• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
What kind of asshole requests the removal of a legend from the list? Taking out flame outs like Clark makes sense, taking out luminaries like Astro is insane. Next you'll want to boot AZ Greg or Skip. I won't stand for it.

Bad joke. Changed it upon second thoughts.
Joke was great. Don't be a coward.

Yeah well you never saw Peyton Manning win a playoff game for Denver.

jags.gif

Keep at it and we'll run out of letters

bionic77

My top 3 best teams in the league;
1. New England (hands on favorite of everyone at ESPN to win every year)
2. Baltimore
3. Jets (have to have a New York team on the list)

Here is the only pick that matters:

Baltimore at Denver

Everyone is expecting Baltimore to fall off, but we're a better team than last year, and all we did then was win the Superbowl. I fully expect to see much of the same in the AFC North; Baltimore and Pittsburgh battling for the division.

Also, Baltimore the city is great. Top shelf city. Bionic couldn't be more wrong; Baltimore is basically the Atlantis of land, and DC is a pile of farts. If I wasn't on my phone, I'd expound on Charm City's wonders, but I saw people mention crabs and drugs, so you're basically covered.

bionic77

Baltimore at Denver

Everyone is expecting Baltimore to fall off, but we're a better team than last year, and all we did then was win the Superbowl. I fully expect to see much of the same in the AFC North; Baltimore and Pittsburgh battling for the division.

Also, Baltimore the city is great. Top shelf city. Bionic couldn't be more wrong; Baltimore is basically the Atlantis of land, and DC is a pile of farts. If I wasn't on my phone, I'd expound on Charm City's wonders, but I saw people mention crabs and drugs, so you're basically covered.
Baltimore is very eh as a city. The aquarium is super overpriced and that shit is boring unless you are under 10. DC is just superior is every way. It is beautiful. Has a ton of great restaurants. And if you are a tourist there are a billion things to see. Hell you could just spend a week fucking around the Smithsonian.

Regarding your team I agree you guys are a top 3 preseason team. I am sure those teams always contend for Superbowls.

Baltimore at Denver

baltimore is a fucking dump and you know that

Dragon

Banned
Baltimore is the worst city this side of Camden New Jersey. Hell Philly clowns Baltimore like Vick buries dog corpses.

bionic77

Oh shit, I know you're not bashing on the aquarium. It has a rainforest.
I think it's like 40 bucks or something criminal.

Smithsonian is way better. You got rocketships, amazing art, and astronaut ice cream (which actually sucks but still better than anything in inner harbor).

Edit: while Baltimore is nothing special it is fucking Paris next to Camden. Jersey has the worst fucking cities.

Dragon

Banned
The only nice thing about Baltimore is Camden yards is a nice ballpark and my friend almost got arrested for public urination.

I think it's like 40 bucks or something criminal.

Smithsonian is way better. You got rocketships, amazing art, and astronaut ice cream (which actually sucks but still better than anything in inner harbor).

Have you been to the American Visionary Art Museum? It is better than every museum in DC combined. We have astronaut ice cream at the Science Center. And Dinosaurs. You don't go to Inner Harbor for food, you go there to be a tourist douche and to stare out on the majestic beauty of the Chesapeake. You go to Lexington Market to get food.

Anyone have Comcast's Blast internets?

$10 for 25mbps more is worth it for me but I didn't know if they fuck around with the speeds or anything.

I'll have to do more googlin'

bionic77

Have you been to the American Visionary Art Museum? It is better than every museum in DC combined. We have astronaut ice cream at the Science Center. And Dinosaurs. You don't go to Inner Harbor for food, you go there to be a tourist douche and to stare out on the majestic beauty of the Chesapeake. You go to Lexington Market to get food.
Never been there bro but I very much doubt it can touch the Smithsonian. They can some amazing exhibits in there.

I am sad to see you still carry an inferiority complexity over DCs objective superiority to Baltimore.

Talon

Dudes, that acquarium is awesome, and the Lexington Market is legit although occasionally harrowing.

Blarry, I got your pm. I'll have a reply back tomorrow.

MechDX

Brian McIntyre‏@brian_mcintyre
Numbers are not 100% official, but Chiefs, Texans, Rams & Giants are over their adj cap numbers. Have to be under cap by 4pm tomorrow.

Texans are now back under with Dre restructuring today for Cushings deal.

squicken

Aldon Smith had a hell of a party last year

San Francisco 49ers All-Pro linebacker Aldon Smith and his former teammate are named in a lawsuit filed Tuesday by a man who was shot at a party the NFL star hosted last year. Tony Kovaleski reports.

San Francisco 49ers All-Pro linebacker Aldon Smith and his former teammate are named in a lawsuit filed Tuesday by a man who was shot at a party the NFL star hosted last year.

Ronndale Esporlas filed the lawsuit in Santa Clara County. The lawsuit claims Smith and former 49ers' tight end Delanie Walker repeatedly and illegally fired weapons on numerous occasions during the June 2012 party.

Smith and his friends also charged $10 per person to enter the party, according to one of the victims.

Smith was stabbed at the party held in the East San Jose foothills.

The lawsuit also claims Smith and Walker consumed significant quantities of alcohol and were legally intoxicated. It also said the players knew the handguns were illegally possessed.

Smith and Walker appeared on the balcony of Smith's home to try and end the party and began to fire shots into the air, according to the lawsuit.

The lawsuit claims Walker then made his way to the driveway where he allegedly fired more shots into the air and toward others attending the party.

Smith's attorney was contacted Tuesday by NBC Bay Area but declined comment citing pending litigation.

NBC Bay Area also contacted Walker's current team, the Tennessee Titans, for comment but has not heard back.

jbug617

Banned
Looks like Manuel is good to go for Sunday.

@PSchrags Breaking: Sources tell me E.J. Manuel is "healthy and ready to go for Week 1," and Doug Marrone is expected to name Week 1 starter tomorrow.

Mindlog

So, hypothetically.
If you weren't too upbeat about the season for your favorite team what is your move. Do you get hammered the previous evening and ride the hangover or start the pre-gaming early in the morning?

Bowser

Fantasy Interlude! I'm about to draft in my work league where passing TDs count for 6 points like rushing TDs. I have the 3rd pick and am leaning towards taking Aaron Rodgers if he's there...is this the right move?

squicken

Fantasy Interlude! I'm about to draft in my work league where passing TDs count for 6 points like rushing TDs. I have the 3rd pick and am leaning towards taking Aaron Rodgers if he's there...is this the right move?

Brees. Always Brees for stats

edit: Still go RB in the first round

eznark

Banned
So, hypothetically.
If you weren't too upbeat about the season for your favorite team what is your move. Do you get hammered the previous evening and ride the hangover or start the pre-gaming early in the morning?

Aren't Taco Bell's open 24 hours?

Talon

AGod all the way. Brees throws too many picks.

That said, 3 is super high for a QB - even AGod. Is this PPR?
I will take a slight step down in stats to not root for that douche.
That's right, UNC bro. Respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom