• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

I just don't understand it. Same exact problems with the D as we see every year.
They always look kinda bad in the preseason since Capers goes vanilla. Guys trying to learn a complicated defense, not knowing where to go, not sure who's responsible for what.

It probably doesn't mean much, actually. It's just frustrating to see them clowned by basic offensive concepts.

If I play the Packers, I throw deep every play.
I wish you were the offensive coordinator for 31 NFL teams.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Johnathan Franklin will be a great 3rd down back. Perfect for the screen.

Agreed. Like I said in my post, I think he can contribute in the absence of Gronk, may do well in those 2 TE sets, but it appears they're getting back to the WR based offense.

Sudfeld has been lined up out wide and at h-back with Ballard playing Gronk's roll in the beginning. Lots of 2 TE sets on the first few drives. Gronk/Ballard/Sudfeld sound like a fun bunch of TEs.

Edit : Curry looks awesome. Holy shit, that's a big man to hit you from behind like that (teeheee).

Don't get too worried. Arians game plans for preseason. Pack playing vanilla D
Thus far it's been:

"Oh shit! A double move!"

"Oh shit! A wheel route!"

"Oh shit! An end zone fade!"

We're vanilla, but it more exposes our inability to defend basic concepts without the Capers smoke and mirrors. It would be fine, if Capers could still work his magic. (I don't think he can)

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I hope someone gif'd that. That was impressive

good god, i hate the texans preseason crew. Such amateurs, the play by play guy always gets peoples names wrong, he said earlier someone was tackled by jonathon joseph... who didnt even suit for the game. The video signal is crap tonight too, cutting in and out.

TheFatOne

Sudfeld has been lined up out wide and at h-back with Ballard playing Gronk's roll in the beginning. Lots of 2 TE sets on the first few drives. Gronk/Ballard/Sudfeld sound like a fun bunch of TEs.

Sudfield looks nice. I wonder how good his blocking is though. Gronk is one of the best in the game, and the running game could lose something without him. Although the oline/running game was awesome tonight.

MechDX

good god, i hate the texans preseason crew. Such amateurs, the play by play guy always gets peoples names wrong, he said earlier someone was tackled by jonathon joseph... who didnt even suit for the game. The video signal is crap tonight too, cutting in and out.

Never did see a replay.

All that and they play that wonderful Clay Walker song....

Can any Packer TE actually catch? Jesus.

pHp6OaGl.jpg

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Holy fuck, Stanton is slicing and dicing this bullshit secondary. I'd be embarrassed if I was out there.

Top Bottom