• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
How much of your monthly income should you use on rent tops? Like 30-40%?

Thats what I've always heard.

No hard and fast rule. Depends on everything else you got going on. Are apartments in the city more expensive but allow you to walk/ride a bike to work, thus saving you hundreds of dollars a month? Are you in a decentralized area? What other expenses do you have? Are you single? Kids?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
No hard and fast rule. Depends on everything else you got going on. Are apartments in the city more expensive but allow you to walk/ride a bike to work, thus saving you hundreds of dollars a month? Are you in a decentralized area? What other expenses do you have? Are you single? Kids?

Also depends on if any utilities are covered by the rent.

Lunchbox

Banned
Lets say very low. My new job is in the Twin Cities. I can get a single apartment within biking or a very short commute for pretty reasonable figures.

I've just never had to worry about getting an apartment on my own, I've always had roommates.

bike to work?

so you just walk up all sweaty with your suit covered in dirt in your office?

Greg

Youtube Alton Brown.

Thank me later.

I'm just saying, for anybody who wants to appear like a genius, just check out any videos of Alton Brown or the shorts Ramsey put out. For those google F Word and Gordon Ramsey and there are a ton of short recipes he throws out that anybody can do that will make you look like the second coming of Julia Child.
I'm in.

Speaking of food, just had some glorious baked wings dripping with buffalo sauce. Homemade of course, I'm not rich enough to go all Lunchbox and go to Buffalo Wild Wings before riding off into the Lake Michigan sunset in my speedboat.
my mouth just watered

Get a slow cooker.

It's basically:

1. Cut a bunch of stuff up.
2. Put in cooker, turn on.
3. ???????
4. $$$ Get Fat $$$
it's going to be chicken and more chicken

Godslay

Banned
Speaking of food, just had some glorious baked wings dripping with buffalo sauce. Homemade of course, I'm not rich enough to go all Lunchbox and go to Buffalo Wild Wings before riding off into the Lake Michigan sunset in my speedboat.

:jnc

You forgot that he usually drives his bimmer over to the GMC factory to see his dad at work, to get money to go to BWW.

Just because I'm in the midwest doesnt mean I'm mountain biking cross country through mud gulleys.

I didn't know you were in the cities. Heard that it is pretty brutal over there in terms of landing a job. Now I know why you were having such a hard time.

I didn't know you were in the cities. Heard that it is pretty brutal over there in terms of landing a job. Now I know why you were having such a hard time.

Especially if your degree is in Biology. Thankfully I realized I had better chances if I started showcasing my internship instead which deals with MSDS Data Cataloging and hazardous material handling.

Its very entry level but damn it feels good knowing that I'll have health insurance and a reliable income.

Godslay

Banned
Especially if your degree is in Biology. Thankfully I realized I had better chances if I started showcasing my internship instead which deals with MSDS Data Cataloging and hazardous material handling.

Its very entry level but damn it feels good knowing that I'll have health insurance and a reliable income.

Good for you and good luck. Must be a relief to be able to actually start life, rather than chasing a job.

Why didn't you tell me asshole?! </3

Also pretty decent resource here: http://firstapartmentguide.com

P.S. 40% strikes me as too high but I don't know your other expenses and you may not have a choice right meow.

I said it in here the other day!

Well I'm not exactly going to be raking in the dough starting out and rent will likely run me that if I dont want to live in the ghettos I grew up in. 40% is manageable for me. I'm going to try for lower but I want to be able to make a dent in my student loans while saving some every month.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Quick question to my madden heads... if I buy Madden 25 special edition with the direct tv Sunday ticket thing, does that mean I can log in anywhere and watch it on my ipad or whatever without having direct tv?? thanks guys

JABEE

Godslay

Banned
Quick question to my madden heads... if I buy Madden 25 special edition with the direct tv Sunday ticket thing, does that mean I can log in anywhere and watch it on my ipad or whatever without having direct tv?? thanks guys

Yes. No catch. Just log in with their app.

Godslay

Banned
perfect... so I guess this is really the only way to go. I usually just use my friends log ins on my ipad or iphone, but the extra 50 bucks seems like a no brainer. Anyone else doing this?

Yeah, I got it. Watched the last preseason game with it. Just don't change your login, cause it caused a guy in this thread problems with logging in.

I hope Herbie is right that NFL D coordinators are coaching defenses to fake injuries. Not a fan of 100% up tempo offense

Faking injuries is not the way to handle getting your butt beat. The referees won't let it go that fast. You need to remember, the NFL doesn't have the spring chickens that were the replacement referees any more. Last thing I want to see is the NFL equivalent of flopping. Want to talk about something that has ruined a sport? Go talk to basketball or football fans (soccer) about feigning injury.

iRmknjF4CGZPG.gif

You really want this?

squicken

Faking injuries is not the way to handle getting your butt beat. The referees won't let it go that fast. You need to remember, the NFL doesn't have the spring chickens that were the replacement referees any more. Last thing I want to see is the NFL equivalent of flopping. Want to talk about something that has ruined a sport? Go talk to basketball or football fans (soccer) about feigning injury.

http://instntrply.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/GiantsFlop.gif[/IMG[QUOTE]

I remember that game of course. I'm not talking about change of pace no huddle. I'm talking what New England and PHI will do. The faking injuries isn't apples to apple with soccer and basketball

brentech

iRmknjF4CGZPG.gif

You really want this?

i've looked for it before, but couldn't find it, anyone have the edited version where it's from the view of a sniper lens, in slo mo

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The Detroit Lions have settled on David Akers as their kicker.

Gonna miss that guy, but now Greg and other NFC North guys can feel the love.

I remember that game of course. I'm not talking about change of pace no huddle. I'm talking what New England and PHI will do. The faking injuries isn't apples to apple with soccer and basketball

The point I'm trying to make is when players start injuring themselves to stop an offense, regardless of the reason, you're messing with the integrity of the game. That may sound lofty -- and I certainly know it does happen -- but players and coaches should find ways of beating teams through more legitimate means.

So... why did Green Bay cut Vince Young when their current backup QB is a practice squad guy? Was Vince Young apparently too black or something?
Young basically played himself out of the spot by being awful in the last preseason game. Limited roster spots == ???

I think they figured that given Young's (poor) play, they're FUBAR if Rodgers goes down with or without him on the roster. Given that, they didn't want to risk putting Coleman on the practice squad given their investment in him.

Basically it's an admission that if Rodgers goes down at any point, the game is a forfeit.

Double post? I know it's Saturday, but you guys need to post faster!
NE, PHI, and half the league. Packaged plays in the no huddle is going to be the next big thing. Defenses are going to have to learn to fake sniper shots one at a time.

squicken

Double post? I know it's Saturday, but you guys need to post faster!

NE, PHI, and half the league. Packaged plays in the no huddle is going to be the next big thing. Defenses are going to have to learn to fake sniper shots one at a time.

I am aware of what is coming. I have seen it in CFB for years. Everyone I talk to about this thinks I am a cave man, so we'll just see how everyone feels at the end of the year

Ehh I just don't get the big deal. Football can drag on sometimes, so maybe a little up tempo would help speed the game as a whole up. Reason I love basketball so much is because it can be constant back and forth (when the refs are lenient) play.

What if I like french fries stuffed into my sandwich?

primanti_sandwich.jpg
Primanti? YUUUUMMM...

I'm just saying, for anybody who wants to appear like a genius, just check out any videos of Alton Brown or the shorts Ramsey put out. For those google F Word and Gordon Ramsey and there are a ton of short recipes he throws out that anybody can do that will make you look like the second coming of Julia Child.
F Word is such a fantastic show. Great recommendation!

I want to go to Pittsburgh just for one and some Primanti Bros.
As much as I love Primanti Bros., Peppi's and the #7 (Roethlisberger) is better:

http://www.peppisubs.com/

Also, if you're ever in Pittsburgh, hit Pamela's:

http://www.pamelasdiner.com/

The strawberry, brown sugar stuffed hot cakes are AMAZING. It's a little hole in the wall place with fantastic food.

I am aware of what is coming. I have seen it in CFB for years. Everyone I talk to about this thinks I am a cave man, so we'll just see how everyone feels at the end of the year
It's not a new concept in the NFL, either, it's just that teams have been conservative about adopting it until now.

I'm pretty excited about this year. We haven't had this kind of upheaval in offensive tactics in the NFL ... since I can remember. The quick huddle (and packaged plays in general) VS. the ever-evolving zone blitz is going to be a fascinating thing. I might actually use All-22 for more than a couple games this year!

(my interest isn't entirely pure, since the Packers defense is basically ground zero of the battle)

ChanHuk

Banned
Hey fuckers, I made this the other week.

bvmp0rQ.jpg

Filet mignon with mashed potatoes, gremolota, and pan sauce (deglazed the pan with a little bit of chicken stock and finished with olive oil). Fuckin delicious I would charge Lunchbox $120 for this dish, I would charge more but my plating kinda sucked.

Top Bottom