• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Probably the last year for you people to get your taco jokes in

Josh Freeman not a captain of Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Josh Freeman was a captain for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last season. He was a captain, in fact, the last three seasons. The quarterback no longer is a captain.

Normally, we don't ascribe too much meaning toward the selection of captains, but this is rather odd. Freeman is the team's starting quarterback and he essentially had his captaincy taken away.

Coach Greg Schiano said Friday that players still look to Freeman as a leader. Schiano attributed the change to circumstance. Guard Davin Joseph was out all last season, and now he's back as a captain. Wide receiver Vincent Jackson is a strong leader and has been on the team longer now, so he got the nod as well.

It's hard to explain this away. Quarterbacks are supposed to be the leaders of the team. Freeman has been that guy for three years, and there are more questions now than ever about about his future in Tampa entering a contract season. This won't quiet those questions.

MechDX

I dunno, if they looked into it there's at least a 1% chance the Pats might get off the hook. Right now, it's 100% certain that they cheated.

Well if anyone would know cheaters it would be "fans" of a PED infested team! Does Pete teach classes on cheating in the Seattle area?

What is cheating even

using roids?

randytd.gif

You needed some roids when Kap was stylin all over your sorry ass fuck team! Maybe tom could take some and he would grow a pair and compete with a real team!

Greg

I got Eddie Lacy AND Hall of Finley on my team Greg, your boys better live up to their hype! I want a Certified Greg Guarantee, man!
You have my stamp of approval!

Even if Eddie turns out to be a bust or gets injured a week after showing promise like most GB RBs, Finley will carry your team with his weekly heroic efforts! And even on his bye week he will aid you by inspiring his other fantasy teammates.

bionic77

So that's what happened to Rivers. Poor bastard never had a chance. :(

Also I am kind of worried about the game against the Titans. Even without Hasslebald there to exact his revenge for past humiliations, this is the kind of game that the Tomlin Steelers always find a way to make close. We rarely play well against garbo teams like the Raiders, Titans, Packers etc. But put us against any overrated fraud like the Pats and we will shut then down.

MechDX

And I was just going to ask if he wanted to bet on it. Come on gata.....do it!! Avatar bet.

Here I got you some cookies:
NFL_Jacksonville_Jaguars_Photo_Cookie_CGFP-4684_sm.jpg

bionic77

What's going to happen first?

Ez has a black person in his house/compound or Gata makes his first friend (imaginary friends and love pillows don't count).

So that's what happened to Rivers. Poor bastard never had a chance. :(

Also I am kind of worried about the game against the Titans. Even without Hasslebald there to exact his revenge for past humiliations, this is the kind of game that the Tomlin Steelers always find a way to make close. We rarely play well against garbo teams like the Raiders, Titans, Packers etc. But put us against any overrated fraud like the Pats and we will shut then down.

I'm not worried. If the Steelers lose this game it'll be because the talent is shit, not because Tomlin didn't have them prepared. Win or 7-9.

I'm his friend.

Another Jags traitor. SMH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom