• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

So that's what happened to Rivers. Poor bastard never had a chance. :(

Also I am kind of worried about the game against the Titans. Even without Hasslebald there to exact his revenge for past humiliations, this is the kind of game that the Tomlin Steelers always find a way to make close. We rarely play well against garbo teams like the Raiders, Titans, Packers etc. But put us against any overrated fraud like the Pats and we will shut then down.

Titans D is garbage and Locker can't throw straight. As long as you stop CJ I can't see them winning

edit:
Every NFL QB is a checkdown artist

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...uarterbacks-throw-the-ball?ex_cid=grantland33

Another Jags traitor. SMH.

tumblr_ltcun3tVME1qc3ju8o1_250.gif

MechDX

flacco only has 2 passes

Yeah because Flacco NEVER throws screens to Ray Rice...smh

I have no clue what squicken is trying to prove. QB's throw short 10 yard passes over the middle except for Brady who throws to his left a lot? Is this where the QB is shown he leads in that area?

Yeah because Flacco NEVER throws screens to Ray Rice...smh

I have no clue what squicken is trying to prove. QB's throw short 10 yard passes over the middle except for Brady who throws to his left a lot? Is this where the QB is shown he leads in that area?

It proves what we already know - Brady is a dink and dunker, Luck was dialed into Arians' offense, and Weeden is shit. Nice to see it laid out for us.

squicken

Why did Taco Bell get stripped of his Captain status? Bulking too much and not enough everything else?

Schiano just does not like him. It's why I don't really understand anyone picking the Bucs to win that division. It's almost like the coach is making sure everyone knows that the QB isn't his guy and any bad QB play isn't his fault

bionic77

Yet he managed to beat the Steelers the last time they met. Funny how things happen. I guess a geritol'ed up defense couldn't keep up with the dinks and derps.
Eh I will give the Texans credit for that win but it was not about Schaub (though he did his part). The texans just physically dominated the Steelers on both sides of the ball.

While it hurt to watch it happen to my team that is something I normally love to watch. Probably the best game the Texans played that year, but you guys peaked too early (and injuries).

MechDX

Eh I will give the Texans credit for that win but it was not about Schaub (though he did his part). The texans just physically dominated the Steelers on both sides of the ball.

While it hurt to watch it happen to my team that is something I normally love to watch. Probably the best game the Texans played that year, but you guys peaked too early (and injuries).

Yeah the defense won that game, no doubt. Had something to prove after being called soft in the offseason and the best way to prove that: punch the biggest guy right in the mouth.

We peaked early in 2012 but in 2011 it was injuries to Schaub, Leinart, Mario and Dre that killed us along with a 3rd string, rookie at QB. Arian played like a possessed fucker the last part of that season and the playoffs. I would cut off my left nut for him to play like that again.

Yeah the defense won that game, no doubt. Had something to prove after being called soft in the offseason and the best way to prove that: punch the biggest guy right in the mouth.

We peaked early in 2012 but in 2011 it was injuries to Schaub, Leinart, Mario and Dre that killed us along with a 3rd string, rookie at QB. Arian played like a possessed fucker the last part of that season and the playoffs. I would cut off my left nut for him to play like that again.

Be careful what you put in print...

9ers fans, will we be in trouble with Hayward being out? Outside of Boldin do you even have any receivers? Not that it takes much against our D, but just looking at the roster it doesn't seem like a powerhouse

I'm really getting sick and tired with this Cincinnati bandwagon every sports analyst seems to be on right now. Bugging me to no end. Just want the Browns to win the division so they can troll everyone. And they can do it! I believe in them.

9ers fans, will we be in trouble with Hayward being out? Outside of Boldin do you even have any receivers? Not that it takes much against our D, but just looking at the roster it doesn't seem like a powerhouse
Packers need to play man and not have their pussy ass safeties babysit the deep routes.

Play some man ball for fucks sake you slow cunts.

Glad Jones is out, now the Pastry Chef can show the world his talents.

I'm really getting sick and tired with this Cincinnati bandwagon every sports analyst seems to be on right now. Bugging me to no end. Just want the Browns to win the division so they can troll everyone.

People are now irrationally hating the Bengals, we've finally made it ;_; *sniff*

MechDX

I'm really getting sick and tired with this Cincinnati bandwagon every sports analyst seems to be on right now. Bugging me to no end. Just want the Browns to win the division so they can troll everyone. And they can do it! I believe in them.

Its just like us last year. It is odd though that have jumped all the way to AFC Superbowl favorites in a lot of peoples minds.

People are now irrationally hating the Bengals, we've finally made it ;_; *sniff*

People are irrationally picking you to go to the Superbowl when your QB's career highlight is kick starting JJ Watts rise.

I am also excited to see the Fins. They have a real chance to be good. I will be pulling for you guys to win that division.

Shy of an injury to Brady, Pats are taking the division again this year. Even with talent, the Dolphins are underachievers until proven otherwise. I wish the Bills were healthy. They would have really had a shot.

MechDX

Still not convinced about the Patriots. Too many ifs and maybes.

Dolphins have a damn good chance IMO. Hell I picked em to win the division.

Still not convinced about the Patriots. Too many ifs and maybes.

Dolphins have a damn good chance IMO. Hell I picked em.

I'm not convinced about the Pats either but even depleted they should be able to win the division.

Dolphins could do something but i've heard this bluster from them before and they still got waxed.

Fins have a good D and should have a good running game. If Tanny takes a step forward I think they can definitely compete. Pats offense is going to take a step back. Thug Life and Wes were such big parts of their offense.

I agree with you on all points. My concern is that the Pats weren't just winning; they were slaughtering their division last year. Even if the fins are more competitive, are they 4-2 in the division competitive? Sweep the Pats competitive? I just don't see it, not in year 1 of an improved team.

Shy of an injury to Brady, Pats are taking the division again this year. Even with talent, the Dolphins are underachievers until proven otherwise. I wish the Bills were healthy. They would have really had a shot.

Fins have a good D and should have a good running game. If Tanny takes a step forward I think they can definitely compete. Pats offense is going to take a step back. Thug Life and Wes were such big parts of their offense.

Speaking of the Bengals on 920 AM today in Vegas the host said that he was picking the Bengals to win the division and the reason why was that they were better then any team in the division last year, Ravens included, but they were unlucky and the Ravens were lucky.

Its just like us last year. It is odd though that have jumped all the way to AFC Superbowl favorites in a lot of peoples minds.

That's what came to mind. Except this year I think the Texans will benefit from the experience of last year's losses -- mainly Schaub. It's mainly just the health of Foster and Reed that are concerning. Still believe a healthy Texans teams makes it to the AFC Championship game this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom