• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

jbug617

Banned
Serious question I don't dare ask on the gaming side: Why are you getting the new consoles and what games are helping to make up your decision?

For Xbox One they have games I want to play (Crimson Dragon, Dead Rising 3, Lococycle and Killer Instinct). I don't have a gaming PC so games like Titanfall excite me.

For PS4 I really don't like their launch lineup (retail) but I'm looking forward to the new Infamous. Also sort of betting that Naughty Dog is going to kick it up a notch for next gen.

My 360 is still going to be plugged in because that's the only way I'm going to get my Street Fighter fix for a while since they are not porting over the game for next gen.

MechDX

For Xbox One they have games I want to play (Crimson Dragon, Dead Rising 3, Lococycle and Killer Instinct). I don't have a gaming PC so games like Titanfall excite me.

For PS4 I really don't like their launch lineup (retail) but I'm looking forward to the new Infamous. Also sort of betting that Naughty Dog is going to kick it up a notch for next gen.

Thanks. But why get a PS4 now and not wait or are you?

Serious questions because I see nothing from either side at launch that will make me run out and get one. After new year maybe XONE for Titanfall but that about it. Still some good stuff coming this holiday for the current HD twins.

Greg

Serious question I don't dare ask on the gaming side: Why are you getting the new consoles and what games are helping to make up your decision?
the eventual Gran Turismo, whatever ND puts out, the dream that SOCOM makes a return

I don't think I'll have the money at launch this time around though, so it doesn't matter

cause i wipe my ass with 500$
titanfall
can I have 500 before you wipe your ass with it?

Fantomex

it's garbage

only for animus like frankman and fmt. it was 3$ on xbox live during the spring sale and people still thought it was a waste of money

better off getting 4 challupas with 15$

Cant argue with that. I like equating real world values to Taco Bell. Like we just bought some sudafed and i was like " I could of gotten 2 smothered burritos with that" . I'll pass on the game. Get me that Saints Row all the young poeple are talking about.

Youre alright Lunchbox

Godslay

Banned

Serious questions because I see nothing from either side at launch that will make me run out and get one. After new year maybe XONE for Titanfall but that about it. Still some good stuff coming this holiday for the current HD twins.

I was going to buy both at launch, but I doubt I'll buy either now. Probably buy an X1 when Titanfall comes out, and maybe a PS4 somewhere down the line. I know it's not cool on gaming side to like Microsoft at this point, but fuck them and fuck that. It's basically Gamespot system wars over there.

Why am I getting a new console? Really only because its the shiny new thing. The games will come eventually.

Says the guy who gives people shit about buying a Wii U. The games are coming for that too, and you'll have a post-launch drought just like the U. Snes would call you a hypocrite!

MechDX

Cant argue with that. I like equating real world values to Taco Bell. Like we just bought some sudafed and i was like " I could of gotten 2 smothered burritos with that" . I'll pass on the game. Get me that Saints Row all the young poeple are talking about.

Youre alright Lunchbox

Good choice! Game is completely awesome except for the damn burning/racing missions.

jbug617

Banned

My reason for the PS4 is really not rational. I ordered at E3 and the next thing you know it became hard to find preorders so I'm not going to cancel it.

Sony has a track record with their first party and PS+ (Resogun) so I think the console will be worth owning and I don't have to wait long for Infamous.

I probably could hold off on buying the PS4 but I sort of want both at launch.

edit: It also helps that I'm paying off the preorders via Amazon gift cards till launch so it won't be a big hit on my wallet.

I was going to buy both at launch, but I doubt I'll buy either now. Probably buy an X1 when Titanfall comes out, and maybe a PS4 somewhere down the line. I know it's not cool on gaming side to like Microsoft at this point, but fuck them and fuck that. It's basically Gamespot system wars over there.

Says the guy who gives people shit about buying a Wii U. The games are coming for that too, and you'll have a post-launch drought just like the U. Snes would call you a hypocrite!

I only gave snes shit about the Wii U. Dont have anything against it.

MechDX

That's why I asked here. Any thread about the Xone you are guaranteed "Have you seen Titanfall" in the first dozen posts. And somewhere some 12 year old in his basement is laughing thinking he the most witty poster ever!

KaYotiX

Banned
Buying PS4 to flip , if I cant ill have it for Infamous in Feb. and eventually all the SONY first party games.

Xbox One has a nice list of games I want on it from launch till next spring.

I also love new hardware launches :) Hell, I bought a Wii U...... lol (don't regret it either)

Godslay

Banned
That's why I asked here. Any thread about the Xone you are guaranteed "Have you seen Titanfall" in the first dozen posts. And somewhere some 12 year old in his basement is laughing thinking he the most witty poster ever!

That shit is bannable now. Couple of guys got smoked for it in that MS bowing out of console space if X1 is a failure thread.

can I have 500 before you wipe your ass with it?

He doesn't wipe his ass with it, his dad comes in and wipes his ass for him.

MechDX

That shit is bannable now. Couple of guys got smoked for it in that MS bowing out of console space if X1 is a failure thread.

He doesn't wipe his ass with it, his dad comes in and wipes his ass for him.

Is that before or after they take the "speedboat" out on Lake Michigan?

My 360 is still going to be plugged in because that's the only way I'm going to get my Street Fighter fix for a while since they are not porting over the game for next gen.

Yeah. I'll wait for a PS3 when there's a game I need

jbug617

Banned
Halo 5 Confirmed for next year. Titanfall in the spring and Halo in the fall.

halo5anim23af1.gif

bionic77

PS4 looks most appealing to me of the next gen consoles and yet it still pales next to the 3DS. Will probably get the 4 after they work out the kinks and put out a legendary soccer game.

Indies seem to appeal to me more these days than most blockbuster games (half of which are just shifty COD ripoffs, the others ripping off RE4 and GTA, aka the modern game industry).

Fantomex

I'll play it. 2 was my favorite, but I've enjoyed every iteration.

I like the Halo series but I no longer feel like I'm missing out on anything by not buying it. Don't really plan to own xbone for a long time

Yeah absolutely no interest in Halo for me either.

I think one day I'll pick it up but It just doesn't get me hyped like a FIFA release or even a Level Five game. And I think I got tired of teens on live calling me nigger and fag every 5 seconds .

Godslay

Banned
They finally fixed loot, those fuckers are drawing me back in. Getting it PS3. Then PS4 later.

Did they though? I thought it made for absurdly overpowered builds. I was reading that there was some crazy shit dropping in comparison to the PC version.

JCizzle

Did they though? I thought it made for absurdly overpowered builds. I was reading that there was some crazy shit dropping in comparison to the PC version.

Isn't that the point of Diablo though, at least partially? I'd rather have baseline good/great loot and strive to get perfect loot vs. the current system of meh loot, strive for a long time to get good loot, then spend billions and billions to get great/perfect. It looks crazy, but I think they'll have different balance on loot/mobs than on PC.

MechDX

lol Shaub above Luck, RG3, Wilson, Kaep. Keep on doing what you do John.

In Schaubs defense he has put up good numbers for a few years now. All the guys you mentioned have done it for one or less. You may not agree but it is a truth and should be considered when making lists.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Vegas has the Lions as a 4.5-point favorite against Minnesota in the first game. Makes no sense at all.

JCizzle

In Schaubs defense he has put up good numbers for a few years now. All the guys you mentioned have done it for one or less. You may not agree but it is a truth and should be considered when making lists.

If you had to pick a QB for this upcoming year, would you take Schaub over any of them?

Godslay

Banned
check my team i just drafted bro, im buying a second xbone with the winnings

That's a nice team. If it makes you feel any better having Grandpa on your team, my Ultimate Madden team drew Tom Brady in a pack. Disgusting seeing him in a Broncos jersey, but he's the best option out of the shitty QBs I have.

Isn't that the point of Diablo though, at least partially? I'd rather have baseline good/great loot and strive to get perfect loot vs. the current system of meh loot, strive for a long time to get good loot, then spend billions and billions to get great/perfect. It looks crazy, but I think they'll have different balance on loot/mobs than on PC.

Maybe, I just think that if the loot is overpowered relative to the mobs, then it's not going to be fun. No challenge, but then some people just love the thrill of click-click-loot more than challenge in these games. A good balance would be nice.

beast786

Yes. It works as advertised. Decent quality, lesser than NFL Game Rewind, but still pretty good quality, comparable at least. Audio is somewhat low quality, has a tin like sound to it. Nice features, such as Fantasy and big play notifications. Also Redzone will be present on Sundays I'd assume.

Thanks man. Will do

Top Bottom