• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like where this is going...

Dutch, I'll give you a new PS3 if you jump ship and become a Dolphins fan. You'd better hurry, if you wait much longer you won't be able to say you liked them before they were good.

I'll change my pick-em pick from the Browns to the Dolphins. But that's how far I will go. I can't root for a fishy mammal toothpaste company.

Trasher

Soo why did it take this long to admit it? God I can't wait for Schwartz to be fired.

Delmas still limited in practice. I honestly think his career is almost over, sadly.

He thinks he's Belicheat.

We should just limit Delmas to 10 plays a game and pick them wisely!

Founders makes amazing beer. Goldy and any other Michigander will back me up here if they've been there. If you are ever in Michigan, try to stop by there.

Bowser

Panthers are only 3.5 point underdogs to the 'Hawks. Either Vegas thinks pretty highly of the Panthers or the Seahawks are overrated as fuck.

We get 3 points for home field, so at Seattle we'd be +9.5. Plus, Seattle historically struggles on the East Coast and specifically East Coast 1:00pm games. Add that it's week 1 and weird shit always happens week 1 and I think +3.5 is a fair line.

SI_DougFarrar @SI_DougFarrar
Welp. Steve Smith said on conference call that Rob Chudzinski was auditioning for a HC gig last year. Got away from optimal style.

SteveReedAP 3:25pm via TweetDeck
Steve Smith on Rob Chudzinski: “I think it was really a power move of the prior offensive coordinator to position himself to really show...
...that ‘hey, I’m capable’ and I really believe it was applying for that head coaching job and I think our offense kind of suffered a...
...a little bit because of that. At times we got cute and did things that necessarily wasn’t us. And the un-utilizing of Mike Tolbert...
...Just a lot of different things. So we’re out of that, the past is in the past, we’re moving forward."

Smitty DGAF, tellin' it like it is...

Talon

What's the over/under on personal fouls in that Carolina-Seahawks game between Sherman/Browner and Smith bitching at each other? I think the most we got between DHall and Smith were 4 with 3 of those coming in one drive.

squicken

We get 3 points for home field, so at Seattle we'd be +9.5. Plus, Seattle historically struggles on the East Coast and specifically East Coast 1:00pm games. Add that it's week 1 and weird shit always happens week 1 and I think +3.5 is a fair line.

Smitty DGAF, tellin' it like it is...

Maybe that it is true about Chud. But I really think you are going to miss him when you see Shula working his magic. Hopefully he has held some stuff back, but it would be criminal to try and make Cam a full time drop back pocket passer

Agree, I moved out of the house at 19, moved to Texas from Wisconsin and never looked back. Love all the people making excuses as why its ok to live with your parents when your 25+

It depends upon circumstance, in my opinion. If you aren't planning for the future then yes, being your parents house past your mid-20's is indicative of there being a problem -- of which I hope any sensible parent would confront, but I digress. If someone manages to have an arrangement where they are contributing and moving toward goals, I'm not sure why it would be a big deal? In my life I've seen both examples: people who stayed with their parents, went to college, got married and moved out; and people who are still at home, not working and not pursuing an education. Everyone has their tolerance level, and every family dynamic is unique.

What's the over/under on personal fouls in that Carolina-Seahawks game between Sherman/Browner and Smith bitching at each other? I think the most we got between DHall and Smith were 4 with 3 of those coming in one drive.

Worse than Sherman/Roddy?

Godslay

Banned
Hopefully all these Broncos Superbowl picks don't end up jinxing it. Can't suffer another failed attempt.

Can't jinx greatness, either the team shows up and gets the job done or they don't.

Oh, boo hoo. You only have two Superbowl titles and had John Fucking Elway leading your team for two decades.

Yeah, so what do you want us to do? Lay down and let the Falcons win it? What's the fun in that? If you would have drafted better or shown up in the Superbowl you might have had a title.

Agree, I moved out of the house at 19, moved to Texas from Wisconsin and never looked back. Love all the people making excuses as why its ok to live with your parents when your 25+

I mean, I love my parents and all...but I don't want to live with them ever again.

Talon

Yeah, so what do you want us to do? Lay down and let the Falcons win it? What's the fun in that? If you would have drafted better or shown up in the Superbowl you might have had a title.
That team wasn't winning that game no matter what - regardless of Eugene Robinson's transsexual fuss up.

Even a 12-year-old me knew that. One of the worst teams to make the Superbowl in history. Up there with the meh Cardinals and the Delhomme Panthers.

Vyroxis

Banned

I moved out at 18, before I even graduated. Never looked back. Such an awesome feeling.

Jeff-DSA

Man, it's about time to swap out the avatar for a Dolphins one. Yeah, I know...

I'm guessing that 8-8 would be considered a huge success for Miami this year, but I'm banking on 7-9 or 6-10. I guess if they stay healthy and other teams don't that they could miraculously go 9-7, but there's no way they'd do that without lots of help along the way.

Still, I'm really excited for the season. There's going to be so many good storylines this year, especially when the NFC becomes a massive logjam at the top with the season winding down.

Man, it's about time to swap out the avatar for a Dolphins one. Yeah, I know...

I'm guessing that 8-8 would be considered a huge success for Miami this year, but I'm banking on 7-9 or 6-10. I guess if they stay healthy and other teams don't that they could miraculously go 9-7, but there's no way they'd do that without lots of help along the way.

