• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Hey I don't hate the Seahawks. Other then the Bills I don't really fully despise any team in the NFL.

All I'm saying is I'm just representing for Phil Dawson so at the same time I represent FMT.

I wish nothing but the best for the Seahawks...just as long as they're under the 49ers.
So in other words, the Browns are your main team while the 49ers are your secondary team?

eznark

Banned
Jesus Christ it's impossible to find quality glasses in anything but the hipster thick Rim style at my optometrist. This sucks!

bionic77

Jesus Christ it's impossible to find quality glasses in anything but the hipster thick Rim style at my optometrist. This sucks!
I am going to order my next pair from Parker Warby. 95 bucks for the frame and lenses. They will send you some to try on too.

I usually pay $300+ at my optometrist.

No lie if I really have to go I'm debating driving home :jnc
Pretty sure that is not the Trent Truck way.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So in other words, the Browns are your main team while the 49ers are your secondary team?

I just wish all the best for the 49ers is all.

If I were handing out bags of dicks to every team the 49ers would probably be the last team to get the bag and it'd be empty.

Talon

Falcons fans what are realistic expectations for Steven Jackson?

I'm in 3 FF leagues and while I wasn't going to pick him until unless he fell past round 3, I see he went pretty high in most leagues. And looking at projections he is a plus 12 for most weeks (Yahoo standard scoring). Are fans and fantasy players expecting the Steven Jackson of old? I was under the impression that he is slowed down considerably and will mainly be useful in short yardage and goal-line situations. And even then I expect the Falcons to pass more in the redzone with all the weapons they have.
Michael Turner scored 10 TDs last year, and he was dreadful in short yardage last season.

Plus he's averaged about 40 passes the last 3 seasons, and he'll be playing along side Julio Jones, Roddy White, and Tony Gonzalez.

I expect him to cross 1200 yards, around 14+ TDs rushing and receiving, and about 35 catches for about 300-400 yards.

Greg

Picking mine out was worse than shopping for clothes.

I just grabbed 2 and asked the lady which looked better. She probably lied and they both looked like shit, but I don't care.

Qtk3Daj.jpg

#walmart

eznark

Banned
Picking mine out was worse than shopping for clothes.

I just grabbed 2 and asked the lady which looked better. She probably lied and they both looked like shit, but I don't care.

Qtk3Daj.jpg

#walmart

This lady always tries to talk me into round glasses. She may be the only person in the world with worse taste than me. Unfortunately my wife went to Boston this morning so I am on my own!

Hm. Duck Dynasty branded glasses!

Greg

This lady always tries to talk me into round glasses. She may be the only person in the world with worse taste than me. Unfortunately my wife went to Boston this morning so I am on my own!

Time to be blind for a few extra days. I don't like making those kinds of decisions.

KingGondo

Banned

I can vouch for Warby Parker as well. Order a home try-on and you'll find something nice.

And so, the Geno Smith Era begins.

It'd be so very nice to get at least Sanchez 2009-quality play from Smith. He doesn't have to be great - just good enough to not have buttfumble moments and let the defense help out.

Gonna be hard to do that unless those RBs (Ivory/Powell/Goodson after game 5) can actually advance the football, though.

ChanHuk

Banned
Capitalism, my friend.

Chan, let me hear your offer

Best German, I don't have the financial backing like Worst German does with his rich daddy. But what I can offer you is something Worst German cannot. Dignity and the right to take his daddy's wallet from him.

MechDX

So Andre on the radio conformed that schaub was playing with a injury last year. Which everybody knew and explains alot but texans refused to say anything. He also said he sucked without saying he sucked. Validation!

Transcript the second part

Good job.

When in doubt, just buy the most expensive thing available, since it's obviously the best.

Hey man you getting an XB1 on launch day? With the friends list increase coming we need to get an NFL gaf list going. I know that me and witchking will be getting on at launch. Sucks that it is still 2.5 months away.

Wrayfield

Michael Turner scored 10 TDs last year, and he was dreadful in short yardage last season.

Plus he's averaged about 40 passes the last 3 seasons, and he'll be playing along side Julio Jones, Roddy White, and Tony Gonzalez.

I expect him to cross 1200 yards, around 14+ TDs rushing and receiving, and about 35 catches for about 300-400 yards.

Woah, these are almost Reggie Bush numbers right there. Easy Cowboy! :)

Hey man you getting an XB1 on launch day? With the friends list increase coming we need to get an NFL gaf list going. I know that me and witchking will be getting on at launch. Sucks that it is still 2.5 months away.

Launch is delayed here.

Won't be out 'till February or something, since M$ doesn't give a fuck about us.

bionic77

How long will it take Ravens age to turn on Flacco if he sucks this year?

Normally I would say that a SB would buy you at least two years, but I don't really understand the mind of criminals so I am wondering how Raven fans are going to handle the disappointment that comes with mediocrity.

Talon

Woah, these are almost Reggie Bush numbers right there. Easy Cowboy! :)
Except 1200 yards | 35 catches for 300-400 yards are hardly out of line with his numbers the last three seasons, outside of TDs. And I'm hard pressed to say that Michael Turner is a hugely better goal line rusher than Stephen Jackson - he just actually had opportunities on a good offense.

Steven Jackson
2012: 1045 yards | 38 Catches - 321 yards
2011: 1145 yards | 42 Catches - 333 yards
2010: 1241 yards | 46 Catches - 383 yards

Not hard to imagine that he's going to get the most goal line opportunities of his career. Not to mention that Smith is fond of pounding the rock and throwing into the flat down there.

LJ11

Great article...I remember being livid when Hurney picked Kuechly because I thought Beason was going to come back healthy. Boy was I wrong.

Nothing wrong with having two stud linebackers, teams just undervalued the position the last half decade and you had good players slipping into the 2nd day. Now they're a must with the spread offenses.

Going into the College season I thought he was probably another great white hype since I never watched him play a down, then I watched him... Kept getting into arguments with Bills fans about.

Lavonte David was the better cover guy coming out imo, but Kuechly did just about everything else better. David is still one of the best players in coverage I've seen.

xnipx

How long will it take Ravens age to turn on Flacco if he sucks this year?

Normally I would say that a SB would buy you at least two years, but I don't really understand the mind of criminals so I am wondering how Raven fans are going to handle the disappointment that comes with mediocrity.

How do steelers fans feel about Ben? 2 SBs right?

Except 1200 yards | 35 catches for 300-400 yards are hardly out of line with his numbers the last three seasons, outside of TDs. And I'm hard pressed to say that Michael Turner is a hugely better goal line rusher than Stephen Jackson - he just actually had opportunities on a good offense.

Steven Jackson
2012: 1045 yards | 38 Catches - 321 yards
2011: 1145 yards | 42 Catches - 333 yards
2010: 1241 yards | 46 Catches - 383 yards

Not hard to imagine that he's going to get the most goal line opportunities of his career. Not to mention that Smith is fond of pounding the rock and throwing into the flat down there.

I hope he does do those numbers. But the dude is 31. I question whether he still has it.

Bowser

Nothing wrong with having two stud linebackers, teams just undervalued the position the last half decade and you had good players slipping into the 2nd day. Now they're a must with the spread offenses.

Going into the College season I thought he was probably another great white hype since I never watched him play a down, then I watched him... Kept getting into arguments with Bills fans about.

Lavonte David was the better cover guy coming out imo, but Kuechly did just about everything else better. David is still one of the best players in coverage I've seen.

Yeah, coverage is probably Kuechly's weakest aspect, although I think he's going to improve there because he just seems like the kind of guy that has the ethic to make sure he keeps getting better. I think some of that improvement has already manifested itself just by watching him in the Ravens game a few weeks ago - lulled Flacco into that redzone pick.

gutshot

Bill Barnwell picks the 8 teams that should finish with a better record than last season:

Carolina Panthers
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns
Detroit Lions
Kansas City Chiefs
New Orleans Saints
Philadelphia Eagles
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

bionic77

How do steelers fans feel about Ben? 2 SBs right?
Ben is one of the best qb's in the game for the 3 games he is healthy every year. He is also a scumbag who can't be trusted around fat women or motorcycles.

The Steelers made a poor decision by not picking up Tebow and making him the starting qb, coach, team pastor, and head of operations.

Still a poor analogy to Flacco, because Ben has been consistently very good throughout his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom