• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shounen shows are often way too long for me to sit down and watch them in any capacity. Kinda daunting to start a 3-500 episode show. I think one of the longest I watched was Yakitate Japan which is about bread baking. Except its like shounen competition bread baking with insanity mixed in. Pretty fun series.

Tenumi is a Detroit Lions fan.

That reminds me I just spent 85$ buying some friends dinner at a place called Drago's in New Orleans. But that was to celebrate a friend coming over from Britain for the first time to hang out with us so I dont normally spend that much lol. Food was excellent though. I would recommend trying it out at least once.

Can't blame you there. Bebop is my favorite and I enjoyed Shamploo as well but those aren't really shounen, probably considered sennin. I am enjoying Sword Art Online at the moment, however. If you enjoy RPGs or have played an MMO, definitely worth checking out.

I just spent over 300 on a meal with two friends but we've been close for over a decade and now they are moving out of state :( Fantastic night though. One of these days I'll be visiting Orleans and I'll be pestering you to show me good eats! You won't have to pay for me though ;)

Tabris

Teams will attack the successful read option Kaepernick and the One Tebow popularized. It is very possible teams will do a lot better stopping it this year.

Raiders, Eagles, Jags, and a cowboys are not great teams.

Totally agree on first point. Difference between Wilson and Kaepernick is Wilson has Lynch.

Second point, NY Giants and Ravens are test games is what I meant by first couple of games.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
nintendofangirl posted somewhat consistently last year for the niners

also apparently devo once showed her face if her name's on the graphic

Devo posted often yet sporadically through the 2011 season and postseason, and had a few posts in the 2010 season. Didn't really see a lot of her last season.

Godslay

Banned
Come on, no need to get crazy up in here.
Oh no, even crazier! And from Godslay? I'm flabbergasted.

Defending champion and SB loser will always take 1 & 2 at the beginning of the season, unless they are gutted which neither team was. In fact Ravens got young on defense. Offense is still shabby in terms of pass catchers, but the addition of Stokley was a good signing and Dickson isn't a huge drop off from Pitta. Essentially the same team just younger.

Pats are still a good team, they'll find a way to win.

Hawks are deep and very good.

Broncos @ 5 is without Von. Would be higher ~3 if he was playing.

WedgeX

Banned
Er'ryone is talking up Washington football, the Ravens, or the...Cowboys...around here today. Everyone just laughs or looks at me with pity when I mention my allegiance to the Lions. I miss my days of harassing Bears fans. And not being able to say anything other than I disliked Favre to Packer fans.

Annnnd driving back home today, the Capitol Police had their rifles out on the road. Made me feel less safe, really. Also. Went to a Labor Day concert on Sunday in front of the Capitol, a thing apparently, and one of the Capitol Police had a seizure as we were just going through a checkpoint. Crazy thing to happen and not know exactly what was going on in such a place.

Godslay

Banned
He is acting humble so there is not too much Broncos Ravens shit talk.

The loss to the Ravens was quite a Joke in many ways. Many are bitter.

They are a good team. I don't underestimate them.

If they have chemistry going into the season on their defense, watch out. That's a nasty crew. I think their DBs are the weak point, but even there they are still very good. That DL is going to give teams nightmares. Their DL is basically the bunk bed out of the movie Step Brothers, with it they can do so many activites. Best DL in the league, maybe outside of SF.

WedgeX

Banned
kubiak > schwartz

foster > bush

schoob > fatford

johnson = johnson

me > you

As much as I love Andre....

iDx6iC4w2LzJQ.jpg

Tabris

Ravens won because Ray Lewis was retiring. I told y'all they would win too.

No Ray Lewis retiring? They are barely in top 10 ranking anymore in my opinion.

HarryDemeanor's 2013 NFL Kickoff Power Rankings Presented By Taco Bell You Gotta Live Mas And Papa Johns Better Ingredients Better Pizza Papa Johns:

1.Tebow-led NFL Team
2. Denver Broncos
3. Denver Broncos
4. Denver Broncos
5. Cleveland Browns

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
That Xbox One thread getting crazy on the gaming side.

Rule 1 of Sports-GAF: Once the regular season hits, only lurk gaming side if you must visit.
Rule 2 of Sports-GAF: Once post-season hits, completely avoid gaming side.
Rule 3 of Sports-GAF: Use every opportunity to post Freeman pics in other threads.

WedgeX

Banned
Damn, that picture is insane. I wonder if Megatron lasts up until 32+. If so, will he break any records?

Megatron uses his body for each play. He hasn't missed much time, but soldiers through tons of injuries. No idea if it holds up that long. But if he does? Got dang.

cdyhybrid

MLB-Gaf is just depression.

The Mariners are keeping me from investing in following baseball. My heart can't handle it. Maybe the Huskies being good again will heal my heart enough to let me take on that additional depression.

I thought nintendofangirl was a Hawks fan but lived in SF?

1. Seahawks
2. Niners
3. Broncos
4. Packers
5. ATL

Trasher

kubiak > schwartz

foster > bush

schoob > fatford

johnson = johnson

me > you

lololol Andre is already washed up, BRUH. Either that or Schoob is just too bad to use him properly! Reggie Boosh is gonna outlast Arian Fooster in the injury department. Mark it down!

Damn, that picture is insane. I wonder if Megatron lasts up until 32+. If so, will he break any records?

Well he's about to break every Lions WR record this season. If he can make it to 32 without missing many games, I'm sure he will crush a lot of the NFL ones. We just have to hope he doesn't go all Barry on us when we never make it back to the playoffs ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom