• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
I like the Titans to surprise some people. The rest of his list I guess I agree with. How many wins the TB end up with? If it was more than 5 I don't expect them to win more.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Hito - week-long avatar bet? I need to get revenge for last year's disgusting avatar with which you saddled me...
Sure.

bowserav1c_zpsbf7cc2e6.jpg

gutshot

I like the Titans to surprise some people. The rest of his list I guess I agree with. How many wins the TB end up with? If it was more than 5 I don't expect them to win more.

7. Barnwell is really high on them for some reason, he thinks they will win 11 games this year.

Bowser

Bill Barnwell picks the 8 teams that should finish with a better record than last season:

Carolina Panthers
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns
Detroit Lions
Kansas City Chiefs
New Orleans Saints
Philadelphia Eagles
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Hard to see all 3 7-9 NFC South teams from last year finishing with more wins...he's also super high on the Bucs (in his podcast preview series picked them to go 11-5). So it sounds like he's thinking:

Bucs 11-5
Saints 9-7/10-6
Panthers 8-8
Falcons 7-9 (I believe he specifically mentioned Falcons at 7-9 in his podcast).

bionic77

Nike has a full page ad of Megatron on the ESPN site.

So if KAS doesn't post for a few hours no one get worried. I honestly wouldn't expect him around for the next few days. It takes sometime to get a laptop fixed when you get that much splooge on the keyboard.

eznark

Banned
7. Barnwell is really high on them for some reason, he thinks they will win 11 games this year.

So he thinks Revis and Goldson are worth 5 wins? That defense looks pretty sick but when all you need is 17 points to bea them, who gives a shit?

So he thinks Revis and Goldson are worth 5 wins? That defense looks pretty sick but when all you need is 17 points to bea them, who gives a shit?

Goldson will give up 15 yards but make sure to injure the receiver. Maybe thats their new plan, hurt the of the opposing teams receivers.

Does it even work here then? I believe I read that you can't use XBL if you do that or some shit like that. Otherwise a 1000€ sounds like a bargain!

Microsoft seems to think so.

I thought that Phil spencer said that for non-teir 1 countries you can import a console, all games are region free but if you dont speak a support language then the kinect wont understand you and the menus wont be in your language.

jbug617

Banned
Does it even work here then? I believe I read that you can't use XBL if you do that or some shit like that. Otherwise a 1000€ sounds like a bargain!

Yeah it will work. When the console boots up you have to choose a location of one of the launch countries so you choose the location that is convenient for you. The only problem would be if you had to buy something from the online store because you would need either a CC from that country you chose or you have to get points cards from that country (I think you can buy those online)

Console is region free, Games are region free, DLC is region free

cajunator

Banned
Bill Barnwell picks the 8 teams that should finish with a better record than last season:

Carolina Panthers
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns
Detroit Lions
Kansas City Chiefs
New Orleans Saints
Philadelphia Eagles
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

doing better than 7-9 should be relatively easy. Getting past 9-7 will be the hard part unless Saints D really improves.

doing better than 7-9 should be relatively easy. Getting past 9-7 will be the hard part unless Saints D really improves.

The Luxor sports book has a radio show and both hosts yesterday picked the Saints to win the SB, they also both said they believed in the Saints so much that they put their own money down on them to do it.

Falcons fans what are realistic expectations for Steven Jackson?

I'm in 3 FF leagues and while I wasn't going to pick him until unless he fell past round 3, I see he went pretty high in most leagues. And looking at projections he is a plus 12 for most weeks (Yahoo standard scoring). Are fans and fantasy players expecting the Steven Jackson of old? I was under the impression that he is slowed down considerably and will mainly be useful in short yardage and goal-line situations. And even then I expect the Falcons to pass more in the redzone with all the weapons they have.

I think he'll be near the top of the league in TDs.

I thought that Phil spencer said that for non-teir 1 countries you can import a console, all games are region free but if you dont speak a support language then the kinect wont understand you and the menus wont be in your language.

Just read an article, apparently it's not so bad. You just can't pay with a credit card on XBL, but you can buy those prepaid cards for every country online. Besides that you just have to say that you're in the US or the UK or some shit and 99% of it will all work, besides the actual region locked stuff like ESPN.

And when it does release here, you can just change the location.

I'll ride my bike to Germany. Milchjon, put some beer in the fridge!

Yeah it will work. When the console boots up you have to choose a location of one of the launch countries so you choose the location that is convenient for you. The only problem would be if you had to buy something from the online store because you would need either a CC from that country you chose or you have to get points cards from that country (I think you can buy those online)

:D

Milchjon

25€/h German lessons also available.

I can be your credit card proxy. 20% fee per transaction.

Just read an article, apparently it's not so bad. You just can't pay with a credit card on XBL, but you can buy those prepaid cards for every country online. Besides that you just have to say that you're in the US or the UK or some shit and 99% of it will all work, besides the actual region locked stuff like ESPN.

You Euros are so lucky you get either Forza of Fifa for free. I really hope MS does some packin for the US.

Giants have promoted Adewale Ojomo to the 53 man roster after moving Andre Brown to the Designated to Return IR list.

Makes sense as both JPP and DeMontre Moore are iffy for the game on Sunday. (though both appear to be practicing this week).

Colasante

I just read his TB preview. I remain unconvinced.

On paper they can be a great team. They're a third receiver and a quality tight end away from having a dominant offense. Like always, it just comes down to whether they get good Josh Freeman or bad Josh Freeman for the majority of the season. If he plays well, and Nicks and Joseph return to their high level of play, I think they're a definite contender.

Dragon

Banned

:D

Paying for Xbox Live in Europe would be pretty dumb. Unless you use something like unblock-us (Netflix Sweden has the best selection of movies)

25€/h German lessons also available.

I can be your credit card proxy. 20% fee per transaction.

tumblr_mebq9miHe51rvxk04o1_500.gif

You Euros are so lucky you get either Forza of Fifa for free. I really hope MS does some packin for the US.

I'm pretty sure they said that in the countries where the console is delayed, they will add in 2 AAA-games if you pre-order the machine now. But nobody knows which games, so it might be 2 shitty launch titles.

Paying for Xbox Live in Europe would be pretty dumb. Unless you use something like unblock-us (Netflix Sweden has the best selection of movies)

Whut? I use Xbox live to play online and to talk to my bros. I don't need Netflix, blame M$$ for milking us for the same amount whilst giving us like 10% of what you guys get.

Is the xbox with free Fifa cheaper in Europe than buying a PS4 and Fifa?

No, games are 50 to 60 euros here.

Dragon

Banned
Whut? I use Xbox live to play online and to talk to my bros. I don't need Netflix, blame M$$ for milking us for the same amount whilst giving us like 10% of what you guys get.

As much as I hate smokey if that's all you want to do why wouldn't you just go the Steam Route? Yeah you'd pay more for a comp initially but 60 * 7 adds up to a fuckload of money over time. And saying you don't need Netflix is dumb, Netflix, while eventually going to go out of business, made me not have to pay Time Warner or AT&T anything but 30 bucks a month. Save money you youngin.

Is the xbox with free Fifa cheaper in Europe than buying a PS4 and Fifa?

No.

I believe PS4 is 399 Euros, 349 pounds while the Xbone is 499, 429.

As much as I hate smokey if that's all you want to do why wouldn't you just go the Steam Route? Yeah you'd pay more for a comp initially but 60 * 7 adds up to a fuckload of money over time. And saying you don't need Netflix is dumb, Netflix, while eventually going to go out of business, made me not have to pay Time Warner or AT&T anything but 30 bucks a month. Save money you youngin.

I don't go the Steam Route because I don't have a PC, and I love consoles, plus all my friends have a Xbox. A year XBL is like 40 euros online and usually you get 1 or 2 months extra, that's not even 1 game in a year.

Netflix here is shit at the moment and TV isn't as expensive as it is in the US, plus I go to the cinema almost once every week, so I don't need Netflix to watch movies and stuff.

are mancrushes okay?

Should I link you to some of my Brady posts? Or should I just repost them?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Carolina Panthers
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns
Detroit Lions
Kansas City Chiefs
New Orleans Saints
Philadelphia Eagles
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

I followed a few links and ended up on this about Pat Shurmur that just got my blood boiling again:

Worst Coach of 2012
Pat Shurmur, Cleveland Browns

It's not that Shurmur made one bad decision in one particular aspect of the game in 2012; it's that he made obviously wrong calls in so many different spots. He failed to go for two up 15-10 in the fourth quarter in Week 1 and it cost him the game in a 17-16 loss. He used a timeout before punting on fourth-and-1 from the Indianapolis 41-yard line with 6:38 left in a close game and ended up having to go for it on fourth-and-6 later on. He called nine pass plays on third/fourth-and-short in one Ravens game alone.

If Shurmur had developed his young talent into successful players, you would excuse his play-calling blunders. Instead, Shurmur failed to develop either Colt McCoy or Brandon Weeden into anything resembling an NFL-caliber starter, ran an injured Trent Richardson into the line for no gain for most of the season, and left the Cleveland organization with a lot of young players who have failed to reach anything resembling their potential. Bizarrely, he was hired by Chip Kelly to serve as Philadelphia's new offensive coordinator, a role that thankfully is unlikely to include play-calling duties. You have to assume that the Eagles are hoping whatever skills Shurmur showed in St. Louis coaching Sam Bradford come out again with Nick Foles in Philadelphia. It's possible that Shurmur could be a better offensive coordinator than a head coach, but only because it's hard to imagine anybody being a worse head coach.

Looking back I'm really surprised we even managed 5 wins last year.

Godslay

Banned

Dragon, the Jehovah's Witness of Neogaf, always trying to get someone to like what you like.

Also how can you hate Smokey? Good guy.

Dragon

Banned
I don't go the Steam Route because I don't have a PC, and I love consoles, plus all my friends have a Xbox. A year XBL is like 40 euros online and usually you get 1 or 2 months extra, that's not even 1 game in a year.

Netflix here is shit at the moment and TV isn't as expensive as it is in the US, plus I go to the cinema almost once every week, so I don't need Netflix to watch movies and stuff.

smh. I forget how young you are. Young enough not to see the glory of Drew Bledsoe's statuesque patting of the ball a billion times before checking down to Leroy Thompson.

BTW I had no idea Bledsoe's middle name was McQueen. What a dude.

Dragon, the Jehovah's Witness of Neogaf, always trying to get someone to like what you like.

Also how can you hate Smokey? Good guy.

Xbox Live is a terrible value, forgive me for wanting a fellow Pats fan to share in the glory of Steam/PS+.

I can't really hate someone I've never met, honestly. I do tend to prosthelytize though, I'll try to curb that.

Man this really is a perfect description. You getting an XB1 at launch?

These two sentences together kinda made me :jnc

So the Sanchize might end up on IR:

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo 5m

Know Rex said NYJ not looking at IR for Sanchez right now, but that's very much in play. Depends on progress in days/wks. Hasn't thrown yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom