• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Godslay

Banned
Yeah, the guy could peak now. God, I hope so with that size and weight. Looks good though if Dressen gets injured for a longer term. This is something to watch for sure in the preseason.

He'll be used in games a lot more this year. Have to remember when he was a rookie he got to start but couldn't block worth a shit. Then injuries. But now he can block. I've posted about him a couple times so far. He's my most closely watched player this camp.

But that's what I did!

And I'm quite aware of how good your WR corps looks. No excuses for Peyton this time!

Some may say otherwise, but Peyton wasn't always the reason those teams lost in the playoffs!

Colasante

Miami Dolphins signed FS Reshad Jones to a four year extension today.

Good move by them. Jones always seemed like a good safety when I saw him play against the Patriots. Quality safety play is crucial to defending the Patriots. The Bills could learn something from this.

Good move by them. Jones always seemed like a good safety when I saw him play against the Patriots. Quality safety play is crucial to defending the Patriots. The Bills could learn something from this.
Awesome news! Jones is a stud. Any word on the terms?

He was awesome for me in Madden

Can't force fumbles and get big hits though

Godslay

Banned
Easy mistake for someone not familiar with the Mighty Ted's ways. Lacy was clearly drafted to add some youth and girth to our aging and undersized d-line.

He and Raji will each play 20% of the snaps so that both can stay fresh.

I thought he was a shoe-in for Bulaga's spot. Makes sense though on the D-line. Someone has to replace Gilbert Brown at some point.

New Packers QB depth chart:

1) Graham Harrell
2) Vince Young
3) Randall Cobb
4) Fraudgers

The new contract is already looking like a hugee mistake.

Colasante

Awesome news! Jones is a stud. Any word on the terms?

4 years, $30 million according to Schefter. That's a little steep. I think that makes him close to the highest paid safety in the league. I guess they anticipate him developing into an elite safety, which is certainly possible.

4 years, $30 million according to Schefter. That's a little steep. I think that makes him close to the highest paid safety in the league. I guess they anticipate him developing into an elite safety, which is certainly possible.
Wow. Ireland certainly hasn't been shy about throwing around the money this offseason. I think Jones could be worth it though, he looks to be developing into something special.

MechDX

2013 Houston Texans

Offense:

QB: We all know what happened near the end of the season. While all the fault can not fall on Schaub alone (looking at your defense Wade!) he is the QB of this team and there for the leader.
There is some talk that he was never 100% after the prior seasons LisFranc injury. Dont expect Schaub to be a game changer because well...he isnt. He just needs to manage the game and use the playmakers he has. No matter what the redbloods and bandwagoners tell you Kase Keenum is not the future and TJ Yates will be #2

RB: Arian Foster has been hampered by a calf injury since OTA’s and should return to full practice this week. While some say he had a down year last year in comparison to his prior two seasons. He was still the #2 rusher in the league last season behind only AP. Ben Tate is the #2 but just recently tweaked his hamstring again. Lot of UDFA’s behind Tate that have all shown flashes during camp.

WR/TE: Some bitches forgot about Dre! NUFF SAID! Texans have finally addressed WR #2 with 1st round pick DeAndre Hopkins. Nuk has just garnered praise for his ability to catch all types of passes in between many different coverage’s during TC. It is a fact that Kubiak rarely ever praises rookies but has gotten it from Kubiak regularly. He has also started getting a chemistry with Schaub which also says a ton. If Schaub doesn’t feel comfortable with you he won’t throw it to you. Keyshawn Martin is showing some sophomore flashes as WR #3. Owen Daniels is still a fixture at TE with Garret Graham (SCONIS FOR LIFE YO!) showed flashes last season.

OL: The line WILL improve this season. The left side LT-Duane Brown (1st team All Pro) LG-Wade Smith (Pro Bowl) and C Chris Myers (Pro Bowl) will anchor the line again. The right side is still not 100% solid but it is coming together. Right now RG looks to be 2nd year player Brandon Brooks. Brooks had weight issues last season but started to come on towards the end while rookie Ben Jones (natural position is center) was the starter. Brooks caught the eye of many this camp when he went one on one with JJ Watt and controlled him at the line. RT is a contest right now between veteran Ryan Harris and Derek Newton who is coming off knee surgery. Rookie David Quesenberry has shown large promise and upside to be the swing tackle.

