• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found out I'm off Sunday, so I'll get to watch the 49ers beat the stuffing out of the Packers. Kaep going to punk Matthews.

What do I care though? Broncos are back!

Whatever. There must be something special about being a Steelers fan, because between you, Deacon, Harson, and DeathByVolcano, it's nothing but hateraide flowing. That's even more delicious than salty tears.
They're just upset that they won't be able to kick the Ravens butt as badly as the Broncos did. Plus, losing to Tebow in the playoffs was the beginning of their regression.

effzee

If you believe that Andrew Luck can be a franchise QB, then it's a no brainer. I think Irsay made the right call. The team won 10 games in 2010, but that was almost entirely on Manning. Seeing that Anthony Gonzalez, Austin Collie, Joseph Addai, and the rest of the castoffs have barely found work since being cut, it's clear that the team was just old and not good enough. If you're going to fire your GM and reboot the franchise, it would have made no sense to keep Manning at his insanely high salary when you could draft Luck on the cheap and have him grow with the new pieces you add.

But they only made those changes, such as the GM and getting rid of key older veterans ONCE they determined Manning wouldn't come back healthy and because of that reason and that reason only they wanted to restart.

I am arguing that had they known he was going to come back healthy, and they should have seen how determined he was, they were better off keeping him, retaining a lot of their own good players, and using the #1 pick (or the picks in trades they could have gotten) to make 2-3 more SB runs right now with Manning.

They are lucky it all seems to be working out but so much could have gone wrong. Then again when you play in a division with the Titans and Jags...there is only so much you have to do to make the playoffs.

I know it's not a Broncos SB, but he's completed the job before. Did you forget that he's won a Superbowl?

The goal is to win the Superbowl. It's a throwaway season if you don't win it. Furthermore, I think you are fooling yourself if Belichick/Pats won't be judged harshly if they don't win another Superbowl without using cameras. It basically puts them in Lance Armstrong territory. I'm pretty sure that outside of your fanbase, most people feel this way. Hell I saw Shannon Sharpe basically saying the same thing on Twitter not too long ago.

Of course I know he won a super bowl and I also know he is 9-11 in the playoffs.

I just realized that I haven't been to a Ravens' home game in so long, that the last one I remember going to was Ravens vs. Tommy Maddux and the Steelers.

effzee

Lol, Champ has long been called the best tackling CB in the league even last year. You obviously have not watched him play much. This post is so bad it deserves two lols.

I think you misunderstood me.

I am talking about DRC not Champ. Champ is elite. DRC is questionable.

They need to stop acting like Joe Flacco is Drew Brees. I don't know why they didn't spend money on a WR.

Or you know why they don't run the ball more.

Playcalling was odd and too much like Reid.

Mmmmm Lindsay Czarniak.

Yes. I too would have sex with her.

MechDX

shaubtaker.jpg

Ya'll done gone and did it. He is pissed and isn't taking it anymore! Went and got himself a new trainer.

Hunter S.

Do you really believe that? I have trouble deciphering when people are being inane or serious in this thread sometimes.

It's not like I can argue against that, I mean, they lost twice to the Giants. It sucked and they should have played better. But to act like they've been a worthless franchise since 2007 is silly. The idea that a season is only successful with a Super Bowl win is something I've never agreed with. They were an insane catch away from winning in 2007 and a terrible drop/overthrow from winning in 2011, it's not like they had awful seasons. I also don't think the Broncos' season was worthless last season just because they didn't win the Super Bowl.

It has to do with a lot of media hype Denver gets now with Peyton like he is the only thing that matters about the Broncos. Well, he is what is making them media darlings. Anyways, the media is pushing the idea that if Peyton does not win his time is wasted because he has already proved everything in the regular season, yet not reached nearly as much post season glory. The Media spreads ideas dude, a great deal unfortunately.

JCizzle

I wish I was half as awesome as Harbs, all this misdirection about read-option when he's going to come out and just run a 'traditional' offense for the vast majority of the game anyways. He's got GB so frothed up about this over nothing. Dance puppets, dance.

Colasante

I was thinking about head coaches likely to get fired and potential replacements next year and got really excited. Fuck the 2013 season, the 2014 season is going to be awesome.

I want Jon Gruden in Carolina, David Shaw in Detroit, Mike Zimmer in New York, Rex Ryan in Oakland, and Kevin Sumlin in Tennessee. I can just picture Rex Ryan coaching Clowney on next year's Hard Knocks. It needs to happen.

As much as we mess with Pats fans around here, do any of you guys think there won't be a lot of discussion about how legit the three titles are when Bill and Tom hang it up? I have to imagine it'll be a hot topic. It'll be part of their legacy.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I was thinking about head coaches likely to get fired and potential replacements next year and got really excited. Fuck the 2013 season, the 2014 season is going to be awesome.

I want Jon Gruden in Carolina, David Shaw in Detroit, Mike Zimmer in New York, Rex Ryan in Oakland, and Kevin Sumlin in Tennessee. I can just picture Rex Ryan coaching Clowney on next year's Hard Knocks. It needs to happen.

You can always tell the ESPN fans from the football fans

Godslay

Banned
The only reason the Pats haven't been expunged from the annals of NFL history is only because Goodell doesn't have the spine to fight for justice. Putin did what he could, but Kraft ran out before he could get the other two.

Disgusting when we have Putin being the only one to be man enough to serve justice.

lol just trolling. Hope the Broncos and Pats meet in the AFC Championship so we can find out who is better.

Long road ahead. I just hope for health.

Colasante

You can always tell the ESPN fans from the football fans

What am I? Should I feel insulted?

As much as we mess with Pats fans around here, do any of you guys think there won't be a lot of discussion about how legit the three titles are when Bill and Tom hang it up? I have to imagine it'll be a hot topic. It'll be part of their legacy.

No, you're definitely right. I don't agree with it, but of course I'm biased on the topic. I'm just not of the mindset that they've done nothing since Spygate and they've revealed themselves as frauds since then. They very nearly won two more Super Bowls, they had an undefeated regular season, Brady broke the touchdown record. If I have to concede that they haven't been the best team in the NFL since 2007 because of their lack of Super Bowl wins, they're clearly the next best team after the Packers, Steelers, Saints, Giants, and Ravens in that time, for whatever that's worth.

I would hope so but the way some of the media suck off bill and tom I doubt it.

jakncoke

Banned
Whatever. There must be something special about being a Steelers fan, because between you, Deacon, Harson, and DeathByVolcano, it's nothing but hateraide flowing. That's even more delicious than salty tears.

Why is he following them on twitter? That's not the Steeler way according to some around here.

I could nice. I could reasonable. I could talk like you educated folk. But fuck that shit, I'd rather let the hate flow from my inner sociopathic heart through my veins and out my motherfucking fingertips. Makes life more interesting. Fuck it alll!

Godslay

Banned
I could nice. I could reasonable. I could talk like you educated folk. But fuck that shit, I'd rather let the hate flow from my inner sociopathic heart through my veins and out my motherfucking fingertips. Makes life more interesting. Fuck it alll!

:jnc

I think you assholes have tainted my pure heart. That or I'm a little hungover and tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom