• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

squicken

I'm not certain Bridgewater is better than Boyd, but those two seem like the obvious guys to watch so far

edit: I know that he was a bit of a punching bag last year, but the LSU QB looked good last night. Big arm and some nice throws

I'm not certain Bridgewater is better than Boyd, but those two seem like the obvious guys to watch so far

edit: I know that he was a bit of a punching bag last year, but the LSU QB looked good last night. Big arm and some nice throws
I've got a ton of Qbs on my watch list this season .
Boyd, Teddy, Stephen Morris, Manzielly fish, Hundley, Mariota
Edit: ill toss Braxton in here too, if he can develop as a passer more

Lunchbox

Banned
TjX6srY.jpg

lWTK9w3.jpg

what a cool owner

Despite your love of JCamp I will totally turn to you during the Browns Superbowl when we draft our next future QB.
It's not really that I love Jcamp, it's more of just a general disdain for Weed Man. It might be irrational but I don't care.....I'm sorry for the disrespect to my elders

Who is Training Camp HOFers in the cat.gif league?

They gave you a D for your draft. :(

Me. :(

Draft button Draft button Draft button Draft button Draft button Draft button Draft button Draft button Draft button Draft button Draft button Draft button Draft button Draft button Draft button Draft button Draft button Draft button Draft button Draft button Draft button Draft button Draft button Draft button Draft button Draft button Draft button

Sorry can't hear you. You get a waiver wire player.

Boyd is who I'd think Arians would like for his system from what I've read. Curious to see if Teddy is still considered the best QB at the end of the season though having a weak schedule doesn't do him any favors if one of these other guys have a hot season.

Godslay

Banned
Has anyone tried activating the EA Madden NFL Directv yet?

Yes. It works as advertised. Decent quality, lesser than NFL Game Rewind, but still pretty good quality, comparable at least. Audio is somewhat low quality, has a tin like sound to it. Nice features, such as Fantasy and big play notifications. Also Redzone will be present on Sundays I'd assume.

Boyd is who I'd think Arians would like for his system from what I've read. Curious to see if Teddy is still considered the best QB at the end of the season though having a weak schedule doesn't do him any favors if one of these other guys have a hot season.
Logan Thomas is who you'll take.

JCizzle

Yes. It works as advertised. Decent quality, lesser than NFL Game Rewind, but still pretty good quality, comparable at least. Audio is somewhat low quality, has a tin like sound to it. Nice features, such as Fantasy and big play notifications. Also Redzone will be present on Sundays I'd assume.

I wouldn't say it worked as advertised for me.

1. I had issues getting games to load - e.g. I couldn't get the final Niners preseason game because I kept getting a "Game video will start 60 minutes before kickoff" error... while the game was happening.
2. The stupid fucking app won't remember the long ass username/password combo on ipad. This seems to be a pretty common problem and it's a HUGE pain in the ass because of how long the code is.

From the few games I could stream, I do agree the quality was better than I expected based on people's reviews from last year.

Nate Ulrich ‏ @ NateUlrichABJ4m
# Browns HC Chud in news release: “Again, our roster is fluid right now. We still need to address our kicker position, so we’re not done."

Nate Ulrich ‏ @ NateUlrichABJ 4m
# Browns HC Chud on new RBs: "Johnson and Rainey have been productive runners. They also give us some options as a kickoff returner."
Chud on all the activity today. Rainey pick up seems to be a good one, seems like some Ravens fans felt it was a good one

Godslay

Banned
I wouldn't say it worked as advertised for me.

1. I had issues getting games to load - e.g. I couldn't get the final Niners preseason game because I kept getting a "Game video will start 60 minutes before kickoff" error... while the game was happening.
2. The stupid fucking app won't remember the long ass username/password combo on ipad. This seems to be a pretty common problem and it's a HUGE pain in the ass because of how long the code is.

From the few games I could stream, I do agree the quality was better than I expected based on people's reviews from last year.

I just typed in the credentials, selected the game I wanted AZ/DEN, and it loaded right up. Now I did this on the PC connected to my basement TV, which is just an i5 with 8GB of RAM, no graphics card. So it was pretty smooth. My connection is 50/30, connected via ethernet. Saved the creds in Chrome as well.

Haven't tried it on mobile.

I'm curious as to how the quality holds up under the load of an actual gameday.

McGloin beating out Wilson isn't such a big deal, but it's a 4th round pick and half a million in cap space just wasted for a team that doesn't have the slack to miss. Can't imagine the coach or GM being there next year. Tommy Boy needs to bring in an Elway-type who can function as de facto owner

I don't think Reggie is going anywhere, it sucks to miss on a 4th, but he still hit with Hayden, Watson, Sio Moore in the first 3 rounds then hit with Kasa and Butler in the late rounds.

Not sure about Dennis Allen still being the coach. A lot of people think he will be safe, but who knows.

squicken

Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt
Tyler Wilson (112) now becomes highest draft pick cut, joining Chris Harper (123) in fourth round. Wilson overdrafted; very smal hands

There needs to be more education on this horrible affliction. QB careers are spiraling downward as it goes unchecked

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
... how are you a Dodgers fan and a Broncos fan?

Ever since the Raiders and Rams left LA, a lot of people down there have grown up without a local team so they just end up picking up some other NFL team to root for. A bunch of them end up being Raiders or Niners fans though.

They'll all squicken to the Chargers once they move to LA. ;P

Lunchbox

Banned
About to purchase a game called El Shaddai, any of you play it before?
it's garbage

only for animus like frankman and fmt. it was 3$ on xbox live during the spring sale and people still thought it was a waste of money

better off getting 4 challupas with 15$

Fox318

Indie game the movie was ok. The humble comment I made before was really just because of a comment team meat said about Halo reach that seemed a little harsh in my opinion.

Fish doesn't look as bad in this as I thought he would.

MechDX

I'm probably done buying games till the new consoles launch.

Serious question I don't dare ask on the gaming side: Why are you getting the new consoles and what games are helping to make up your decision?

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
Six teams -- CLEV, HOU, GB, DAL, NO, BALT -- put in waiver claims for former 49ers RB MarQueis Gray, who was awarded to the Browns.
Expand

Why are the Browns stockpiling running backs? And damn at all those teams.

Top Bottom