• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

brentech

Pats and Packer fans are by far the most numerous in here and we can't get a What to Watch For from either fanbase? #YouPeople

We've been caught in the whirlwind that is Dota and The International 3 for the past week.
Maybe later. I also just don't pay attention to every page to know if anyone had done one.

Talon

PackGAF and SteelersGAF are the most numerous. Then I think Giants and PatsGAF are about equal in number, although one of those two is more devoted (not saying which!).

Bread

Banned
Pats and Packer fans are by far the most numerous in here and we can't get a What to Watch For from either fanbase? #YouPeople

New England Patriots: What to watch for during the 2013-14 season

Offense
Tom Brady: Tom Brady is 36 and still as sexy as ever. His hair may be shorter and greyer, but he's still a role model to every man in the world.

Running backs: They take the ball away from Tom Brady and they must be stopped at all costs.

Wide receivers/Tight Ends: Brady gets tired of his toys very easily and sometimes needs a clean slate, he had Aaron Hernandez taken care of by his friends at the Boston police department, and his STD injections in Gronk's happy meals have succeeded in taking him out of the game.
Should be interesting to see how Brady treats his new bitches.

Offensive line: Tom Brady needs to be kept upright so his shoes stay clean and his hair stays in tact.

Defense: They have been instructed to allow the opponent to complete as many deep throws as possible in order to get Brady on the field more.

X-factor for the year: Tom Brady

MechDX

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 49m
Maehl played for Kelly at Oregon. Thought that might happen. RT @McClain_on_NFL: Texans trade we Jeff maehl to eagles for ol Nate Menkin

Superbowl?

Oddly enough Eagle took him from us off waivers last season when we tried to put him on the practice squad.

Milchjon

PackGAF and SteelersGAF are the most numerous. Then I think Giants and PatsGAF are about equal in number, although one of those two is more devoted (not saying which!).

Spreading the seeds of hate, hoping to turn us against each other while you watch from the sidelines. You're an evil man, Talon!

MechDX

So we should write up a nice long, thought out analysis just so the first reply can be 'Pats suck'?

That's how we play here. Insular and all that.

Oh and Pats suck

EDIT: thought about it an we really don't get many new members in here. Maybe we should change? It can get pretty intimidating in here.

Kinect sensor not required to be plugged in for the Xbox One to work

Just pull the thing out of the box and drop price to $399 already, Microsoft. Might as well at this point.

Futurevoid said:

Just pull the thing out of the box and drop price to $399 already, Microsoft. Might as well at this point.

Year of the 180

AP-WASHINGTON-REDSKINS-RGIII-HAIR-Copy-1024x1001.jpg

Captain Cornball's cornrow game is on point.

Greg

EDIT: thought about it an we really don't get many new members in here. Maybe we should change? It can get pretty intimidating in here.
E3 ruined the juniors

I miss that panties guy - I hope he came back under a different name because he seemed like good people

Giants fans are great here. As much as it pains me to admit because of the average Giants fans I encounter in the wild, they are probably the best of the bunch. Besides us of course.

Bread

Banned
That's how we play here. Insular and all that.

Oh and Pats suck

yea that's what makes this place special, only the strong willed and non-midgetgatas can live in here comfortably.

but most importantly, we all know the texans have no chance of winning anything ever, and jj watt will run home to his disgusting sconi brethren for a chance to play on a good team

cashman

Banned
There is a surprisingly low number of Cowboys regulars on here. Like one or two more post during the season and then a few more during the games.

Wow they're backtracking big time on everything. I'd change my preorder if it wasn't for PS+ and some of the first party titles.

Fantomex

There is a surprisingly low number of Cowboys regulars on here. Like one or two more post during the season and then a few more during the games.

For the most part with any team, it seems for the first 5 weeks people who are very mouthy show up. Especially when their teams are 3-2 or 4-1. After that, reality sets in and so do the losing records. The lifelongs then tend to fade into obscurity.

MechDX

yea that's what makes this place special, only the strong willed and non-midgetgatas can live in here comfortably.

but most importantly, we all know the texans have no chance of winning anything ever, and jj watt will run home to his disgusting sconi brethren for a chance to play on a good team

As long as he doesn't play for the godless heathens in Foxborough.
he seriously is not going anywhere

Maybe they finally realized it isn't 1995 anymore and Jimmy Johnson is never coming back.

For the most part with any team, it seems for the first 5 weeks people who are very mouthy show up. Especially when their teams are 3-2 or 4-1. After that, reality sets in and so do the losing records. The lifelongs then tend to fade into obscurity.

This thread will be dead when 6-10 hits in on Pats GAF

jakncoke

Banned

Wow they're backtracking big time on everything. I'd change my preorder if it wasn't for PS+ and some of the first party titles.

No its not, Cowboys were running around like madmen when you were winning and disappeared when you became losers

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

I've done a couple of these things already, but I guess I'll do a revised one after a bit of panic and seeing what the teams plan is going forward

offense

Youth/Speed, versatile. Whenever Gronk gets back the team should be pretty much complete. Amendola should fill Welkers role nice. I'm not trying to diminish Welker's talent, but he has slowed a bit over the years, his hands were the furthest thing from a sure thing, and his numbers were inflated by the system. I expect Danny to really shine here if he can somehow stay healthy. I'm just hoping the last 2 seasons were the anomaly, but we'll see. Dobson looks like someone who could contribute just based on his size. It's a trial by fire situation, which is why I believe they could really benefit from bringing a veteran presence in to help the growing pains.

Hernandez was an amazing talent when he was healthy, but relflecting on it, he just never could quite stay that way. His first season he had the issue with the hip and disappeared for the final stretch of the season including his noshow in the jets game. Then the next year he had the MCL sprain, which took pretty much the whole season to recover from, which he caught fire until the superbowl... but that was shortlived as right at the start of the next season he had the high ankle sprain.

Another major factor is the O-line. Vollmer is no longer a question mark like last year, Mankins is healthy, Solder should take a step forward, and Canon has shined so far. They have a lot of depth and continuity along this line, whereas last year there were serious questions about Vollmers back and whether or not his career was going to be cut short, and when would mankins return, and Canons failed attempt at tackle.

So TL;DR- New talent youth coming in, young guys stepping up mainly ridley/vereen

Defense

The defense improved down the stretch, which isn't saying much given there was nowhere to go, but up. Getting some actual corners in Talib and Dennard helped, but mainly by getting McCourty out of there who was a disaster, and was luckily able to excel at Safety, which was another trouble spot for the pats. Their offseason was mediocre, but hopefully Hightower/jones can take those next steps, and maybe somebody can step up in the middle to try to cover some tight ends whether it's Adrian wilson, or Jamie Collins. I expect the run defense to be good as however, but this year with Jones improvement the pass rush should be at least somewhat improved.

So I've revised my thoughts a bit, I think the pats still make the playoffs, but right now I got them at 11-5. If things come together with Gronk being healthy at the end of the season, and the crucial pieces can stay relatively healthy, they could take a run at it, but for right now, not sure how anyone can compete with the broncos.

ps- I think Tom could prove a lot of haters wrong this year.

Narag

Do the Jaguars have fans? I'm doing a research paper and I need this answered.

1. Tamanon
  2. Alligatorjandro
  3. MechDX when they play the Titans or Colts.

Here or in general? Tamanon is the most regular, but there are others, including a Euro mod.

I always forget about iapetus. Usually only ever saw him to defend jacksonville's ticket sales or to ban handegg trolls.

Top Bottom