• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

bionic77

We only keep one credit card, because we don't use money we don't have (other than our mortgage, but the CC we use for world points and immediately pay off), but it's happened to that card as well, lol.

CC fraud is just rampant these days.
Why not follow the sconi way and just use cash for all your purchases and covert all savings into gold and silver?

As an aside, that sucks! Me and my wife limit ourselves to just 2 credit cards (one AmEx and one Visa for the shit establishments that don't take AmEx). Where is your wife traveling that she keeps getting scammed? Only happened to us once in Miami.

Hey FMT, did you ever beat Medusa?

Yes I did!

While beating my ass again I noticed my other samurai exposed her weakness to force magic so I mixed some demons to get one with force and was able to negate her bullshit by using my own bullshit!

I still didn't figure out how to prevent paralysis from her gang bite. No equipment I had or could buy would do it :(

I'm loving the game more than p4. P4G is great but I can't fucking stand jpop

There is zero reason to pick up a Xbone over a PS4, unless you have a hard-on for Halo Titanfall.
Wait... so why are you acting like something changed?

Yes I did!

While beating my ass again I noticed my other samurai exposed her weakness to force magic so I mixed some demons to get one with force and was able to negate her bullshit by using my own bullshit!

I still didn't figure out how to prevent paralysis from her gang bite. No equipment I had or could buy would do it :(

I'm loving the game more than p4. P4G is great but I can't fucking stand jpop
Nice! I think I might like it more than P4G also but I'm not sure yet. I know one thing, the boss theme in SMT IV is absolutely amazing. It's been stuck in my head all day.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm looking forward to playing my 3DS again once my nephew goes back to New York.

Kid has been absolutely dummying it the last month. I got games to play!

JABEE

RG3 Laying out the truth for Donovan McNabb in an interview with GQ.

Robert Griffin III in GQ said:
“I don’t think Donovan is an idiot by any means,” he told me. “But right now, it’s probably best we don’t talk.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...best-we-dont-talk/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

http://www.gq.com/blogs/the-feed/2013/08/rg3-gq-cover-story-interview-outtakes.html

I can't find the context for the quote. I believe it is in the print version.

Wait... so why are you acting like something changed?
I suppose I misguidedly thought MS was interested in trying something new and different. Kinect so far has been worthless but at least it gave MS the opportunity to try something new so it didn't just have the same damn games PS4 has like 360 did PS3. Now that they've backed off it being mandatory you just know they'll shy away from trying to use it to differentiate 360 titles, especially with third parties.

Titanfall better be the next Call of Duty because other than that there is no reason to pick Xbone up now. The same games the PS4 has, only graphically inferior with a lame duck peripheral and 100 dollars more expensive.

brentech

Why not follow the sconi way and just use cash for all your purchases and covert all savings into gold and silver?

As an aside, that sucks! Me and my wife limit ourselves to just 2 credit cards (one AmEx and one Visa for the shit establishments that don't take AmEx). Where is your wife traveling that she keeps getting scammed? Only happened to us once in Miami.
Obscure locations that she has to float to until they finally build her store a mile from our house. Been floating since 2009.

I find "different consoles" better than "same ol' shit". There is zero reason to pick up a Xbone over a PS4, unless you have a hard-on for Halo Titanfall.
Good time for Microsoft to start showing all of that work they've been doing on first party development and differentiate its console with games instead of gimmicks, IMO. I think that's the bigger problem for them. They lack a software identity more than anything else and they've been relying on third parties for far too long on that front.

Gears, Forza and Halo.......

.....massive drop off

*crickets*

I suppose I misguidedly thought MS was interested in trying something new and different. Kinect so far has been worthless but at least it gave MS the opportunity to try something new. Now that they've backed off it being mandatory you just know they'll shy away from trying to use it to differentiate 360 titles, especially with third parties.

Titanfall better be the next Call of Duty because other than that there is no reason to pick Xbone up now. The same games the PS4 has, only graphically inferior with a lame duck peripheral and 100 dollars more expensive.
For me it's always been about the games and Sony's first party stuff interests me about 100 times more than MS'. My 360 is a Halo and Gears machine but honestly I don't feel like I would have missed much if I hadn't played those games. I never had any interest in Kinect and even if it was mandatory I don't think MS could have done enough to really make me care.

To be honest though, I was a little disappointed when they pulled all the 180's just because I wanted to see what would happen if they went through with their original plan. I didn't ever anticipate getting an XBO but I would have enjoyed seeing what kind of crazy stuff they attempted with it.

I also agree that making Kinect non-mandatory kind of squanders whatever small potential it might have had, but who knows if they'll sell a SKU without it or not. I wouldn't be surprised to see them announce a $399 non-Kinect version at Gamescom.

Good time for Microsoft to start showing all of that work they've been doing on first party development and differentiate its console with games instead of gimmicks, IMO. I think that's the bigger problem for them. They lack a software identity more than anything else and they've been relying on third parties for far too long on that front.

Gears, Forza and Halo.......

.....massive drop off

*crickets*

I have no faith they have any clue how to do this. This is their 3rd hardware generation and they only have two strong IPs, and they're slowly running those into the ground as well.

Also, I don't think it would help them long term anyway. Nintendo's claim has always been their strong first party stable, and their trickle has been so slow the Wii U is on life support. If Nintendo can't float a console like that what chance does MS have?

For me it's always been about the games and Sony's first party stuff interests me about 100 times more than MS'. My 360 is a Halo and Gears machine but honestly I don't feel like I would have missed much if I hadn't played those games. I never had any interest in Kinect and even if it was mandatory I don't think MS could have done enough to really make me care.

To be honest though, I was a little disappointed when they pulled all the 180's just because I wanted to see what would happen if they went through with their original plan. I didn't ever anticipate getting an XBO but I would have enjoyed seeing what kind of crazy stuff they attempted with it.

I also agree that making Kinect non-mandatory kind of squanders whatever small potential it might have had, but who knows if they'll sell a SKU without it or not. I wouldn't be surprised to see them announce a $399 non-Kinect version at Gamescom.

That's the thing. With Xbone the way it was the chances of me getting it were slim but there was a chance that some third party would come up with something only possible on the console forcing me to bite. Now even that seems unlikely.

I have no faith they have any clue how to do this. This is their 3rd hardware generation and they only have two strong IPs, and they're slowly running those into the ground as well.

Also, I don't think it would help them long term anyway. Nintendo's claim has always been their strong first party stable, and their trickle has been so slow the Wii U is on life support. If Nintendo can't float a console like that what chance does MS have?
Nintendo also has to support the 3DS and they are going through that transition to HD game development (inexcusable perhaps, but it explains the empty release schedule for Wii U lately). Software sells hardware for the most part, gimmicks will only get you so far. MS lost a lot of goodwill from me post-Halo: Reach when they just stopped caring about non-Kinect first party development.

I try not to be too biased but I just don't see a good reason to buy an XBO. Maybe it's because I'm not too big into TV or movies and would prefer to keep supplemental stuff on a tablet or smartphone but I just don't see anything that interests me much. I still think it'll be a big hit in the US, though.

brentech

But MS does have the 3rd party support to live through those waits if they had better 1st party.
Would be a pretty big boost for the platform if they had they got it done. They waste too much time trying to lock up sub par 3rd party exclusives.

1251126592_tom_brady_290x402_medium.jpg

Strength: Best hair in the league, great smile, chin dimple, facial hair, beautiful eyes, strong jaw line, nice white teeth, versatile. Swiss army knife of handsomeness

Weakness: Nothing

GOAT

Nintendo also has to support the 3DS and they are going through that transition to HD game development (inexcusable perhaps, but it explains the empty release schedule for Wii U lately). Software sells hardware for the most part, gimmicks will only get you so far. MS lost a lot of goodwill from me post-Halo: Reach when they just stopped caring about non-Kinect first party development.

