• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Their legacy will be that they were one of the most dominant teams and Brady is one of the best QBs ever. I'm not even a Pats fan, but that's what the legacy will be. I don't view spygate as seriously as something like steroid usage when it came to Bonds, for example. Or McGwire, for that matter. It may have given the Pats a leg up, but it's arguable how much of advantage it gave them. I'd say it was a very negligible leg up, if anything.

And the evidence totally supports that. When they were cheating they were winning Super Bowls left and right. Since they were caught they haven't won fuck-all. Clearly not an advantage in any way shape or form.

Some clowns still believe in Lance Armstrong too. (preemptive no one believes in Ryan Braun anymore).

And the evidence totally supports that. When they were cheating they were winning Super Bowls left and right. Since they were caught they haven't won fuck-all. Clearly not an advantage in any way shape or form.

Some clowns still believe in Lance Armstrong too. (preemptive no one believes in Ryan Braun anymore).

There are too many variables to prove anything definitively. This is why it won't be a big deal. It's impossible to state that they haven't won another ring simply because of spygate. Not when they've had major roster changes, injuries, bad luck, etc.

Some people are going to say that they haven't won another ring after spygate because spygate helped them immensely, but then another person can turn right around and say that they won during those years due to having a dominant team. So this is a circular debate and it's one reason why their legacy won't be tarnished.

cdyhybrid

There are too many variables to prove anything definitively. This is why it won't be a big deal. It's impossible to state that they haven't won another ring simply because of spygate. Not when they've had major roster changes, injuries, bad luck, etc.

It is possible to state that they haven't won a ring since Spygate, though.

Some people are going to say that they haven't won another ring after spygate because spygate helped them immensely, but then another person can turn right around and say that they won during those years due to having a dominant team. So this is a circular debate and it's one reason why their legacy won't be tarnished.
It's impossible to prove that Barry Bonds wouldn't have hit all those HR's without steroids. Maybe he was just that incredible a physical specimen. We better inform all the HoF voters that didn't vote for him of how circular this debate is.

eznark

Banned

So their legacy will be in question then and you have decided to agree with us.

It takes a big man to concede when he is wrong. Bravo.

It is possible to state that they haven't won a ring since Spygate, though.

And that doesn't prove anything. Listen, the fans can't rule definitively because not even the NFL can rule definitively when it came to spygate. The league fined Belli, fined the organization, and took away their first round draft pick. No championships were nullified and no rings were taken away. Not even by the NFL. If the NFL didn't deem it necessary to strip them of titles then fans don't have a leg to stand on.

Hunter S.

Girl in Pink is Flacco last night. Other girl is Larry.

i4kPVBU3jdmi1.gif

Hunter S.

Good stuff hunter. You still working out? I just set a milestone and lost 18lbs!

Still doing some Cardio. Not lifting too much for now. Ride my bike to work and sometimes climb/hike these mountains at least once a week. So just cardio. People are telling me my routine made my calves bigger and I know my thighs gained some muscle so I am pleased.

That is a really impressive loss. You should feel great.

cdyhybrid

And that doesn't prove anything. Listen, the fans can't rule definitively because not even the NFL can rule definitively when it came to spygate. The league fined Belli, fined the organization, and took away their first round draft pick. No championships were nullified and no rings were taken away. Not even by the NFL. If the NFL didn't deem it necessary to strip them of titles then fans don't have a leg to stand on.

You make it sound like the NFL knows what they're doing.

The NFL didn't take the titles away because doing so would be a black eye on the league so big they would never recover from it. It's also the reason Goddell burned the tapes.

The NFL didn't take the titles away because doing so would be a black eye on the league so big they would never recover from it. It's also the reason Goddell burned the tapes.

That's one reason. Another reason would be that it is impossible to quantify how much the tapes helped the Pats organization or if the tapes helped them at all. This is not a black and white issue. As a Cowboys fans, I'm pissed that Jerry Jones didn't think about taping other teams.

cdyhybrid

That's one reason. Another reason would be that it is impossible to quantify how much the tapes helped the Pats organization or if the tapes helped them at all. This is not a black and white issue. As a Cowboys fans, I'm pissed that Jerry Jones didn't think about taping other teams.

But it is black and white. They won 3 rings, got caught for cheating, and haven't won anything since. That is pure, 100% fact, no matter how you try and spin it.

jbug617

Banned
Bad news Ravens

@ProFootballTalk: Ravens receiver Jacoby Jones is likely out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain, per league source.

JABEE

The NFL also burned all the evidence against Belichick and the disgraceful Patriots organization.

The NFL has a vested interest in keeping the Patriots Dynasty alive. They want marketable stars like Brady to keep their accomplishments.

To strip the Patriots of their titles and records would essentially call into question the integrity of every single playoff and regular season game that the Patriots played under Belichick until they were caught.

Belichick did it because it gave his team an advantage. Those games were really close. A lot of those playoff games were decided on one play. To act like it didn't make a difference is just naiveté.

Belichick and the Patriots got what they wanted. The value of the Patriots as a franchise is through the roof. Bill Belichick's making tons of money and his assistants have all found head coaching jobs elsewhere.

Fans have plenty of leg to stand on. The Patriots were caught systematically cheating their way to NFL Championships. They already cashed their checks before the NFL gave them a slap on the wrist and convinced the public that what the Patriots did was not enough to warrant stripping them of their titles.

The league wasn't interested in protecting the shield. They only cared about the public relations nightmare that would occur if the league acknowledged that the first half of the 2000's were a sham.

The NFL also burned all the evidence against Belichick and the disgraceful Patriots organization.

The NFL has a vested interest in keeping the Patriots Dynasty alive. They want marketable stars like Brady to keep their accomplishments.

To strip the Patriots of their titles and records would essentially call into question the integrity of every single playoff and regular season game that the Patriots played under Belichick until they were caught.

Belichick did it because it gave his team an advantage. Those games were really close. A lot of those playoff games were decided on one play. To act like it didn't make a difference is just naiveté.

Belichick and the Patriots got what they wanted. The value of the Patriots as a franchise is through the roof. Bill Belichick's making tons of money and his assistants have all found head coaching jobs elsewhere.

Fans have plenty of leg to stand on. The Patriots were caught systematically cheating their way to NFL Championships. They already cashed their checks before the NFL gave them a slap on the wrist and convinced the public that what the Patriots did was not enough to warrant stripping them of their titles.

The league wasn't interested in protecting the shield. They only cared about the public relations nightmare that would occur if the league acknowledged that the first half of the 2000's were a sham.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo_IAOju128

MechDX

edreed1.png

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN

"It's kind of 50/50 right now honestly. I couldn't say if I'm going to play or I'm not gonna play." - #Texans Safety Ed Reed

Ed Reed said he hasn't been out practicing with the 1's. said he did for a play or two and joked all the players were talking. #texans

Ed Reed said he's been asking Keo about the defense. Said that Keo should be playing on this team. #texans

Reed said the goal is to be on the field Feb 2nd. Not Monday. #Texans

Oh Ed, you crazy fuck!

Second try at drafting without autopicks (10 team league):

QB - Tony Romo
RB - Alfred Morris
RB - LeSean McCoy
WR - Hakeem Nicks
WR - Dwayne Bowe
TE - Jimmy Graham
Flex - David Wilson
D/ST - Bengals
K - Steven Hauschka (biased pick)

Bench:

RB - Ryan Mathews
RB - Mark Ingram
RB - Ben Tate
WR - T.Y. Hilton
WR - Alshon Jeffery
WR - Golden Tate (biased pick)
TE - Brandon Pettigrew

How much do I suck at this?

Fantomex

Still doing some Cardio. Not lifting too much for now. Ride my bike to work and sometimes climb/hike these mountains at least once a week. So just cardio. People are telling me my routine made my calves bigger and I know my thighs gained some muscle so I am pleased.

That is a really impressive loss. You should feel great.

I feel great at the weight loss, but embarrased i got so out of shape, you live n learn. lets keep it up.

The NFL didnt strip the Pats of the titles they stole because it would have caused chaos for the sports books. People that picked the other teams in those games would have demanded money. No fucking way would the league do anything to hurt the gambling side of the game. That is why they burned the tapes. If the tapes really were inconclusive they would have released them to show that the Pats didnt get an advantage from years of cheating. The only reason to burn the tapes was because what was on them was bad. Senator Arlen Specter already tried to get a congressional hearing on spygate but was unable to. One day there will be a new commissioner and hopefully he will stand up for what is right and put an * next to these stolen SBs.

Spinluck

One day there will be a new commissioner and hopefully he will stand up for what is right and put an * next to these stolen SBs.

Not sure if you're kidding, or if it's just wishful thinking.

But I think the NFL is done with Spygate, I don't think they'll reopen that case up.

Pats will keep their *titles forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom