• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter S.

LOL, you made a ridiculous claim and then proceeded to laugh and claim that effzee didnt actually watch the Eagles. You were flat out wrong. In 2011 PFF rated all the CB's in terms of tackling DRC was 4th worst out of all CBs in the NFL: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/02/12/2011-tackling-the-cornerbacks/
You misinterpreted my quote. I meant he has probably hardly seen Champ tackle. Looks like you got mad because I was either not clear enough, or it was just a straight up misinterpretation. I was not referring to DRC at all.

You misinterpreted my quote. I meant he has probably hardly seen Champ tackle. Looks like you got mad because I was either not clear enough, or it was just a straight up misinterpretation. I was not referring to DRC at all.

This was the original quote of effzee's that you replied to:

DRC will be good so long as he doesn't play superior WRs who can catch even with good coverage on them. Then its adventure time as he tries to tackle.

Me, him, Godslay, and Tabris were all talking about DRC. Champ was always a great tackler.

Sounds like the thought process of the average cheater.

You're just fucking jealous.

Punk ass biiiiiiiiiitch.

The irrelevance of your shitfaced franchise is so obvious it hurts my face. I wasn't even born when you fuckers did something that made some noice. The last time you cunts won the division was when we had to have our first string QB injured and then you even tied with us.

Fuck you. Fuck the city of bumfuck Miami and all your crackhead pieces of shit.

We own you and the division and we will for the next decade as well.

Might as well stop watching football, because you won't win jack shit.

Nakazato

Thinking alot about the game, and I'm not too worried about the defense. First game and in Denver air can explain away some of the second half fatigue, not to mention Peyton. He was unbelievable. His audibles were perfect, his ball placement was amazing; they were making plays even when we had good coverage. Pass rush looked ok, and rush D looked good (I know they were shitty backs, but they were shut down at least).

Now......the offense. I will say, losing Jacoby and Oher definitely hurt in the second half when we did nothing, but also, Caldwell called a bad game. We went to Flacco 30 times in the first half, before we were losing, and that was too much. We need Rice. We need Pierce. When they got the ball, they looked good, they just didn't get the ball. Dallas Clark and Ed Dickson are terrible. At least Clark had some catches to go with his drops, Dickson just made drops. And then there was Joe. Oh, Joe. Fuck you, Joe. You were bad. Bad decisions made and bad throws.....all....fucking....game. Come defend your boy, my fellow Ravens fans. I had an inkling of optimism heading into this game that Flacco just may be a better QB than I thought....that his performance in the playoffs wasn't flukey. It was. He had ZERO touch. He overthrew everybody, deep and short. He overthrew screen passes. He seemed bewildered. He basically was the exact Joe Flacco I thought he was. Fuck you Flacco.

I call him a bitch all last night and a 120 mil dollar piece of shit. Fuck Joe Flacco.

And don't get me started on soft ass huff. Start Elam in his place

Just like Cam.

tumblr_mlpn2rqD2M1sof2emo1_250.gif

I call him a bitch all last night and a 120 mil dollar piece of shit. Fuck Joe Flacco.

And don't get me started on soft ass huff. Start Elam in his place

Even for those who were on the fence last year and chastised me for my Flacco hate (not you, so much), have to see it now that we're paying him 500 BILLION FUCKING DOLLARS!!!!!!!!

And yes, get Elam in there. It's time to see what we have on D going forward. I thought he looked good enough in the preseason to put out there. Huff looks like he couldn't give a fuck.

Hunter S.

, have to see it now that we're paying him 500 BILLION FUCKING DOLLARS!!!!!!!!

And yes, get Elam in there. It's time to see what we have on D going forward. I thought he looked good enough in the preseason to put out there. Huff looks like he couldn't give a fuck.

He is a lifelong Raider. This should be expected.

Colasante

Even for those who were on the fence last year and chastised me for my Flacco hate (not you, so much), have to see it now that we're paying him 500 BILLION FUCKING DOLLARS!!!!!!!!

I just can't get over Ozzie putting out castoffs from the Patriots' and Raiders' defenses as his starting safeties. How is Matt Elam not starting? I imagine it's because they see him as a liability in coverage, but I can't imagine him being worse than Huff and Ihedigbo were last night.

Hunter S.

The Broncos are the Canucks of the NFL. Big bad regular season bullies who dont do shit in the playoffs.

Bad analogy. The Canucks never won a cup. My Avalanche won their first in their first year in existence as an NHL team.

And so one year of the Broncos being good makes us regular season bullies?

cdyhybrid

Bad analogy. The Canucks never won a cup. My Avalanche won their first in their first year in existence as an NHL team.

He might be on to something, Gata is all too familiar with regular season bullies who never win Super Bowls.

Tabris

Mannings have 3 Superbowls vs 0 for Pats since they got caught cheating. When you win something without spying on the other team, you're allowed to come back.

EDIT - Oh, and 7 TOUCHDOWNS!

Dragon

Banned

The Avalanche were in Quebec before, it's not like they were an expansion team or something. And the Avalanche had Claude Lemieux on their team. The only reason I don't outright hate them is because they had Raymond Bourque.

Mannings have 3 Superbowls vs 0 for Pats since they got caught cheating. When you win something without spying on the other team, you're allowed to come back.

You must have a parser for this thread that notifies you when someone is shit talking one of your 30 teams!!

Thinking alot about the game, and I'm not too worried about the defense. First game and in Denver air can explain away some of the second half fatigue, not to mention Peyton. He was unbelievable. His audibles were perfect, his ball placement was amazing; they were making plays even when we had good coverage. Pass rush looked ok, and rush D looked good (I know they were shitty backs, but they were shut down at least).

Now......the offense. I will say, losing Jacoby and Oher definitely hurt in the second half when we did nothing, but also, Caldwell called a bad game. We went to Flacco 30 times in the first half, before we were losing, and that was too much. We need Rice. We need Pierce. When they got the ball, they looked good, they just didn't get the ball. Dallas Clark and Ed Dickson are terrible. At least Clark had some catches to go with his drops, Dickson just made drops. And then there was Joe. Oh, Joe. Fuck you, Joe. You were bad. Bad decisions made and bad throws.....all....fucking....game. Come defend your boy, my fellow Ravens fans. I had an inkling of optimism heading into this game that Flacco just may be a better QB than I thought....that his performance in the playoffs wasn't flukey. It was. He had ZERO touch. He overthrew everybody, deep and short. He overthrew screen passes. He seemed bewildered. He basically was the exact Joe Flacco I thought he was. Fuck you Flacco.

They need to stop acting like Joe Flacco is Drew Brees. I don't know why they didn't spend money on a WR.

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...tain-suh-calls-players-only-meeting/#comments

Suh has a players only meeting

According to Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press, the Lions defensive tackle, who was voted team captain for the first time, called a players-only meeting Tuesday on the topic of discipline.

Specifically, he told his teammates they had to avoid silly penalties — like the ones he’s committed throughout his career.
Suh calls player only meeting

insert laughing gif here

Hunter S.

The Avalanche were in Quebec before, it's not like they were an expansion team or something. And the Avalanche had Claude Lemieux on their team. The only reason I don't outright hate them is because they had Raymond Bourque.
Fine. What team do you support? The Red Wings? The Rangers? I guess it must be the Bruins due to the Bourque love. But, whatever subjective reason you do not like the Avs does not bother me. Claude Lemuix was only an Av for 4 years. He played for 5 other teams and won four Stanley Cups.

Milchjon

I don't even know why I quoted this post, because my question is wholly unrelated:

Why can we still not add people to the ignore list on mobile?

Dragon

Banned
Fine. What team do you support? The Red Wings? The Rangers? I guess it must be the Bruins due to the Bourque love. But, whatever subjective reason you do not like the Avs does not bother me. Claude Lemuix was only an Av for 4 years. He played for 5 other teams and won four Stanley Cups.

Yes it's the Bruins. With the way the schedule is nowadays it's pretty hard to develop an inter-conference rivalry anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom