• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Pimpwerx

I scan this page and see a raccoon with guns and people hating on Howard the Duck. I don't want to live in this world anymore. PEACE.

Fantomex

Future you suck.

Gator Dutch and Bionic at the recent get together.

53garbagedolls.jpg

Furyous

Is there any chance Cam loses games this year and the Panthers let him go? After all, his fake smile, million dollar sweater, mistaken belief he can become a global icon, showboating is a lot for a team to (I'M JOKING) handle.
Jay Cutler is Cam on HGH cursing out teammates, putting his finger in their chests and sulking. Pre MVPEli(te) Manning had awful body language but armchair psychologists weren't pointing it out.

If y'all let him go then I know of one team that wants him. We'll trade Carson Palmer for Cam straight up and maybe toss in a third round draft pick that turns into a second.

cdyhybrid

Is there any chance Cam loses games this year and the Panthers let him go? After all, his fake smile, million dollar sweater, mistaken belief he can become a global icon, showboating is a lot for a team to (I'M JOKING) handle.
Jay Cutler is Cam on HGH cursing out teammates, putting his finger in their chests and sulking. Pre MVPEli(te) Manning had awful body language but armchair psychologists weren't pointing it out.

If y'all let him go then I know of one team that wants him. We'll trade Carson Palmer for Cam straight up and maybe toss in a third round draft pick that turns into a second.

I agree 100%. Cam Newton needs to play for the Cardinals.

squicken

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/p...e-newton-dials-up-mature-charm-down-aloofness

Rivera said the slow start last season was the fault of the staff.

"We put too much on the quarterback," Rivera said. "I did a self-scout after our five games, and pulled five games from the previous year and found out we put the ball in the quarterback's hands 33 percent more of the time. So we put more on him. We put more focus and attention on him and got away from the core of what we did the year before. We changed some of the ideas and attitude after that and got back on track."

The Panthers, quite frankly, got too cute.
They ran way too much read-option and got away from their running game with play-action passing. Yet Newton ran better when they did get away from it. Why? He scrambled out of pressure, running when he had to, not when it was called.

"We took advantage of what his real strengths are, which is his movement off of the play-action passing," Rivera said. "He has the ability to keep plays alive and throw it down the field and run out of trouble. His most successful runs are off play action when he pulls it and runs. That's when he's most dangerous, when they aren't expecting him to run. We have to limit the hits he takes as well."

jakncoke

Banned
Today at work i was thinking about Polamalu fails in the secondary over the years and what not. Why not just move him into a LB or hybrid lb/s and have 2 other safetys back there?

Fantomex

Today at work i was thinking about Polamalu fails in the secondary over the years and what not. Why not just move him into a LB or hybrid lb/s and have 2 other safetys back there?

I think his body frame couldn't take the punishment of constantly trying to stop the run as a LB.

ChanHuk

Banned

Do you really want a 5'10 210lb LB? He doesn't have the necessary bulk to take on pulling guards all day at OLB. He's fragile as is, he'll probably die as a full time OLB. He could transition to FS, his ball skills are still excellent but he's always been an in the box wolverine kind of safety.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Pats and Packer fans are by far the most numerous in here and we can't get a What to Watch For from either fanbase? #YouPeople

Mike McCarthy called Harris the starter.

Watch out Norris, you're on notice. The Packers have a run game.

Until the Niners form a wall around their pussy ass O-line, anyway.

Milchjon

Pats and Packer fans are by far the most numerous in here and we can't get a What to Watch For from either fanbase? #YouPeople

Bystander effect.

What to watch for:

Brady's balls. Look at hiow smooth they are. He's really hittin the spot lately.
Like >80% completion percentage.

Striker

Antrel Rolle carted off with a right ankle injury at practice. The injury bug couldn't stay away long.
Luckily we have the deep and talented Safety depth. ;)

Seems ESPN speculating an ankle sprain, although it could be a high ankle sprain which may linger all year.

The Carr-Painter QB battle, looool. Season is dead if either was forced to play, just keep Nassib FFS.

Luckily we have the deep and talented Safety depth. ;)

Seems ESPN speculating an ankle sprain, although it could be a high ankle sprain which may linger all year.

The Carr-Painter QB battle, looool. Season is dead if either was forced to play, just keep Nassib FFS.
Your savior Will Hill is at camp, bro! No worries! It'll only be 4 games until the weed is out of his system so that he can rise from the pile of 4th stringers he's sitting alongside and he can shore things up from these talentless heathens.:D

MRI is tomorrow. Hope it's nothing serious.

As for the QB thing, I fucking hate losing a roster spot to keep a third QB.:( I agree with you. Eli goes down and you might as well wrap shit up for the season.

Also:

Patricia Traina @Patricia_Traina 4m

Ahmad Bradshaw has been activated off PUP by the Colts.

Just in time for Giants/Colts this weekend.

Greg

WHAT TO WATCH FOR - Green Bay Packers

Offense:
1. Jermichael "HoFinley" Finley is going to cement his place in the hall this year. His QB chemistry has been building all off-season. #YOTTO #blockingTE
2. The Packers have 27 RBs, yet Kuhn will still be used on 3rd down. They'll only have 2 100-yard rushers for the entire season as Big Mike cycles through his backs trying to find the "hot hand."
3. Rodgers will hold onto the ball and get sacked all season like the bitch he is while trying to deflect blame. The media will still love him as he puts his phony belt on the shelf next to the trophy he didn't win.

Defense:

I didn't forget to put something there - I'm just counting the number of TDs the defense will allow each game.

ChanHuk

Banned
Been so busy these last few days, I haven't had a chance to come in and say hello.

I missed you guys.

Maybe if you stopped taking 20 tea and crumpet breaks throughout the day you can be insular with the rest of NFLGAF.

Question, whats the equivalent of a Messican in Britain/Europe, Albanians?

Top Bottom