• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

I honestly remember almost nothing about that movie other than it being bad. And I had no standards then I would watch almost anything!

Howard_The_Duck_Lea_Thompson.jpg

squicken

Matt Bowen is writing for Bleacher Report so I will be linking some articles. I'll give the warning since I know how you guys get

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1735013-breaking-down-five-keys-plays-from-nfl-preseason-week-1

He's got a breakdown of the Cruz TD. Photos and diagrams at the link

Whenever you play 2-Man (two-deep, man-underneath), the middle of the field can be exposed if you occupy the deep half safety and target the inside seam. Force the safety to widen off his landmark (top of the numbers), or lean outside to the No.1 receiver, and create space inside to split the top of the defense. With the Steelers playing 2-Man on third down, the Giants ran two verticals to the open (weak) side of the formation that allowed quarterback Eli Manning to target Cruz versus cornerback William Gay for a big play.

In 2-Man, the underneath defenders are taught to align with inside leverage and play to the bottom hip. The goal is to take away inside breaking routes with your initial leverage and “cut” under any outside breaking concept. Plus, you can be aggressive with the deep half safety help over the top. However, the straight seam route can leave the defender in a “trail position” with his back to the throw. That’s what we see here with Gay trailing Cruz and strong safety Troy Polamalu late to overlap the throw because of the threat from No.1 on the outside vertical. Free safety Ryan Clark will break on the throw, but this isn’t his play to make.

When the quarterback has time—and an outside vertical occupies the safety—you can beat up 2-Man with the seam route. And when you matchup versus the Giants, you can bet on Cruz making the majority of his plays from the slot in the short-to-intermediate passing game and on the deep inside seam.

gutshot

I can't believe they are actually making that movie. It is going to bomb so hard. Or it won't and I will lose all faith in humanity.

This comic book movie bullshit needs to stop. Give us original stories, please!

bionic77

Guys my memories of boobies from childhood have obviously deteriorated over time, but please no one tell me that I never actually saw Angela's tits on Who's the Boss in that episode where Tony catches her coming out of the shower.

Maybe I tried cocaine that day by accident, but before eznark shamed me I would have bet anything that I actually saw her tits and nipples (on network tv no less).

Even if it never happened humor me and pretend that it did. A man can only take so much...

I can't believe they are actually making that movie. It is going to bomb so hard. Or it won't and I will lose all faith in humanity.

You are so wrong. Comic book movies have been great for the most part and anyway they are still making tons of non comic book movies every year.

Dragon

Banned

Original stories? One of the best looking movies due out this year is a remake (The Secret Life of Walter Mitty).

gutshot

You are so wrong. Comic book movies have been great for the most part and anyway they are still making tons of non comic book movies every year.

Comic book movies peaked with The Dark Knight. It's been downhill ever since. The rise of Marvel has been like the worst thing ever for summer blockbusters.

Original stories? One of the best looking movies due out this year is a remake (The Secret Life of Walter Mitty).

I was mostly talking about summer blockbusters. I'm ok with remakes in general. I'm just tired of the endless stream of comic book movies.

Milchjon

No Smalltalk? Pure OO.

Nope.

Guys my memories of boobies from childhood have obviously deteriorated over time, but please no one tell me that I never actually saw Angela's tits on Who's the Boss in that episode where Tony catches her coming out of the shower.

Maybe I tried cocaine that day by accident, but before eznark shamed me I would have bet anything that I actually saw her tits and nipples (on network tv no less).

Even if it never happened humor me and pretend that it did. A man can only take so much...

Hate to bring you bad news, Duck Tits Guy.

Its funny because people have said every single Marvel Movie since Iron Man would bomb.

Also why would you lose faith in humanity? Because people might enjoy something you immediately decided is bad?

I would also argue that a lot of these comics being made into movies for the first time are infinitely more original than the majority of hollywood action flicks.

Who knows, maybe the movie will suck. I just dont get it when people come to set conclusions so quickly.

cdyhybrid

Its funny because people have said every single Marvel Movie since Iron Man would bomb.

Also why would you lose faith in humanity? Because people might enjoy something you immediately decided is bad?

I would also argue that a lot of these comics being made into movies for the first time are infinitely more original than the majority of hollywood action flicks.

Who knows, maybe the movie will suck. I just dont get it when people come to set conclusions so quickly.

People shouldn't like things I don't like.

Fantomex

People shouldn't like things I don't like.

Troof. But then we would eventually all be Pats fans according to Dutch. Could you live in a world like that bro?

And regarding The Dark Knight being the peak of Comic Book films, Batman is an emo dude with a lot of money and too much time on his hands. In our reality we have a guy like that, his name is Justin Beiber. 70 years later Batman is still crying about his parents being gone and him having emotional scars, hey dude, we call that every black youth living in the projects. Since he gets shot at often by thugs he should put out a rap album like everyone else and get that anger out while still making bank.

/endrant

gutshot

I've come to that conclusion because nearly all of Marvel's comic book movies have been bad. And this one has a talking raccoon and some terrible dialogue (going by the original comic).

Losing faith in humanity was a bit of hyperbole from me. But it's annoying how much people lose their minds over these mediocre-at-best movies.

MechDX

Comic book movies peaked with The Dark Knight. It's been downhill ever since. The rise of Marvel has been like the worst thing ever for summer blockbusters.

I was mostly talking about summer blockbusters. I'm ok with remakes in general. I'm just tired of the endless stream of comic book movies.

Explains a lot.

Godslay

Banned

Nice post.

Milchjon

That's probably the edited version. Americans just can't tits the way you stinky euros are able to.

If they knew that it lead to young guys being so desperate for some boobs that they ended up with duck tits, that would probably go a long way towards a cultural change.

MechDX

SuperPro%201.jpg

superpro-2.jpg

Head-Hunters.jpg

Do it. Do it! Aaron Rodgers could be the leading man! New Orleans can be the villainous Head Hunters! Brady can be his love interest.

eznark

Banned
If they knew that it lead to young guys being so desperate for some boobs that they ended up with duck tits, that would probably go a long way towards a cultural change.

Isn't Germany the cannibal capital of the world? You don't get to rip on bionic's bizarre and creepy fetish with a track record like that.

I've come to that conclusion because nearly all of Marvel's comic book movies have been bad. And this one has a talking raccoon and some terrible dialogue (going by the original comic).

Losing faith in humanity was a bit of hyperbole from me. But it's annoying how much people lose their minds over these mediocre-at-best movies.

Thats like, just your opinion man.

But no, I get that some people dislike things. Thats fine. Its just not your thing.

Fox318

SuperPro%201.jpg

superpro-2.jpg

Head-Hunters.jpg

Do it. Do it! Aaron Rodgers could be the leading man! New Orleans can be the villainous Head Hunters! Brady can be his love interest.

"Quick Super Pro, the players union plans to blow up a hospital filled with kids with cancer!

Hey, where are you going Super Pro?"

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Jim Irsay ✔ @JimIrsay

Many starters played briefly or were nursing little injuries,but it was a crap performance,my apologies/My commanders got n earful from me!
lols its preseason bro.

There are some funny stories about Superpro.

The guy who wrote him did it exclusively to get NFL tickets in addition to his regular pay. It lasted 12 issues and is widely considered to be one of the most poorly written superhero comics ever.

Milchjon

There are some funny stories about Superpro.

The guy who wrote him did it exclusively to get NFL tickets in addition to his regular pay. It lasted 12 issues and is widely considered to be one of the most poorly written superhero comics ever.

It looks amazing. Would love to read it.

Hunter S.

I actually agree after being a marvel fan growing up loving especially x-men. The marvel movies started like shit, but just kept getting more popular. It actually annoys me that outside of spider man and Batman movies every summer has to be filled with these boring super hero movies. I would rather watch the Jaguers or, midgets pole dancing.

Top Bottom