• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Weeden at 13!!!!!
Did they have cameras back then though? I don't think his pic is real!

The picture of Cutler makes me laugh.

Bears-Cutler-could-be-out-for-season-68LG4VS-x-large_medium_medium.jpg

Fantomex

That's why you my boy!

Thumbs up!

In football news, it sounds like Wallace and Tannehill aren't developing the kind of chemistry fans had hoped for:

Plenty more in the story:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...wallace-need-to-connect-more-in-practice.html

Sidenote: Keller will be the leading receiver for the Dolphins this season.

Basically, Tannehill and Wallace both depend on Lamar Miller being a 1200 yard rusher, if they are to enjoy any type of success. That's my take on it anyway. Our defense will be stout, We will hold people to maybe a 17 point average, but if our offense can't get the running game going, we are in for a world of hurt. And i think Hartline will be the leading receiver.

bionic77

Who cares what your qb looks like?

I would gladly take the love child of RGIII and Luck and Dalton as my team's qb if it meant another Superbowl win or two.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Hopefully he gets most of his yards in the four games against the Pats and Jets.

I think the lack of a offensive line and running game is going to be the biggest thing that holds Wallace back there. If you have a good running game you can make a killing with a fast receiver on PA plays. Pretty much any qb can make that happen. Supposedly the Miami line is in shambles so even if Tannehill wants to get it to Wallace for the home run he just may not have the time to get the ball downfield and may have to get it out quick for minimal yardage.

20121111__121112Ponder1A.jpg

squicken

Reports from Pats-Bucs scrimmage

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard
Pats: Amendola has taken Welker's role as being uncoverable vs. man cov. WR Thompkins looks like real deal to me. Phenomenal 1-hand catch

Bucs: Offensively, outside Martin & Jackson (who was open all day), they don't inspire confidence. Freeman's dominant trait is inconsistency

Bucs: Hard to judge the defense because a healthy Revis changes the game for everyone. Wasn't wowed by Barron or Banks. Goldson was good

Brady seemed to have some growing frustration today. Bucs are a way better than the Eagles on defense.

Basically, Tannehill and Wallace both depend on Lamar Miller being a 1200 yard rusher, if they are to enjoy any type of success. That's my take on it anyway. Our defense will be stout, We will hold people to maybe a 17 point average, but if our offense can't get the running game going, we are in for a world of hurt. And i think Hartline will be the leading receiver.
I'm more worried about the o-line than the running game, but I guess if the o-line sucks Miller won't get close to 1200 yards so it's kind of the same thing.

I hope Hartline leads the team in receptions, that would be cool. Sustained success from him would really help justify the deal they just gave him.

Milchjon

Kaepernick is Squidward. Google tells me the internet agrees.

Also, Jay Cutler isn't number two? I mean, I get that it's a Rams fansite, so they're obviously no stranger to regrettable decisions, but how can you be so wrong?

Okay so I go in for my third interview on thursday morning. Just got an email from the HR lady I interviewed with first with some documents along with a description of the spot I'm applying for.

Now, I know that during my last interview they suggested I try for a different position but I assumed it was similar to what I initially applied for. This shit seems waaaaay more intense and I definitely dont have experience with like half of the stuff listed as requirements.

Aggggh what the fuck.

JABEE

Bucs: Offensively, outside Martin & Jackson (who was open all day), they don't inspire confidence. Freeman's dominant trait is inconsistency

Five nights a week is inconsistent?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Okay so I go in for my third interview on thursday morning. Just got an email from the HR lady I interviewed with first with some documents along with a description of the spot I'm applying for.

Now, I know that during my last interview they suggested I try for a different position but I assumed it was similar to what I initially applied for. This shit seems waaaaay more intense and I definitely dont have experience with like half of the stuff listed as requirements.

Aggggh what the fuck.

Be sure the first thing on the skills portion of your resume is: Quick learner.

If you have Spotify, search for "Baltimore Sports Band" and be treated to hits such as:

The Joe Flacco Song
(Ladies Wanna Hug) Terrell Suggs
Ed Reed Makes QBs Sick Cause He Makes Picks!

Or if you like baseball:

Jeremy Guthrie is Bound For Glory

Be sure the first thing on the skills portion of your resume is: Quick learner.

I do lol, obviously the HR lady thought I was a fit for this but jeeze it makes me nervous.

I would much rather be interviewing for something Im totally qualified for. I'll be pissed if I get rejected and have to start from square one all because they thought I might be a maybe shot at a spot they are trying to fill.

Sweeeet Jesus

She can release whatever she wants as long as the single cover looks like that.

Daaaaaaaaaamn

Also, is Fantasy Life: The Outrageous, Uplifting, and Heartbreaking World of Fantasy Sports from the Guy Who's Lived It by Matthew Berry any good? At the airport and might buy it to read during the flight.

Milchjon

Ian Rapoport said:
Non-football tweet of the day: Kendrick Lamar's verse isn't close to Ether, Hit 'Em Up, How to Rob, Supa Ugly or, of course, Dre Day. #sorry

I always chuckle when guys like Rapoport or La Canfora tweet about stuff like this

bionic77

What kind of cats do you pod?
All the podcasts are hit or miss. I listen to The Champs (probably my favorite one), Rogan (start with a Joey Diaz one, they are the best), Tested, BS Report (if the guest is good, never listen to Boston circle jerks), Still untitled the Adam savage project, and Dan Carlins Hardcore History (start with the Mongol war, hooooooooly shit, imagine an entire race of eznarks, killing and raping eeeerywhere).

Top Bottom