• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about blowup dolls (of men)?

You gotta do what you gotta do. Whatever makes you happy, bro.

Well that is one way for the Jets to take the controversy out of Starting Geno. Does the league have any policy for IR? I thought that Sanchize wasnt even hurt that bad.

They will probably throw Mark down some stairs to make it worse.

smh. I forget how young you are. Young enough not to see the glory of Drew Bledsoe's statuesque patting of the ball a billion times before checking down to Leroy Thompson.

BTW I had no idea Bledsoe's middle name was McQueen. What a dude.

I like XBL, it does what I want it to do and I need it to play/talk with my friends. Super PS+ is better with the free games, but it is what it is.

And I've heard the stories about Bledsoe. If I was born a year later, my name would probably be Drew.

My son will be named Thomas McQueen.

MechDX

are mancrushes okay?

tumblr_mq40dwD8xa1r31inoo1_500.png

<3 <3 <3 That's one sexy beast!

Dragon

Banned
Not sure why? I see you post a ton in Xbox threads letting everyone one know how much you dislike the XB1. You will never find a post like that from me about any of the consoles.

I'm pretty vocal about things I like and things I don't. I don't like the Xbox One. I'm also a pretty negative person; you're obviously not. Take solace in that and don't take me seriously.

Godslay

Banned
Man this really is a perfect description. You getting an XB1 at launch?

I'm not sure yet. I want Crimson Dragon, but I think I'll hold out till Titanfall. I'll get a PS4 some time later, but I'll end up with both.

As far as not playing Titanfall on PC, Quite a few guys that I play with that don't PC game. So really that friends list always pulls me back to XBL.

Xbox Live is a terrible value, forgive me for wanting a fellow Pats fan to share in the glory of Steam/PS+.

I can't really hate someone I've never met, honestly. I do tend to prosthelytize though, I'll try to curb that.

These two sentences together kinda made me :jnc

I have all of them to be honest. Most of the guys I play with that I know in person, have 360s and game on that pretty much exclusively (at least for online games). That is worth the price of admission for me, which is low enough to not bother me.

I have PS+, but the only person I know that games on it is a dude a work and we've played Dragon's Crown and Soul Sacrifice. The free games are nice as well.

Steam is great, but I tend to play singleplayer games on the pc, so I don't really use the multiplayer. I guess the only time I do is when we play TF2 at work, but that really hasn't happened much.

I'm just ribbing you as far as the Hova thing, but you've got to think that most of the guys on this board are aware of PS+ and Steam and what they offer.

Anyways back to work!

Dragon

Banned
I have all of them to be honest. Most of the guys I play with that I know in person, have 360s and game on that pretty much exclusively (at least for online games). That is worth the price of admission for me, which is low enough to not bother me.

I have PS+, but the only person I know that games on it is a dude a work and we've played Dragon's Crown and Soul Sacrifice. The free games are nice as well.

Steam is great, but I tend to play singleplayer games on the pc, so I don't really use the multiplayer. I guess the only time I do is when we play TF2 at work, but that really hasn't happened much.

I'm just ribbing you as far as the Hova thing, but you've got to think that most of the guys on this board are aware of PS+ and Steam and what they offer.

Anyways back to work!

Yeah honestly I don't play a ton of multiplayer. Really just playing The Last of Us with a buddy which has been pretty awesome. I totally get that. And you're right about acting like I know better than most of the people here, I'm sure it's annoying :p. Kinda try to curb that, except about football. Because obviously anyone who roots for the Broncos needs education on that front!

effzee

What was SNES actually banned for?

I know it was gaming side related but forget the actual post or reason.

Some of them continue to.:(

Hopefully with a move to 3-4 and Chip/Gamble in charge of personnel now, the Eagles will finally after 15 seasons put some real value on the LB position.

I'm not sure yet. I want Crimson Dragon, but I think I'll hold out till Titanfall. I'll get a PS4 some time later, but I'll end up with both.

As far as not playing Titanfall on PC, Quite a few guys that I play with that don't PC game. So really that friends list always pulls me back to XBL.

That is cool. I still cant believe how good Crimson Dragon looks. I hope being a launch game gets more people to check it out then normally would. If it does well they will do a PDS style of game. I cant even imagine how awesome a next-gen PDS game could be.

Dragon

Banned
What was SNES actually banned for?

I know it was gaming side related but forget the actual post or reason.

snes banning timeline should be up there with Zelda timeline.

I think snes was permed for shitting on some mods in private chat in IRC and having it pasted to the mods. Then I inadvertently (note: some people find this arguable) outed him in a WiiU thread like six months ago. I'm assuming whenever he's found out he just gets permed.

I figured the wrong mod must have just seen a Clark post and put 2 and 2 together. Next alt he comes back with he needs to use an ip spoofer or something to throw them off.

methodman

Banned
snes banning timeline should be up there with Zelda timeline.

I think snes was permed for shitting on some mods in private chat in IRC and having it pasted to the mods. Then I inadvertently (note: some people find this arguable) outed him in a WiiU thread like six months ago. I'm assuming whenever he's found out he just gets permed.

admit it, you hated him like you hate smokey. :jnc

both are great dudes!

cajunator

Banned
Haha you know how this thread goes. It's very confrontational and hostile, which is part of the fun when people don't take it seriously. It's hard to hate someone that has to root for Matt Schaub.

