• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabris

They are both fucking joke characters, no one would group you in with them.

to_crying.gif

It's not meaningless, it's the road map to where we are now.

In addition to that, Elway is not Colbert. He operates different than your GM. Assuming that your GM is a behind the scenes guy. Elway likes to go to practices, interact with the players, come down on the field at the end of the games, and be in the locker room. I see nothing wrong with that, in fact I embrace it. Fans have always been close to Elway, and it's nice to see him celebrate victories. Even if he planned to move on from Tebow, I am not going to sit here and say Elway should have stayed away. It's not his style.

I guess what I am saying is I don't really give a fuck if you have some guy locked away in a room cutting guys trying to lessen their remorse. Elway let Tebow play it out, gave him a shot, celebrated in victory, and when he thought he could improve the team he did. Personally, I would have found it more odd if Elway wasn't around to celebrate the victory, because I know he will celebrate any Bronco victory regardless of the circumstances.

He likes to screw them to their faces too I suppose.

Tabris

Dumervil and Suggs on the outside is going to be fearsome.

We'll trade you one improperly faxed restructured contract for Dumervil?

Yay you managed to find a person worse then yourself, congrats.

I forgot why you have the hate on for me, as you're not from New England. I guess when the Eagles were still actually relevant, you probably hated the Giants. But that was so long ago.

Hunter S.

Damn, guys stop acting like NHL GAF and just non-stop talking shit on Tabby. Part of the reason that group is annoying.

@ Larry You got to be thinking without Ray Ray your teams leadership will plummet to the depths on nothingness and it will not be pretty. I really wish this match was Sunday.

I forgot why you have the hate on for me, as you're not from New England. I guess when the Eagles were still actually relevant, you probably hated the Giants. But that was so long ago.

I dont hate the Giants at all. My hatred of you has nothing to do with your stupid 2 team garbage. I just find your posts very annoying and I doubt I am the only one.

Edit: How is NHL gaf annoying Hunter? I think that is a great community for the most part.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Damn, guys stop acting like NHL GAF and just non-stop talking shit on Tabby. Part of the reason that group is annoying.

@ Larry You got to be thinking without Ray Ray your teams leadership will plummet to the depths on nothingness and it will not be pretty. I really wish this match was Sunday.

Whoa easy there.

Tabris has built himself up as a gigantic joke character that deserves most of the shit he gets.

But I do agree I wish we'd ignore him when he starts trying to troll for attention.

Godslay

Banned
I like Tabris. He's doesn't bullshit you. Cards are on the table, no apologies.

No one can replace Ray, but you can't forget that Doom was a team captain, very vocal, and a leader on our squad. I don't know what he is doing for the Ravens, but if he's like he was in Denver, they got a decent leader to fill his shoes.

Hunter S.

Whoa easy there.

Tabris has built himself up as a gigantic joke character that deserves most of the shit he gets.

But I do agree I wish we'd ignore him when he starts trying to troll for attention.
I probably missed a lot. But, NHL GAF take the shit talking to a childish level. Certainly there is obnoxiousness and hate in some of his posts. MY rage immunity must be high with him, or maybe that he never trashed the Broncos , nor the Avalanche.Whatever. Just saying let it be we could all use a little Bob Marley.

Better to do so in the light of day, then under the cloak of darkness. Don't most careers end with a cut than riding off into the sunset and retiring?

I agree.

It will be a nice rotation when Dooms on the field.
I'd rather someone be straight with me rather than pretend to be on my side one second then screw me the next.

Hunter S.

I like Tabris. He's doesn't bullshit you. Cards are on the table, no apologies.

No one can replace Ray, but you can't forget that Doom was a team captain, very vocal, and a leader on our squad. I don't know what he is doing for the Ravens, but if he's like he was in Denver, they got a decent leader to fill his shoes.

I did not forget about Elvis. Hell, I bet he wishes his first game was anywhere, but Denver. I do wonder if he might play worse coming back here so soon. I know Peyton did not really want Indy in the playoffs last year. It seems to be human nature to be mentally distracted in a situation like Doom's

Fantomex

Motherfuckers in Gaming keeping on about bloom this and bloom that. I guess I'm just more tolerant of that stuff because I think it looks brilliant.

Gaming is really weird, you can like stuff when it's first announced but then when weeks go by the want you to hate it, then when it finally releases they want you to think it's "meh", then 2 years later they make a thread calling it a masterpiece. Gaming side is in this business to NOT like videogames it seems.

Whoa easy there.

Wow Kave, I don't know Tabris. But this has been an odd day, both you and Cajun getting riled up. What a weird day.

Godslay

Banned
I'd rather someone be straight with me rather than pretend to be on my side one second then screw me the next.

Well football isn't real life in the sense that you or I live. It's a performance business, and you are always on the chopping block. The players know this, teams know this, and it's reflected by the cuts we see every year.

So if you think trying to improve on Tebow is screwing him, and not being straight, then so be it I guess. His play, aside from a handful of games was his downfall. If he was lights out, and performed to a standard where Elway didn't think he had to improve at the position, he would still be here. They both had jobs to do, enjoyed the success they had when it happened together, but ultimately Tebow couldn't do the job up to the standard Elway had in his mind. Happens all the time, has happened on your team. It just so happens that your GM has a different way of doing business, where players are separated from the management when it comes to personnel decisions. I personally don't see anything wrong with him fraternizing with the players as he was one himself, even if he later has to cut them. Modus operandi of football.

I did not forget about Elvis. Hell, I bet he wishes his first game was anywhere, but Denver. I do wonder if he might play worse coming back here so soon. I know Peyton did not really want Indy in the playoffs last year. It seems to be human nature to be mentally distracted in a situation like Doom's

He might be more motivated because in his words we were the ones that fired him. Guess we will have to find out on Thursday. I hope Orlando is up to the task.

bigosc2k

Banned
Got done with my job's 12 man league and here is my roster

QB RG3
RB Ray Rice
RB Steven Jackson
WR Demaryius Thomas
WR Reggie Wayne
FLEX Anquan Boldin
TE Martellus Bennett
K Adam Vinatieri
DEF Denver

Bench
WR Antonio Brown
WR Josh Gordon
TE Zach Sudfeld
RB Darly Richardson
QB Alex Smith
DEF Pittsburg

I don't know if my coworkers are dumb but two of them drafted Michael Turner and Brandon Lloyd

What's a good football app that'll show you the scores and highlights of games right away? I'm probably gonna miss almost all the Thursday night football games
New to the smart phone and IOS life

Dragon

Banned
I've been on iOS7 since uh beta 4? Functionally, it improves on iOS6. Aesthetically? It's still iOS, just uh.....colorful?

The word you're looking for is flat. I'd question how many functional changes are really that meaningful. Although auto updating is one of them.

What's a good football app that'll show you the scores and highlights of games right away? I'm probably gonna miss almost all the Thursday night football games
New to the smart phone and IOS life
The NFL app has some good functionality but their servers suck dick so I'd just stick with ESPN Scorecenter.

Bowser

For everyone assuming an easy Seadderall win over Carolina:

In three seasons under Pete Carroll, the Seahawks are 0-3 in road openers, they're 8-16 overall on the road and they're 1-4 in games that kick off at 10 a.m. PT. Even last year's 11-5 team struggled with this: in 2012 the Seahawks went 3-5 on the road and 0-2 in games that kicked off at 10 a.m. and they went 0-3 if you count the loss to the Falcons in the divisional playoffs.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
For everyone assuming an easy Seadderall win over Carolina:
Statistics assuming all other things being equal aren't very useful when all other things aren't equal.

To be honest, I'm more concerned about whether the line play has gotten in shape yet or not. That will really determine how things go.

Bowser

Statistics assuming all other things being equal aren't very useful when all other things aren't equal.

To be honest, I'm more concerned about whether the line play has gotten in shape yet or not. That will really determine how things go.

You act like Carolina doesn't have any talent. We lost 4 consecutive games last season by a TOTAL of 12 points. Hell, we were a Cam skipped pass into the ground from beating the Chickens last season. The talent differential between the Hawks and Panthers isn't some vast gulf.

ChanHuk

Banned
The word you're looking for is flat. I'd question how many functional changes are really that meaningful. Although auto updating is one of them.

I quite like auto update. I like the new lockscreen and the quick access menu is basically SBSettings. Otherwise the only thing missing that I'd want is biteSMS like functionality.

iOs7 ,so were complaining about functionality in a beta? Or the overall theme they're going for?

I've had the beta crash on me maybe once or twice. Otherwise its works as though its a public release. iOS7 is a step in the right direction, iOS6 brought nothing new other than iMessages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom