain even though teams are using similar systems currently, such as one word plays to get everyone in position and ready to go.
Fans will complain, but fans are dumb. "run small playbook to perfection" is as old as the sport.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Another thing to keep in mind is how certain recent college superstars have flopped in the pros. Only when Tebow can make it in the NFL is the line in danger of blurring.

Anyone in here know of a good Firefox extension that plays YouTube videos in HTML 5 along with setting the highest video quality automatically without having to do it manually?

Schemes dictate a level and type of talent. Many college schemes work with fraud QBs.
Strongly disagree. Scheme evolves around talent, either in its absence or to accommodate it. There are teams, college and pro, that look for a certain type of player, but that's only happens after the "scheme" (ex: 3-3-5) is established.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8015709/an-excerpt-essential-smart-football-birth-3-3-5-defense.
In his first year with the Gamecocks, Strong's defense had little luck defending talented SEC squads solely with traditional defensive alignments. In an effort to combat his superior foes, Strong, whose work at South Carolina and later Florida propelled him to his current role as Louisville's head coach, went about trying to find a strategy that was novel, adaptable, and, above all else, would actually work. What he came up with was the 3-3-5 or "30 stack" defense — a defense still in vogue around college football, and one that stood as an important predecessor to the NFL's use of versatile and athletic "hybrid" defenders who have become increasingly valuable despite not being built for traditional roles.

re: fraud QBs. They aren't frauds in college. Tebow's lack of accuracy and inability to read coverages was not a problem in college, because it was irrelevant for what he was asked to do. He was not a fraud. He was a great (college) quarterback. But the job description is different when open means "5 yards of separation" and your 3rd wide receiver is 100x more talented than the defense's nickel.

XiaNaphryz

Anyone in here know of a good Firefox extension that plays YouTube videos in HTML 5 along with setting the highest video quality automatically without having to do it manually?

You can always load the URL in something like Proxfree, and set it to play using HTML5 that way.

Strongly disagree. Scheme evolves around talent, either in its absence or to accommodate it. There are teams, college and pro, that look for a certain type of player, but that's only happens after the "scheme" (ex: 3-3-5) is established.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8015709/an-excerpt-essential-smart-football-birth-3-3-5-defense.

re: fraud QBs. They aren't frauds in college. Tebow's lack of accuracy and inability to read coverages was not a problem in college, because it was irrelevant for what he was asked to do. He was not a fraud. He was a great (college) quarterback. But the job description is different when open means "5 yards of separation" and your 3rd wide receiver is 100x more talented than the defense's nickel.

would you say kap is 100X more talented than the packers defense?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I didn't mean to imply that talent mismatch doesn't necessitate a change in scheme, but the main point is that they can't be divorced like that. The pieces need to fit together. Brandon Browner needs Earl Thomas to function, and so on. Furthermore, not all schemes are competitive. The metagame in the NFL remains more demanding as certain college schemes don't hold up when matched against other teams.

You're not really contradicting me here.

KaYotiX

Banned

LOL that's cute, Californians thinking they can BBQ. Smoke a joint and catch a wave and let real men BBQ

Top Bottom