I try not to be too biased but I just don't see a good reason to buy an XBO. Maybe it's because I'm not too big into TV or movies and would prefer to keep supplemental stuff on a tablet or smartphone but I just don't see anything that interests me much. I still think it'll be a big hit in the US, though.
My point is that Nintendo has numerous IP's that they can't get out fast enough. MS has Halo and Forza and crickets. [/Futurevoid].

But MS does have the 3rd party support to live through those waits if they had better 1st party.
Would be a pretty big boost for the platform if they had they got it done. They waste too much time trying to lock up sub par 3rd party exclusives.

Normally that would be true - but Sony has the same developers, AND a more powerful AND cheaper console AND a better first party library. Why bother with XBone?

brentech

Normally that would be true - but Sony has the same developers, AND a more powerful AND cheaper console AND a better first party library. Why bother with XBone?

well that's the point. they need to actually create their own games that truly draw interest. otherwise they just sit on the back of, 'well, my friends have it'. and that's only going to work for so long

My point is that Nintendo has numerous IP's that they can't get out fast enough. MS has Halo and Forza and crickets. [/Futurevoid].
Yeah, I know. My point is that Nintendo can't get them out fast enough because they are supporting the 3DS and haven't adjusted to developing HD games so it's kind of a strange comparison since neither of those apply to MS.

I agree with what you're saying about MS' IP's, though. But in my opinion the solution is to develop more quality first party games instead of banking so hard on the other stuff they're doing.

bionic77

Timed exclusives and dat Live.

Lets stop with the console bullshit guys and discuss SI's ripping apart Fatford instead!

KAS never replied back to me about that article. I hope he is ok. :(

Yeah, I know. My point is that Nintendo can't get them out fast enough because they are supporting the 3DS and haven't adjusted to developing HD games so it's kind of a strange comparison since neither of those apply to MS.

I agree with what you're saying about MS' IP's, though. But in my opinion the solution is to develop more quality first party games instead of banking so hard on the other stuff they're doing.

You're not getting it. I'm saying that there's no way MS will be able to develop enough first party IP to float the console. I only brought up Nintendo because they have IP. Not because of the Wii U's struggles. Wii U is floundering for completely different reasons.

edit: Just when you think your life sucks...

I was supposed to be moving to Japan in four days for two years. I stayed because of my girlfriend. She broke up with me today. Ugh.

I don't disagree with you there. I'm hoping maybe they've learned their lesson and they are serious about putting some real resources into first party development but like you, I'm not confident.

As to your second point, Microsoft is in a position where they have third parties at their side and are happy to money hat exclusives (Dead Rising 3 for example). Nintendo is relying almost purely on their first party to float the Wii U and can't even match Microsoft on the services front but then Nintendo doesn't have any interest in doing so either...

EDIT: Saw you covered the latter points in later posts. Nevermind.:D

You're not getting it. I'm saying that there's no way MS will be able to develop enough first party IP to float the console. I only brought up Nintendo because they have IP. Not because of the Wii U's struggles. Wii U is floundering for completely different reasons.
First party support doesn't have to be the only thing you attempt to float a console with, but if it's relatively weak compared to the competition it severely hurts the chances of me caring about it.

In football news, it sounds like Wallace and Tannehill aren't developing the kind of chemistry fans had hoped for:

Tannehill targeted Wallace three times in practice and the duo connected twice. And that's fine except when you consider that Tannehill actually attempted more passes to reserve receiver Brian Tyms. And tight end Dustin Keller. And Brian Hartline. And just as many to Jeff Fuller, another reserve receiver who may or may not be on the team in three weeks.

Sometimes they hook up twice in a practice. Sometimes three times. Rarely more than that. Sometimes they go an entire practice and don't connect at all. Meanwhile, Tannehill connects with Keller all the time. He has a definite chemistry with Hartline. And he seems pretty comfortable throwing to Brandon Gibson as well.