Texans Defense:

DL: JJ FUCKIN Watt. DONE! Seriously his line mate Antonio Smith had a good season last year and is now in the final year of his contract. 2nd year Player Jared Crick has shown marked improvement this offseason and will be the eventual full time replacement. Shaun Cody at NT is now gone (THANK TEBOW!) and Earl Mitchell will now get the starter job full time.

OLB: Gone is Connor “Im too much a fucking hipster to be good” Barwin. How does Watt have such a season last year and the starting strong side OLB get 3 fucking sacks? Brooks Reed will move over to the strong side and 2nd year player Whitney Mercilus takes over opposite Reed. This is probably the area of most concern for the defense. The depth behind these two is questionable. Two rookies Sam Montgomery and Trevardo Williams. Montgomery showed up to camp out of shape and injured a knee…my guess will be he is heading to the IR list unless he shows marked improvement. William has shown great athleticism but gets dominate when trying to shut down the edge against the run.

ILB: Cushing is back! As of this week he has been more involved in all practices after returning from an ACL injury. Cushing is the lynchpin of this defense and it showed when he went out last season. He was garnering praise as the second best ILB/MLB in the league behind Willis for his athleticism and tenacity. Next to him would be Daryl Sharpton but he can not stay healthy. Joe Mays was signed to put pressure on him and in the few practices since that signing Sharpton has shown “marked improvement”…. Opposite of Cushing you only need a two down linebacker anyway.

Secondary: This group has the potential to be something REALLY damn good this year. Turns out Johnathan Joseph was suffering for most of last season with a double sports hernia. While he was lacking 3rd year CB Kareem Jackson blossomed. Kareem was the fan base’s whipping boy for his first couple years (Kareem tripped twice as I typed this! Jnc) but last year became a near shutdown corner. Quinn is gone at safety but enter 144 year old Ed Motherfuckin Reed! While Reed is recovering from offseason hip surgery it has allowed rookie DJ Swearinger to shine. His team mates and coaches are impressed with his leadership qualities and dedication to the game combined with great abilities. Reeds impact will be felt in more than just physical abilities.

Final Thoughts: While I keep reading about the Broncos and Patriots (LMAO!) being the class of the AFC I would suggest you don’t sleep on this team. The total amount of talent the Texans have is almost scary. Here are the keys:
--Schaub needs to play smart and be what he is: a game manager and don’t make critical mistakes
--Reeds impact: the glue that will hold this team together down the stretch so they don’t start to believe their own hype like last season. The grizzled homeless guy can keep them focused.
--Trust in DeAndre Schaub!!
--With Cushings return the defense needs to return to the dominating swarm from 2011! #BULLSONPARADE bitches!

--Oh and Gary Kubiak needs to stop being a pussy and cut the opponents throats when he has a lead!

Bowser

Updated the wtwf. Don't hesitate to let me know if I miss yours.

Also, has anyone seen Wes or Zeke? I need those guys to sign up for some fantasy footbaw. And WanderingWind, is Buffalo WhyGodsWhy your team?

I write up a gorgeous, detailed post on the Panthers and you don't even bother linking to it?!

NE1G5.gif

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
2013 Houston Texans

Offense:

QB: We all know what happened near the end of the season. While all the fault can not fall on Schaub alone (looking at your defense Wade!) he is the QB of this team and there for the leader.
There is some talk that he was never 100% after the prior seasons LisFranc injury. Dont expect Schaub to be a game changer because well...he isnt. He just needs to manage the game and use the playmakers he has. No matter what the redbloods and bandwagoners tell you Kase Keenum is not the future and TJ Yates will be #2

RB: Arian Foster has been hampered by a calf injury since OTA’s and should return to full practice this week. While some say he had a down year last year in comparison to his prior two seasons. He was still the #2 rusher in the league last season behind only AP. Ben Tate is the #2 but just recently tweaked his hamstring again. Lot of UDFA’s behind Tate that have all shown flashes during camp.

WR/TE: Some bitches forgot about Dre! NUFF SAID! Texans have finally addressed WR #2 with 1st round pick DeAndre Hopkins. Nuk has just garnered praise for his ability to catch all types of passes in between many different coverage’s during TC. It is a fact that Kubiak rarely ever praises rookies but has gotten it from Kubiak regularly. He has also started getting a chemistry with Schaub which also says a ton. If Schaub doesn’t feel comfortable with you he won’t throw it to you. Keyshawn Martin is showing some sophomore flashes as WR #3. Owen Daniels is still a fixture at TE with Garret Graham (SCONIS FOR LIFE YO!) showed flashes last season.

OL: The line WILL improve this season. The left side LT-Duane Brown (1st team All Pro) LG-Wade Smith (Pro Bowl) and C Chris Myers (Pro Bowl) will anchor the line again. The right side is still not 100% solid but it is coming together. Right now RG looks to be 2nd year player Brandon Brooks. Brooks had weight issues last season but started to come on towards the end while rookie Ben Jones (natural position is center) was the starter. Brooks caught the eye of many this camp when he went one on one with JJ Watt and controlled him at the line. RT is a contest right now between veteran Ryan Harris and Derek Newton who is coming off knee surgery. Rookie David Quesenberry has shown large promise and upside to be the swing tackle.

Texans Defense:

DL: JJ FUCKIN Watt. DONE! Seriously his line mate Antonio Smith had a good season last year and is now in the final year of his contract. 2nd year Player Jared Crick has shown marked improvement this offseason and will be the eventual full time replacement. Shaun Cody at NT is now gone (THANK TEBOW!) and Tim Jamison will now get the starter job full time.

OLB: Gone is Connor “Im too much a fucking hipster to be good” Barwin. How does Watt have such a season last year and the starting strong side OLB get 3 fucking sacks? Brooks Reed will move over to the strong side and 2nd year player Whitney Mercilus takes over opposite Reed. This is probably the area of most concern for the defense. The depth behind these two is questionable. Two rookies Sam Montgomery and Trevardo Williams. Montgomery showed up to camp out of shape and injured a knee…my guess will be he is heading to the IR list unless he shows marked improvement. William has shown great athleticism but gets dominate when trying to shut down the edge against the run.

ILB: Cushing is back! As of this week he has been more involved in all practices after returning from an ACL injury. Cushing is the lynchpin of this defense and it showed when he went out last season. He was garnering praise as the second best ILB/MLB in the league behind Willis for his athleticism and tenacity. Next to him would be Daryl Sharpton but he can not stay healthy. Joe Mays was signed to put pressure on him and in the few practices since that signing Sharpton has shown “marked improvement”…. Opposite of Cushing you only need a two down linebacker anyway.

Secondary: This group has the potential to be something REALLY damn good this year. Turns out Johnathan Joseph was suffering for most of last season with a double sports hernia. While he was lacking 3rd year CB Kareem Jackson blossomed. Kareem was the fan base’s whipping boy for his first couple years (Kareem tripped twice as I typed this! Jnc) but last year became a near shutdown corner. Quinn is gone at safety but enter 144 year old Ed Motherfuckin Reed! While Reed is recovering from offseason hip surgery it has allowed rookie DJ Swearinger to shine. His team mates and coaches are impressed with his leadership qualities and dedication to the game combined with great abilities. Reeds impact will be felt in more than just physical abilities.

Final Thoughts: While I keep reading about the Broncos and Patriots (LMAO!) being the class of the AFC I would suggest you don’t sleep on this team. The total amount of talent the Texans have is almost scary. Here are the keys:
--Schaub needs to play smart and be what he is: a game manager and don’t make critical mistakes
--Reeds impact: the glue that will hold this team together down the stretch so they don’t start to believe their own hype like last season. The grizzled homeless guy can keep them focused.
--Trust in DeAndre Schaub!!
--With Cushings return the defense needs to return to the dominating swarm from 2011! #BULLSONPARADE bitches!

--Oh and Gary Kubiak needs to stop being a pussy and cut the opponents throats when he has a lead!
early mitchell is the starting NT.

And you forgot special teams, as in: how the hell does joe marciano still have a job special teams!

MechDX

early mitchell is the starting NT.

And you forgot special teams, as in: how the hell does joe marciano still have a job special teams!

Slip up on Mitchell, my bad and fixed.

I was hoping if I just ignore special teams it would just magically fix itself! Seriously, throw a special teams section together and Ill add it in.

Top Bottom