You're an alright dude, dude.

I am first and foremost a Nintendo fan. Easily the gaming company I support the most.

Hahaha not one of the ESPN experts picked the Bears to make the playoffs. I see that as good. I remember when no one on ESPN gave the Bears a chance to win the 2007 NFC Championship game either.

Dragon

Banned
I am first and foremost a Nintendo fan. Easily the gaming company I support the most.

Yeah we all have our preferences obviously. Some are just more rational about them than others :p.

Hahaha not one of the ESPN experts picked the Bears to make the playoffs. I see that as good. I remember when no one on ESPN gave the Bears a chance to win the 2007 NFC Championship game either.

Do the Bears have Sexy Rexy this time?!!

Bowser

I think you're only looking at one set of writers:

NFC: http://espn.go.com/nfl/preview13/story/_/id/9605585/experts-nfl-predictions-2013
AFC: http://espn.go.com/nfl/preview13/story/_/id/9605486/experts-nfl-predictions-2013
National: http://espn.go.com/nfl/preview13/story/_/id/9605608/experts-nfl-predictions-2013

There's actually 4 guys who picked the Bears to make the playoffs.

I laugh at everyone on the Saints and Falcons nuts. One of those teams is guaranteed to miss the playoffs, and I wouldn't be surprised if both did.

lol we aren't going to get anything as glorious as the buttfumble, it just can't be topped, why drag him out any longer.

Because every time the Jets lose, I win. I enjoy their missery. This year though I need them at their best (5-11) so they pick 3rd at the highest in the draft.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
lol we aren't going to get anything as glorious as the buttfumble, it just can't be topped, why drag him out any longer.

I've deduced a Rosencopter where the QB then lands face first into the ass of his lineman causing him to buttfumble would be the only thing that would top that.

Syrinx

As a Bucs fan...I feel like with all of the negative talk and mocking about the Jets and their qiuarterback situation (not undeservedly so), that Geno Smith is going to come out on Sunday and beat the ever-loving shit out of us. That's just how things often seem to work out.

Fantomex

I usually do this request this once a month. If any of you can find the clip of Danny Wuerfell getting his helmet knocked backwards while playing for the Saints I would be in your debt. I think it would make a fitting gif for our Fort.

Also, where's Old Man Bionic. I'm trying to get a hold of him.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Barkevious Mingo in full pads and uniform at practice!

Might still be a chance he plays Sunday. I still think they'll play it safe and hold him out.

Also Dolphins gonna get that old man stink all over them after Weeden totally slangs up and down the field.

eznark

Banned

Does every team need to be picked or something? Bears fucking suck this year.

Dragon

Banned
I usually do this request this once a month. If any of you can find the clip of Danny Wuerfell getting his helmet knocked backwards while playing for the Saints I would be in your debt. I think it would make a fitting gif for our Fort.

Also, where's Old Man Bionic. I'm trying to get a hold of him.

This?

wuerffel.jpg

MechDX

Barkevious Mingo in full pads and uniform at practice!

Might still be a chance he plays Sunday. I still think they'll play it safe and hold him out.

Also Dolphins gonna get that old man stink all over them after Weeden totally slangs up and down the field.

The cat is getting feisty!

As a Bucs fan...I feel like with all of the negative talk and mocking about the Jets and their qiuarterback situation (not undeservedly so), that Geno Smith is going to come out on Sunday and beat the ever-loving shit out of us. That's just how things often seem to work out.

I think that was going to happen regardless of who was at QB, you guys looked terrible during the preseason.

Because every time the Jets lose, I win. I enjoy their missery. This year though I need them at their best (5-11) so they pick 3rd at the highest in the draft.

They will find a way to get enough wins to screw up next year, I'm not too worried.

I've deduced a Rosencopter where the QB then lands face first into the ass of his lineman causing him to buttfumble would be the only thing that would top that.

Hmmm now I really want to see that...ok let the sanchize start! Bum shoulder and all!

Syrinx

I think that was going to happen regardless of who was at QB, you guys looked terrible during the preseason.

I was only able to watch the New England game, but yeah, they were dreadful. I don't think Mark Sanchez was going to tear us up, cause he's Mark Sanchez, but the way the Bucs looked, he probably wouldn't need to. Oh well, preseason and all that.

I was only able to watch the New England game, but yeah, they were dreadful. I don't think Mark Sanchez was going to tear us up, cause he's Mark Sanchez, but the way the Bucs looked, he probably wouldn't need to. Oh well, preseason and all that.

Well I'm rooting for you guys because fuck the jests so put out some taco bell at each endzone or something to motivate freeman,

cdyhybrid

What can I say? I'm turning a new leaf. I'm also no longer holding all of the shitty mouth breathing Giants fans I encounter in my daily life against the fans here. Unfortunately Seahawks fans will have no such luck, at least until the wounds have healed from that shitty game. I'm still human after all.

So in short, Falcons have a powerhouse offense and their defense should be decent; they're bound to have another great regular season!

You should be mad at the NFL for the replacement refs, not us!

Bwahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom