• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
This is awesome. I love the idea of ending a party by shooting warning shots.

fkEwMif.jpg

squicken

FO rates Rodgers significantly higher than any other QB on the stats front.

They project

Brees at 5100, 40/16

Rodgers 4500 39/10 -- 220 rushing 2TDs

That's the almanac. I don't get the Kubiak thing so maybe they are different? Seems pretty close, though

So, NFL-GAF...my Google-fu is apparently suspect, because I can't seem to figure out why Michael Turner doesn't have a job yet. He was less effective in the Falcons pass-heavy offense, and I know he had a DUI that was dropped - but is there some other reason why even awful teams like the Jets wouldn't take a flyer on him?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lol @ Rich Eisen interviewing Matt Damon.

Damon: "Elysium is where all the elite and rich live...."

Eisen: "So its all Patriot fans?"

Baltimore at Denver: Revenge.

New England at Buffalo: Even with no receivers, or Tebow, NE still got this.
Cincinnati at Chicago: What's with all the Cincy love?
Miami at Cleveland: Ol' man Weeden slanging.
Atlanta at New Orleans: Payton's first game; a lot of motivation to beat the crap out of their rivals.
Tampa Bay at NY Jets: lolJets
Tennessee at Pittsburgh:
Minnesota at Detroit: Trust Stafford more than Ponder.
Oakland at Indianapolis: lolRaiders
Seattle at Carolina: Carolina off to a great start, once again.
Kansas City at Jacksonville: lolGata
Arizona at St. Louis: Fitz may have something to be happy about, for real.
Green Bay at San Francisco: Kaep picks up where he left off.
NY Giants at Dallas: Stupid Cowboys.

Philadelphia at Washington: Even with a busted knee and no practice, RGIII too good.
Houston at San Diego: Think this could turn into a shoot out. Still, Rivers will find a way to cough it up in the end,

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
They project

Brees at 5100, 40/16

That's the almanac. I don't get the Kubiak thing so maybe they are different? Seems pretty close, though

Depends how much the 6 INTs negate the 400 extra total yards?

eznark

Banned
They project

Brees at 5100, 40/16

The yards is a 6 point difference. The picks are a 12 point difference. Add in the rushing and Rodgers is a better pick by 22 points.

So, NFL-GAF...my Google-fu is apparently suspect, because I can't seem to figure out why Michael Turner doesn't have a job yet.
Ankle injury and getting old.

Paykeers should pick him up for minimum. PUP him until latest week possible, cut Starks, and use him for winter games at Lando

Edit: Don't matta he slow Talon. He wear downa da deefesse

squicken

Simmons on the NFC Podcast said something to the effect of it's impossible to predict the end of season with the Seahawks since they might be embroiled in a BALCO scandal by then. It's not a NFL-GAF thing. That is their rep with everyone

The yards is a 6 point difference. The picks are a 12 point difference. Add in the rushing and Rodgers is a better pick by 22 points.

Isn't standard scoring 25 passing yards = 1 point ?

So 600 yards is 24 points

ah the rushing yards. i'm an idiot

Talon

So, NFL-GAF...my Google-fu is apparently suspect, because I can't seem to figure out why Michael Turner doesn't have a job yet. He was less effective in the Falcons pass-heavy offense, and I know he had a DUI that was dropped - but is there some other reason why even awful teams like the Jets wouldn't take a flyer on him?
He's fat and slow and done. Has the burst of a dried out whale.

Also, my standings for the division winners:

AFC:
#1 New England
#2 Denver
#3 Pittsburgh
#4 Houston

#5 Cincinnati
#6 Kansas City

NFC:
#1 San Francisco
#2 New Orleans
#3 Chicago
#4 Washington

#5 Seattle
#6 Atlanta

rando14

WEEK 1 SCHEDULE
THU, SEP 5

Baltimore at Denver, Peyton's revenge

SUN, SEP 8

Early
New England at Buffalo
Cincinnati at Chicago
Miami at Cleveland , #fuckthebrowns, but I dont think miami's better
Atlanta at New Orleans
Tampa Bay at NY Jets, Taco bell > sancheese
Tennessee at Pittsburgh
Minnesota at Detroit, Kas = the prophet
Oakland at Indianapolis, does anyone suggest otherwise? lol
Seattle at Carolina, suck it Cam
Kansas City at Jacksonville

Late
Arizona at St. Louis, Rams are a good team
Green Bay at San Francisco, Fraudgers gonna come out guns ablazing

Night
NY Giants at Dallas

MON, SEP 9
Philadelphia at Washington, very interested to see how RG3's game is gonna look. If he leaves early or plays like shit I'd expect Philly to win actually
Houston at San Diego, poor rivers is stuck with such a sack of shit in SD

eznark

Banned
I don't remember the scoring for the latest draft I did but in every draft I've run KUBIAK has projected Rodgers to be anywhere from 6-30 points higher. I guess it depends on the interceptions (and in one draft my buddy decided to go back to 6 points for rushing TD's because us number nerds had been eschewing backs for years and dominating).

squicken

Yahoo standard scoring gives Rodgers the edge 348 - 332

I'm not good at math, obviously, but it might make sense to make sure you get a top QB in Bowsers league. Getting 40 TDs at 6pts per TD vs 30 TDs I think makes Rodgers/Manning/Brady/Brees more valuable than anyone but Peterson. That QB tier 1 to QB tier 2 is a bigger drop-off now than with standard scoring

eznark

Banned
Yahoo standard scoring gives Rodgers the edge 348 - 332

I'm not good at math, obviously, but it might make sense to make sure you get a top QB in Bowsers league. Getting 40 TDs at 6pts per TD vs 30 TDs I think makes Rodgers/Manning/Brady/Brees more valuable than anyone but Peterson. That QB tier 1 to QB tier 2 is a bigger drop-off now than with standard scoring

False!

The marginal difference between any of the top 12 quarterback is much less than the marginal difference between the tiers of other positions. In fact this year, the best "reach" pick is easily Jimmy Graham as the gulf between him and the second TE is astronomical.

effzee

Are the Titans the least liked, mentioned, and "just there" team in the league? Is there even a fan here to represent them?

Baltimore at Denver
New England at Buffalo - don't fail me, Kenbrell Thompkins
Cincinnati at Chicago
Miami at Cleveland
Atlanta at New Orleans
Tampa Bay at NY Jets
Tennessee at Pittsburgh
Minnesota at Detroit - Should be a win, if not something is very wrong
Oakland at Indianapolis
Seattle at Carolina
Kansas City at Jacksonville
Arizona at St. Louis
Green Bay at San Francisco - I wish my team/organization was like...either team, but especially 49ers
NY Giants at Dallas - lol Romo

Philadelphia at Washington - RIP RG3
Houston at San Diego

squicken

False!

The marginal difference between any of the top 12 quarterback is much less than the marginal difference between the tiers of other positions. In fact this year, the best "reach" pick is easily Jimmy Graham as the gulf between him and the second TE is astronomical.

Wasn't sure in a 6pt per passing TD league, since fewer guys will throw for 40 for lots will throw for 30. Cheat sheets say still go RB even if all TDs are 6 pts

effzee

not hyped at all. This Eagles D is so ass. Glad I have RGIII/Garcon in fantasy for this week.

Great defenses don't really exist or guarantee success. Of course the Eagles D is going to be ass but as teams prove every season a good offense overcomes poor D. Even the 08-10 Eagles teams which made the playoffs, made it purely because of the offense.

Hope to see better effort across the board on defense. It really can't get worse than the last 2 years. Maybe by seasons end we can identify some keepers and by next year run the ideal 3-4 Chip wants to run.

squicken

Are the Titans the least liked, mentioned, and "just there" team in the league? Is there even a fan here to represent them?

Every podcast I listen to brings this up. The most forgotten team in the NFL. I guess the Jags steal all the "bad" stories they would otherwise get

cajunator

Banned
Brees, Colston, Moore, Graham, Watson, Stills, Toon, Meachem, Tanner, Sproles, Thomas, Ingram. I think the offense is gonna be pretty good like usual. The defense is the question mark once again. Who knows.

Zelda: Wind Waker HD is fucking GORGEOUS.

Its out soon right?

LT football Life is about to come back on, watch it with me!
Attention please.

Just reminding you all the Dolphins gonna get this D on Sunday:

Cyanide_Happiness_Humping_zpsbbafee3f.gif
Lol, they sure are!!!!! Tranny gonna get that work!! Starting Cleveland D in two of my leagues. Tranny gonna get worked!

cajunator

Banned
October 4th in stores, two weeks early via digital on the Nintendo E-Shop.

Broke like a bitch and picked up Rayman Legends tonight, too. Ill play some tommorrow night.

Oh thats right. Rayman is out too. I got a GS notification. I hate that place so much but I preorder there a lot because my friends work there.

Tabris

If you're going to do it, the Canadians in question are Tabris and crimzonflame.

You can also put me under BC Lions :)

Lions have back to back against the Tiger-Cats. Do you guys think they can still win the division or is the Roughriders's lead too much? Sheets may actually break the all-time season rushing record at the current pace, so if he stays on fire like this I don't think we have a chance.

effzee

Don't go QB early unless you're in some ridiculous 16+ teams league.

I told myself I'd be in only 1 league this year. Ended up in 3.

My work league is 14 teams deep. Picking past pick 10, QBs really come into play. Only the FF elite QBs though. Taking Rodgers, Manning, or Brees at pick 11-14 isn't crazy IMO. Especially with the quick turnaround for your 2nd pick, you can still pick up the 2nd tier RBs available at that point.

The other two leagues are 12 teams and 10 teams. You can really tell the difference. Personally I prefer the 14-16 owners leagues. You really have to know the players and use some strategy. The 10 team league I could have let Yahoo pick and no matter what ended up with a great team.

Every podcast I listen to brings this up. The most forgotten team in the NFL. I guess the Jags steal all the "bad" stories they would otherwise get

Yeah I don't even know their roster at all. Especially on the defense. They are never on Sportscenter, NFL Insiders, NFL Live, or any of other 100 NFL shows ESPN has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom