• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Comments that are instantly ignored when spouted:

"I'm in the best shape of my life"

"This team has great chemistry"

"I don't think injury will be a problem for me this year"

"I can play another 10 years at a high level"

jbug617

Banned
Pats and Bucs going to practice together. Not sure if their is a Taco Bell close to Gillete so Freeman is going to be cranky this week.

Milchjon

Comments that are instantly ignored when spouted:

"I'm in the best shape of my life"

"This team has great chemistry"

"I don't think injury will be a problem for me this year"

"I can play another 10 years at a high level"

I'm a 15 year old girl and Tom is my One Direction. Of course I'm gonna lap up everything he says.

Indeed. Gotta say, our starters on both sides of the ball looked great vs. the saints, but I've never seen a player play his way out of a job more completely than Vince Agnew, he got destroyed like 10 plays in a row.

Good read on Cam's growth and maturation coming into this season

"I did a lot of reflecting this offseason," Newton said. "I wanted to look at a lot of things. How was I with my teammates? How was I with the media? I know you have a job to do like I have a job to do. It was a time to look and see what I could do better. People have to realize that I am a person too. I play football, so, yes, that makes me different, but I am just like everyone else in a lot of ways. People see things and they misunderstand me a lot of times."

That's in the past now. He's also doing a better job of endearing himself to his teammates. He still isn't one of those hangout guys with them, but he's getting better at interacting with them.

Rivera has noticed.

"One of the things he's taken to heart is that it's not just about him wanting to be the best, it's about him wanting to help make his teammates the best," Rivera said. "You notice that now more."

inb4 HelloKitty/ScamTowel/ScamPress pics

Panthers will don what was voted as the greatest uniform of all time this Thursday night at Philly

BRePnwqCUAAJIyR.png:large

SWAG

eznark

Banned
Wasn't he only active like two or three games last year? Plus he was a late first. Probably wouldn't eat a lot to just cut him.

Milchjon

Wasn't he only active like two or three games last year? Plus he was a late first. Probably wouldn't eat a lot to just cut him.

"In his rookie regular season he played in only 37 offensive snaps and was targeted with a pass just once, which he dropped."

squicken

In a perfect world, but there is an ever so slight friction in SF. Baalke has commented publicly that Fangio didn't play a deep enough rotation last year, sort of hinting it was why so many guys wore down last year. Sando has brought this up quite a bit, so I think it is a thing that bears watching. So Baalke may be reluctant to cut a guy he just drafted, since that undermines his power (the reason we play a shallow rotation is b/c you can't draft for shit)

Colasante

I thought FMT was down on AJ Jenkins, but even the beat writers think he should be cut. That would be nuts

Was Jenkins the player the 49ers were referring to when they said they had a name down in an envelope and knew who they were going to draft in 2012? Or was that Bruce Irvin? If it was Jenkins, that's even more embarrassing.

eznark

Banned
In a perfect world, but there is an ever so slight friction in SF. Baalke has commented publicly that Fangio didn't play a deep enough rotation last year, sort of hinting it was why so many guys wore down last year. Sando has brought this up quite a bit, so I think it is a thing that bears watching. So Baalke may be reluctant to cut a guy he just drafted, since that undermines his power (the reason we play a shallow rotation is b/c you can't draft for shit)

If Harbaugh says he is flat not going to play the guy, and Harbaugh is the Golden Child, you're going to dump the last man on the bench. Better to kill an unwanted nuisance than let it hang around on life support ruining family functions.

squicken

Was Jenkins the player the 49ers were referring to when they said they had a name down in an envelope and knew who they were going to draft in 2012? Or was that Bruce Irvin? If it was Jenkins, that's even more embarrassing.

Jenkins had a pro day that everyone raved about. The Rams were taking him #33 if SF didn't grab him in the first, and supposedly teams would have jumped STL if SF hadn't drafted him

If Harbaugh says he is flat not going to play the guy, and Harbaugh is the Golden Child, you're going to dump the last man on the bench. Better to kill an unwanted nuisance than let it hang around on life support ruining family functions.

Ideally. I think this is one of those situations where ego comes into play.

Fox318

When I was 12 I was such a huge baseball fan that I wanted to do what babe ruth did with his first paycheck and buy a bike. I got this:

7n2oUl.jpg

Talon

Those dark visors on the helmets look awesome but I wonder how much they cut down on visibility. Seems like something a lot of coaches would want banned considering how little you can already see wearing a helmut.
You can't wear dark or colored visors unless you get a medical waiver for them. Ronnie Brown tried to wear a reflective visor for a few games.

I believe that was three seasons ago they instituted that. Safety precaution - so they can see your eyes if you're conc'd out without sawing your helmet off.

bionic77

You can't wear dark or colored visors unless you get a medical waiver for them. Ronnie Brown tried to wear a reflective visor for a few games.

I believe that was three seasons ago they instituted that. Safety precaution - so they can see your eyes if you're conc'd out without sawing your helmet off.
I remember that but I just assume anyone who wants one can tell a doctor that bright lights hurts their eyes and just get one prescribed without any real testing done.

squicken

Eagles fans, what's the story on Bryce Brown? He looks so good running the ball, but I guess he still can't pass block. Caplan and Cosell said that Chris Polk is actually ahead of him on the depth chart. Seems like they have to figure a way to get Brown on the field

Eagles fans, what's the story on Bryce Brown? He looks so good running the ball, but I guess he still can't pass block. Caplan and Cosell said that Chris Polk is actually ahead of him on the depth chart. Seems like they have to figure a way to get Brown on the field

The coaches were really pissed at him for dropping a bunch of passes in practice and not giving full effort so they moved him down the depth chart, but have no doubt once the season starts he will be the #2 and split carries with Shady.

effzee

Polk is ahead of him because Brown can't stop dropping passes and fumbling.

Chip is huge on ball security and apparently Brown will be demoted to 3rd on the depth chart if he can't show he can stop turning it over.

Not a big issue IMO because Brown is pretty talented and they will have to find a way to get all three backs (and even Felix Jones) some carries since this figures to be a run dominant team. Maybe for now its just a message to Brown to get his act together.

Polk will be more of a power back between the tackles. Brown and McCoy are the home run hitters.

Dragon

Banned
I hate waiting weekly for shows. Going to watch BB in mass on Netflix when it is done since there already coming out on it.

You're going to be waiting until the the second half of Season 5's DVDs come out. I'll just pay the 15 bucks on Amazon to watch it the next day :). Fuck cable.

Pats and Bucs going to practice together. Not sure if their is a Taco Bell close to Gillete so Freeman is going to be cranky this week.

There's one in the town I grew up in. 20 miles is nothing for a Taco Bell quesadilla. Google Maps is far behind, but I'm sure Josh would wait until it's built anyway!

LevelNth

Banned
Jenkins had a pro day that everyone raved about. The Rams were taking him #33 if SF didn't grab him in the first, and supposedly teams would have jumped STL if SF hadn't drafted him
He wasn't a bad draft based on talent, he still has great hands and awesome breakaway speed. His problem, I think, is his drive, or lack thereof. IMO there is zero chance he gets cut this year (beat writers are so hype driven this time of year it's insane) with Crabs out, because he can be easily used in a situational basis still, and has all the tools.

But something just isn't there head-wise and it's freakin' sucks, cause the likelihood of him living up to 1st round status is next to nil right now. A half decent slot guy is the best case I think.

Milchjon

When I was 12 I was such a huge baseball fan that I wanted to do what babe ruth did with his first paycheck and buy a bike. I got this:

7n2oUl.jpg

I'm confused. How did someone with such a well-adjusted taste grow up to be a Jets fan?

Also, I actually didn't fail that programming test I whined about a week ago. I think they couldn't decipher my scribble and read into it whatever the correct answers were.

Dragon

Banned
I'm confused. How did someone with such a well-adjusted taste grow up to be a Jets fan?

Also, I actually didn't fail that programming test I whined about a week ago. I think they couldn't decipher my scribble and read into it whatever the correct answers were.

What kind of programming test?

Milchjon

Oh cool. How do you like OO? Do people still learn OO through Java?

Well, I don't know enough about programming to compare it to anything. The course was interesting, if a bit much stuff (it included algorithms and data structures).

We primarily used C++, with some Java thrown in mostly for comparison.

Dragon

Banned
Well, I don't know enough about programming to compare it to anything. The course was interesting, if a bit much stuff (it included algorithms and data structures).

We primarily used C++, with some Java thrown in mostly for comparison.

Cool man. Always nice to see a fellow programmer, even if you're just starting out! If you ever get really interested in programming, stackoverflow is the shit for finding answers to questions, especially in languages like C++, Java which have a ton of use. I'm more on the web side, but I also follow Hacker News (news.ycombinator.com) which is a cool link to check out just for keeping up on tech/programming/startup news.

Greg

that's awesome

I want a bike now. I miss riding bikes.

good work

Top Bottom