• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

He wasn't a bad draft based on talent, he still has great hands and awesome breakaway speed. His problem, I think, is his drive, or lack thereof. IMO there is zero chance he gets cut this year (beat writers are so hype driven this time of year it's insane) with Crabs out, because he can be easily used in a situational basis still, and has all the tools.

But something just isn't there head-wise and it's freakin' sucks, cause the likelihood of him living up to 1st round status is next to nil right now. A half decent slot guy is the best case I think.

From what I've read, it's that he has problems getting off the line due to his lack of strength...that and his work ethic is supposedly suspect. I still think it's too early to label him a bust and cut him loose. But from reading various camp impressions, it doesn't look good.

Dragon

Banned
Yeah pieces of the first trailer leak. Marvel fanboys in an orgasmic tizzy.

I guess since I'm not a comic guy I wouldn't go gaga over a raccoon with a machine gun or whatever that was. I can't help but think it's going to look amazingly ridiculous.

TheFatOne

Eagles defensive back Cary Williams said he purposefully instigated a fight with Patriots wide recevier Aaron Dobson during the joint practices last Tuesday because he was upset about the way New England was going about its business, adding things would have been handled differently if he was still in Baltimore playing with the Ravens.

“No question,” said the Eagles cornerback, who arrived in Philly this offseason from Baltimore. “[The Patriots] came in there talking. They had a lot of jokes, and [hee-hees] and laughs, a lot of dirty plays that were going on. So there was a reason behind what I did, there was a reason behind the madness. At the end of the day, I still got to do things the way coach wants me to do it, and I understand that. But it definitely would have been a different situation if it was in Baltimore. It wouldn’t have been a fun practice for the Patriots, I can tell you that.”

Williams and Dobson were kicked out of practice for fighting. Williams comments come in the wake of statements from fellow Eagles’ defensive back Brandon Boykin, who told Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia he felt the Patriots tried to “bully” the Eagles during their week of joint practices.

“I can speak for the whole team. I felt like [on Tuesday], honestly they came out with this attitude to try to bully us,” Boykin said. “And even though it’s practice, it’s always still a game tempo. I think as a team — and obviously I can speak for myself — I wanted to try to set the tone on myself as an aggressive person and just make plays.”

Saw this over at a Pats forum. Another Eagles CB crying about the Pats. That Eagles defense is mentally soft.

Greg

Every year I have to retrain myself to avoid team specific boards.
reading random comments from the posts the Packers account makes on Facebook is enough to remind me throughout the off-season

Since I can't come to Ohio. You should come to the Neverlands. If Dutchies love 1 thing, it's riding bikes. We ride bikes before we can walk.
I have a lot of diners, but none in Europe. I'll wait until I find a foreign woman to make the purchase for me, and then I'll visit and we can ride bikes to the diner.

MechDX

I guess since I'm not a comic guy I wouldn't go gaga over a raccoon with a machine gun or whatever that was. I can't help but think it's going to look amazingly ridiculous.

It sells itself!

iDQGnjnLdicA2.gif

JABEE

The coaches were really pissed at him for dropping a bunch of passes in practice and not giving full effort so they moved him down the depth chart, but have no doubt once the season starts he will be the #2 and split carries with Shady.

I went to the practice yesterday. He was on the sideline due to injury.

I agree with you. I also think Polk looked really good at practice yesterday. I think Shady is going to have a great year though. The way he moves on the field is impressive. He was going against the Eagles defense though.

TheFatOne

That is definitely one possibility, but maybe the Pats are acting like dicks since several people have now said it.

It's more likely the Eagles are just a soft ass defense. No shit the Pats are going to play hard and act tough when playing other teams. That is what you are supposed to do. BTW found a link on youtube for the Pats vs Eagles preseason game. What's the policy on gaf on posting links like that?

It's more likely the Eagles are just a soft ass defense. No shit the Pats are going to play hard and act tough when playing other teams. That is what you are supposed to do. BTW found a link on youtube for the Pats vs Eagles preseason game. What's the policy on gaf on posting links like that?

Well the Eagles definitely didnt do anything to get rid of the soft label in the first game.

JABEE

Saw this over at a Pats forum. Another Eagles CB crying about the Pats. That Eagles defense is mentally soft.

This is Chip Kelly's response to Cary Williams's criticisms of the Eagles' toughness.

Courtesy of BleedingGreenNation blog.

"We can get in a street fight, but that's not going to help us," Kelly said. "There is a certain way you're supposed to play this game and it's between the whistles. The stuff after the whistles is not what you're looking for. Our players knew that and Bill [Belichick] was the same way, one of the reasons we wanted to participate against the Patriots is we knew this wasn't going to turn into a WWE brawl. Because that's not what it is. It's a game of football."

Cary Williams has either been too busy for mini-camp and hasn't even played yet and he is already complaining to the media. He's still pissed off he was benched in practice after getting into a fight with Dobson. He needs to actually play for the Eagles before he starts airing his grievances to the media.

MechDX

But it wasn't a game it was practice, "Patriot Way" I guess. They are probably not too concerned about since Hernandez's crew has their backs.

Unless playing the Texans

0-7
sorry had to
Even though I hear this all the time it still blows my mind. Seven games and they couldn't find a way to win a single one. It's crazy!

Sidenote, you ready for the big preseason matchup on Saturday night? Schoob better watch his ears, Wake will be out for blood!

LJ11

He wasn't a bad draft based on talent, he still has great hands and awesome breakaway speed. His problem, I think, is his drive, or lack thereof. IMO there is zero chance he gets cut this year (beat writers are so hype driven this time of year it's insane) with Crabs out, because he can be easily used in a situational basis still, and has all the tools.

But something just isn't there head-wise and it's freakin' sucks, cause the likelihood of him living up to 1st round status is next to nil right now. A half decent slot guy is the best case I think.

We should add the "it's mental with him," to Deacon's list.

MechDX

Even though I hear this all the time it still blows my mind. Seven games and they couldn't find a way to win a single one. It's crazy!

Sidenote, you ready for the big preseason matchup on Saturday night? Schoob better watch his ears, Wake will be out for blood!

Thanks! Wish him the best.

Top Bottom