• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Milchjon

Damn, I thought we were bros. I'll stay at somebody else then. Yankee? Chan? Fantomex? I'm great with kids, so I could be like a male nanny. I know Bionic would totally let me crash at his place, so I don't even need to ask him.

Don't worry. In a year, Chan will be a happily married father and you can take care of his kid, house and wife while he's away working 4 jobs.

ChanHuk

Banned
Don't worry. In a year, Chan will be a happily married father and you can take care of his kid, house and wife while he's away working 4 jobs.

You German Pats fans are the worst beings on this entire planet. Gata would be a better guest than you degenerates.

Striker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl9GNIQvwTk

LZ breaks down the outside zone TD run of Chris Johnson vs WAS, and his buddy breaks down the Cam Netwton INT TD vs Chicago

For those that missed it, Matt Bowen had some good film study stuff up today at B/R

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1735013-breaking-down-five-keys-plays-from-nfl-preseason-week-1
Bowen normally writes good stuff. Nice write-up.

The Cruz seam reminded me of the Redskins-Giants game last year that had Cruz open down the field late in the 4th.

wilsog2

Neo Member
Afternoon Gents,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with some fantasy advice.

I'm in a keeper league where we're allowed to keep a 3 players per season at the cost of a round each year. ie you draft in the 4rd this year you can keep them in the 3rd next and the 2nd the year after etc.

Players I'm thinking about Keeping and the round I need to take them in

AP - 1st
Dez - 2nd
Demarco Murray - 11th
Stevie Johnson - 12th
Colin Kaepernick - 12th
Torrey Smith - 12th

If I keep more than one of the 12th round guys they would be take in subsequent rounds.

I'm definitely keeping Kaepernick, and the obvious thing seems to be to also keep AP but that's only going to help me for one year whereas Murray still has a chance to be a legit back in the league and could be around for a while. Same to a certain extent with Dez, Stevie and Torrey Smith.

So I guess what I'm asking is what do you think I should do, think long term or go all in on the short term.

Apologies for the length and thanks in advance for any opinions

bionic77

SI has an article on their front page shitting on Stafford and his statistics.

I have always been against people who just blindly follow statistics but this is going to sting KAS as it is all he has left.

Harrison's comments on Hard Knocks:

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2013/08/12/harrison-not-a-fan-of-hard-knocks/

Harrison’s aversion to the crews was part of last week’s episode. When asked about the series a couple weeks ago, the Bengals linebacker said it was a “pain in the (butt)”.

On Monday, Harrison further explained his disdain.

“I don’t feel they deserve to be here. They did nothing to be here, other than want to be here,” he said. “They didn’t put no blood, sweat and tears into none of this. All these men in here, they did that. They (the cameras) did nothing. No one deserves to see this, to come inside of this unless you’re a part of this. That’s why.”

There was one scene during last Tuesday’s show where Harrison jumped in a car of an unsuspecting motorist to avoid cameras. Harrison said that the motorist ended up driving him to a gate on the opposite side of Paul Brown Stadium.

Harrison said he didn’t know if the driver who knew he was.

“It’s kind of like this: Everybody knows I’m getting into the car with him. There’s a bunch of cameras watching me get in the car. It wouldn’t be too smart. They’ve got his license plate and everything else,” Harrison said. “And plus, I think I can kind of handle myself. He’s driving and I’m behind him, so I think I’d be all right.”

Milchjon

I just realised that I always imagine Philadelphia to be a lot like Baltimore in The Wire. I blame the Eagles for that bad impression.

Dragon

Banned
I just realised that I always imagine Philadelphia to be a lot like Baltimore in The Wire. I blame the Eagles for that bad impression.

I didn't like Philly that much, but it's certainly better than Baltimore. I would rather live in rural Georgia than Baltimore!

Milchjon

I didn't like Philly that much, but it's certainly better than Baltimore. I would rather live in rural Georgia than Baltimore!

Philly looks nice in places, has a rich history and Cheesesteak. So I have no idea where that negative image in my head comes from, apart from the Eagles ;-)

bionic77

Philly is not a bad city. Nothing like Baltimore. Hell even Baltimore has nice parts. The downtown of Philly is much nicer than that of Baltimore though. I was never a fan of the Inner Harbor, which is were all the tourists go when they go to Baltimore. Seeing it once is more than enough and you are not missing anything if you never go there.

Philly bums are pretty crazy though. I can see them scaring the pants off of a Euro traveler who is just passing through looking for a cheesesteak.

so, I turn 25 today

:jnc

4XWke.gif

Happy Birthday!

Fantomex

Afternoon Gents,

I'm in a keeper league where we're allowed to keep a 3 players per season at the cost of a round each year. ie you draft in the 4rd this year you can keep them in the 3rd next and the 2nd the year after etc.

AP - 1st
Dez - 2nd
Demarco Murray - 11th
Stevie Johnson - 12th
Colin Kaepernick - 12th
Torrey Smith - 12th

If I keep more than one of the 12th round guys they would be take in subsequent rounds.

I'm definitely keeping Kaepernick, and the obvious thing seems to be to also keep AP but that's only going to help me for one year whereas Murray still has a chance to be a legit back in the league and could be around for a while. Same to a certain extent with Dez, Stevie and Torrey Smith.

So I guess what I'm asking is what do you think I should do, think long term or go all in on the short term.

I would go long term. I would only invest in AP, KAP and Dez. Murray is sometimes injury peone, Stevie Johnson needs consistency. Torrey Smith has Flacco as his Qb, DONT DO IT!

squicken

Afternoon Gents,

AP - 1st
Dez - 2nd
Demarco Murray - 11th
Stevie Johnson - 12th
Colin Kaepernick - 12th
Torrey Smith - 12th

Don't take Kap. Keep Dez, AP, and Torrey Smith. Read up on Value Based Drafting to see how easy it is to find a productive QB nowadays. Do not take DeMarco Murray over AP. Murray has never been healthy for 10 straight games since high school

bionic77

2013_%2525208_10_11_21.png

I don't give a fuck about system wars but this GIF is a masterpiece and the creator should be given awards, whores and drugs (in that order).

JABEE

2013_%2525208_10_11_21.png

I don't give a fuck about system wars but this GIF is a masterpiece and the creator should be given awards, whores and drugs (in that order).

The best part of this gif is it makes him look like he's on speed. It's just an overall hilarious gif.

I'm pretty happy that Microsoft isn't requiring you to plug in that camera anymore. I didn't really want to have a bunch of cameras sitting stacked up on the entertainment system. No cameras is fine with me.

I'm going with the PS4 at launch and the Xbox One next year. Hopefully they drop the price by then. It's just good that all of that DRM and online check-ins were taken out. I want all the systems, but it would bum me out to support those kinds of practices being adopted universally across all game systems.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Friends let's stop fighting, we are getting closer to the season.

Save that precious salt for when the games actually matter.

JABEE

Friends let's stop fighting, we are getting closer to the season.

Save that precious salt for when the games actually matter.

Kave,

Are you in a better mood now? You were going off for a two month after the Maple Leaf incident. Now that the Browns are back and Weeden is looking like Matthew Stafford out there, will you be in your usual jolly mood? Not Chan "jolly," but "Kave jolly."

Top Bottom