So I asked Wallace the simple question: Is he getting enough passes thrown to him in practice from Ryan Tannehill?

"Ahhhh, I think it's going to come," he said seemingly surprised by the question. "Obviously I didn't practice for like a week and a half so that kind of takes away shots I would have had. But I think I get enough balls. Well, I wouldn't say ... We have a lot of periods in practice so you're going to catch a lot of passes. At the same time we have so many guys and there's so much going on so fast that you're not always going to ge the ball."

Stop right there. Wallace is a professional. He's not a troublemaker. But neither is he a liar. So he's clearly hedging his answer. He obviously doesn't want to say something that could potentially make folks look bad. But neither does he want to suggest something that is so clear is not true. He also doesn't want to sound like he's complaining.

So he just talked in circles a little bit.
Plenty more in the story:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...wallace-need-to-connect-more-in-practice.html

Sidenote: Keller will be the leading receiver for the Dolphins this season.

bionic77

Tannehill will be lucky if he connects with Wallace twice per game. Dude disappears for long stretches and will drop the ball if he can't body catch it.
Hopefully he gets most of his yards in the four games against the Pats and Jets.

I think the lack of a offensive line and running game is going to be the biggest thing that holds Wallace back there. If you have a good running game you can make a killing with a fast receiver on PA plays. Pretty much any qb can make that happen. Supposedly the Miami line is in shambles so even if Tannehill wants to get it to Wallace for the home run he just may not have the time to get the ball downfield and may have to get it out quick for minimal yardage.

Hopefully he gets most of his yards in the four games against the Pats and Jets.

I think the lack of a offensive line and running game is going to be the biggest thing that holds Wallace back there. If you have a good running game you can make a killing with a fast receiver on PA plays. Pretty much any qb can make that happen. Supposedly the Miami line is in shambles so even if Tannehill wants to get it to Wallace for the home run he just may not have the time to get the ball downfield and may have to get it out quick for minimal yardage.
OL has some question marks but it's far from "in shambles." I do agree with you that it's a concern and that it could hold Wallace back, though. The running game should be decent.

eznark

Banned
OL has some question marks but it's far from "in shambles." I do agree with you that it's a concern and that it could hold Wallace back, though. The running game should be decent.

It'd be easier if you just accepted the truth now instead of waiting for the ravaging in September.

It'd be easier if you just accepted the truth now instead of waiting for the ravaging in September.
Martin played great against the Jags (I know, I know) and Jerry should be healthy by week one. The other three are competent to great. It's a coin flip in my eyes.

Also, Wallace is funny:

"I want to lead the league in everything I possibly can," he said Monday. "If you plan for anything other than that, you're settling. I want to be the best. I'm not out here to be the second-best or third-best. I want to be the best player in the league. There are some great guys to try and catch, so I have a big-time challenge ahead of me, but I'm up for it. That's why I'm here."

Last week Wallace said he's the fastest player in the NFL, and he looked the part when Tannehill hit him deep for a touchdown during seven-on-seven drills in practice Monday.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patr...ts+&+NFL+-+BostonHerald.com)&utm_content=ESPN

squicken

He's a loser but we will manipulate the process where he has a couple productive preseason games and say SEE there's potential!

Even though everyone knows he's trash the cap hit isn't worth it. Lesson learned!

I need you guys to cut Jenkins so the Rams can cut Pead and fly under the radar. Baalke has more security so the Rams need the cover

eznark

Banned
Are the packers actually a professional football team or is kap just so good that he made them look like a high school women's basketball team?

I don't follow? Are you actually taking offense at someone questioning the shrunken head of your quarterback? Have the decades in the wilderness really left you with such little confidence that you have stooped to this?

I don't follow? Are you actually taking offense at someone questioning the shrunken head of your quarterback? Have the decades in the wilderness really left you with such little confidence that you have stooped to this?

Only fans of teams teams that have "held" kap under 180 yards rushing can ask those questions

Top Bottom