• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

squicken

I don't know that we can say that yet. This year will start to tell the tale.

At the very least it should be a useful countermeasure against some of the exotic defensive fronts (1-5-5, etc). But the flea flicker has its place as well.

Fans will complain, but fans are dumb. "run small playbook to perfection" is as old as the sport.

Dunno who watched the CAL-Northwestern game, but NU was faking injuries to slow CAL. It wasn't obvious like the Giants did a few years back. It was like Herbstreit said: they had clearly been coached on how to fake injuries. Lots of neck stingers and cramps. I guess WAS will be the test case vs PHI. The NCAA has no formal rule, where the NFL does. But how do you prove a played didn't have a stinger?

edit: Worst Harbaugh might also do it vs Denver. Didn't last year but it's a new and younger defense

Pretty much all my male friends love cooking. Which makes me wonder if that's a generational change, or just my dad being an outlier that skewed my perspective on men in the kitchen.

I have the best idea ever.

The Shirtless™ Cook Club
You haven't lived until you prepared bacon without a shirt on

You, Godslay, WW, Chan and Me.

squicken

Ray Lewis thinks there was a conspiracy at the Super Bowl

“I’m not gonna accuse nobody of nothing — because I don’t know facts. But you’re a zillion-dollar company, and your lights go out? No. No way,” Lewis said, via Nate Davis of USA Today. ”Now listen, if you grew up like I grew up — and you grew up in a household like I grew up — then sometimes your lights might go out, because times get hard. I understand that. But you cannot tell me somebody wasn’t sitting there and when they say, ‘The Ravens [are] about to blow them out. Man, we better do something.’ … That’s a huge shift in any game, in all seriousness. And as you see how huge it was because it let them right back in the game.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...1/americas-game-ray-lewis-super-bowl/2750459/

Manziel has really embraced the stuck up douchebag role with open arms. Will his personality affect his performance once he gets to the NFL?

Would love to have Manziel lead us to a Super Bowl throwing TD passes to Gronk. Taking their shirts off after the win.

Ray Lewis thinks there was a conspiracy at the Super Bowl

They should look into it.

Just like they should look into his murder case again.

gutshot

Manziel has really embraced the stuck up douchebag role with open arms. Will his personality affect his performance once he gets to the NFL?

I'd say it will be the opposite. Once he gets into the NFL and realizes he is not God's gift to football (despite his nickname), he will stop acting like an arrogant douche.

I'd say it will be the opposite. Once he gets into the NFL and realizes he is not God's gift to football (despite his nickname), he will stop acting like an arrogant douche.
He doesn't seem like the kind if guy who would handle a humbling experience that well. Who knows, though.

I love watching talented players, and I love seeing new ones in the NFL, but when they act like that it overrides their skill for me. Just can't stand the dude at this point. There is an art to being a likeable douchebag. Exhibit A: Aaron Rodgers.

Refresh my memory. Why did the power go out during the fucking Superbowl?

Because New Orleans is a shithole ?

He doesn't seem like the kind if guy who would handle a humbling experience that well. Who knows, though.

I love watching talented players, and I love seeing new ones in the NFL, but when they act like that it overrides their skill for me. Just can't stand the dude at this point. There is an art to being a likeable douchebag. Exhibit A: Aaron Rodgers.

You like Godgers ? He looks like such a sour, smug cunt who only cares about himself.

You like Godgers ? He looks like such a sour, smug cunt who only cares about himself.
I love him! Watch the mic'd up special on him sometime, the dude is just hilarious. He isn't just a vanilla douche, he's got that snark and self-aware sarcasm that I really appreciate. I also feel like he has really had to earn his position and there is almost no one who had to live with as much scrutiny as he did out of the gate.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Gigglepoo

The lights have now gone out in three 49ers games in three different stadiums the last two seasons. Surely, it must be a conspiracy! Also, why do we still have to listen to Ray Lewis? I thought we were finally rid of him.

The lights have now gone out in three 49ers games in three different stadiums the last two seasons. Surely, it must be a conspiracy! Also, why do we still have to listen to Ray Lewis? I thought we were finally rid of him.
He's going to be an ESPN analyst and a HOF. You're never getting rid of him.

Godslay

Banned
I declare myself dictator of this amazing group Worst German.

I'm not sure I want to be stuck in the middle of this conflict between a Cambodian dictator and a German dictator. Doesn't fare well for a peasant like myself to be stuck between Pol Pot and Adolf.

ChanHuk

Banned
I'm not sure I want to be stuck in the middle of this conflict between a Cambodian dictator and a German dictator. Doesn't fare well for a peasant like myself to be stuck between Pol Pot and Adolf.

Pol Pot would fuck up Adolf in a fist fight. I would decimate Worst German in any scenario.

Chan is only in because of affirmative action. We need some oriental flavoring.

I'm going to start fining in the cook club as well if.

Pol Pot would fuck up Adolf in a fist fight. I would decimate Worst German in any scenario.

This calls for a cook-off.

squicken

Starter is bringing back those satin jackets. Gonna have to roll Raiders again to keep it real

BTFgEKrIUAAvnbA.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I love the Browns but I'd never wear a jacket of them.

The most I have is a hoodie and I even got chirped wearing that.

Godslay

Banned

:jnc

Chan is only in because of affirmative action. We need some oriental flavoring.

I'm going to start fining in the cook club as well if.

This calls for a cook-off.

I just ran my microwave through a comprehensive set of test runs. Defrost, popcorn, hot pockets, premium hot pockets (these are hard, cook them too long and they dry out), I even tried to make some of those dick potatoes from French Laundry (I was close). I think I'm ready for this cook off.

Starter is bringing back those satin jackets. Gonna have to roll Raiders again to keep it real

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTFgEKrIUAAvnbA.jpg

I had one of those when I was a kid. Old emblem, don't know the brand. I loved that coat. Too bad the new ones are $150, can't justify that.

did he comment on the blatant missed holding call on the opening kick of the 2nd half right in front of the ref? did he comment on the bullshit PI call against us on 3rd down late in the game when our CB didn't touch boldin? did he comment on the non-call helmet to helmet hit on a defenseless receiver by the ravens against crabtree on 3rd and goal near the end of the game? did he comment on the obvious PI/defensive holding on the last play of the game?

oh

Lunchbox

Banned
my 50$ buy in draft is soon, i got third pick, AP is gone, and rumor is Calvin johnson goes 2nd.

should i go Rice or Doug martin?

i dont trust the tacobell offense so im leaning rice, but ravens will suck dick this year. what do i do. i could potentially pay for a second xbone with the winning pot, help me bros

Talon

Dunno who watched the CAL-Northwestern game, but NU was faking injuries to slow CAL. It wasn't obvious like the Giants did a few years back. It was like Herbstreit said: they had clearly been coached on how to fake injuries. Lots of neck stingers and cramps. I guess WAS will be the test case vs PHI. The NCAA has no formal rule, where the NFL does. But how do you prove a played didn't have a stinger?

edit: Worst Harbaugh might also do it vs Denver. Didn't last year but it's a new and younger defense
Just no. They were pretty much playing til 1 AM at their time. Stayed on the field for 99 plays. Two freshmen had to come in the middle of the game due to injuries.

I don't think Fitz is capable of telling his guys to fake something. Both teams must have lost seven guys to injury.

my 50$ buy in draft is soon, i got third pick, AP is gone, and rumor is Calvin johnson goes 2nd.

should i go Rice or Doug martin?

i dont trust the tacobell offense so im leaning rice, but ravens will suck dick this year. what do i do. i could potentially pay for a second xbone with the winning pot, help me bros
I'd personally go Martin. The younger back, just hitting his stride. Very quick and has great hands. Offense will really roll through him , aren't the Ravens given some more carries to rices backup at this point?. Can't go wrong with one or the other, but Martin is my pick

Top Bottom