Still, I'm really excited for the season. There's going to be so many good storylines this year, especially when the NFC becomes a massive logjam at the top with the season winding down.

That's the spirit! Fins up!

KingGondo

Banned
I had a Great Lakes Burning River in Cleveland last year, and it was so delicious it made me forget about the football abortion I had witnessed the day before.

Smokey

Haha no, that was when I argued with you about Steam shizzle in here actually. I have a great memory (except when it comes to Packers championships) and will never forget a slight my friend!

I have no memory of this but taking a wild guess it probably had to do with you saying consoles are superior. But this was before 8GB GDDR5 so I really don't know what that convo was about!

Talon

How expensive/cheap and easy is it to find something in the US? Here you pay a lot for a small ass room, that is if you're lucky to find anything within 2 years.
Depends. In Chicago, my first place was $700 a month, but we lived in a nice part of town with roommates. You could find a suitable place for $560.

If you live in suburban areas, say 40 minutes out of Chicago or Atlanta, you could easily pay $500 for an apartment in a complex.

MechDX

Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith

#Broncos coach Mike McCoy said #Texans' Gary Kubiak gave him advice after taking job and McCoy has kept it: "It will get done." #NFL

Sorry Chargers fans

Godslay

Banned
That team wasn't winning that game no matter what - regardless of Eugene Robinson's transsexual fuss up.

Even a 12-year-old me knew that. One of the worst teams to make the Superbowl in history. Up there with the meh Cardinals and the Delhomme Panthers.

That's pretty much what they said about the Broncos the year before, but they went in and beat the Pack.

The Packers, who entered the game as the defending Super Bowl XXXI champions after posting a 13-3 regular season record, were the first team favored to win by double digits to lose a Super Bowl since Super Bowl IV.

Depends. In Chicago, my first place was $700 a month, but we lived in a nice part of town with roommates. You could find a suitable place for $560.

If you live in suburban areas, say 40 minutes out of Chicago or Atlanta, you could easily pay $500 for an apartment in a complex.

Wonder how the cost of living for an average student is different in the US compared to here regarding food and stuff.

Also, 600 bucks in the centre of Amsterdam gives you a room the size of a Gitmo cell and you have to share a bathroom with 20.000 disgusting students. But because it's a damn miracle that a room like that opens up, people still take it. Guess that's what happens in a country this small, and this crowded.

How did you get 700 bucks a month though? Were you still in college at the time?

Best German, how's that in Germanland? Is it easy/affordable to get a place?

Talon

That's pretty much what they said about the Broncos the year before, but they went in and beat the Pack.
Dude, let's not compare teams helmed by John Elway to those helmed by Christopher Chandelier and Jake "Bojangles" Delhomme.
Wonder how the cost of living for an average student is different in the US compared to here regarding food and stuff.

Also, 600 bucks in the centre of Amsterdam gives you a room the size of a Gitmo cell and you have to share a bathroom with 20.000 disgusting students. But because it's a damn miracle that a room like that opens up, people still take it. Guess that's what happens in a country this small, and this crowded.
On my leanest days in college, I could get by spending less than $30/week on food. Ate a lot of hummos and pasta.

Of course, now with real money, it seems like I spend closer to $60/week - not including eating out.

Bowser

L51w8ym.jpg

Remember this Russell. Remember.

effzee

If you notice the OP is Indian. I am from South East Asia myself and in those countries/cultures the norm is NOT moving but staying with your parents/extended family. A lot of my friends whose parents are from back home don't ever expect or want their kids to move out. Different culture = different norm. Its not pathetic or an excuse.

Hell they view kids moving out at 18 or even after college as "sad" or that their parents don't want them.

Vyroxis

Banned
How expensive/cheap and easy is it to find something in the US? Here you pay a lot for a small ass room, that is if you're lucky to find anything within 2 years.

Get a roomate, and most decent areas you can find a 2 bedroom one bath apartment for about 6-900 a month, if you know where to look. Some places are far far worse, others are way better. My monthly house payment is less than what I would pay for an apartment.

squicken

eh Coaches always do stuff like what Harbaugh is doing. I think every coach that played SF last year made mention of Justin Smith's holding. That Aldon Smith got no sacks on his own will probably make officials just throw flags whenever they see Aldon near a QB

Dragon

Banned
I have no memory of this but taking a wild guess it probably had to do with you saying consoles are superior. But this was before 8GB GDDR5 so I really don't know what that convo was about!

Before February? Man that was a long time ago. I come off like a jackass most of the time, I'm glad you didn't lose sleep over it!

If you notice the OP is Indian. I am from South East Asia myself and in those countries/cultures the norm is NOT moving but staying with your parents/extended family. A lot of my friends whose parents are from back home don't ever expect or want their kids to move out. Different culture = different norm. Its not pathetic or an excuse.

Hell they view kids moving out at 18 or even after college as "sad" or that their parents don't want them.

I'm sure it is culturally related, and that should be kept in mind. I've lived alone for four years and really wouldn't want it any other way.

Get a roomate, and most decent areas you can find a 2 bedroom one bath apartment for about 6-900 a month, if you know where to look. Some places are far far worse, others are way better. My monthly house payment is less than what I would pay for an apartment.

I have a place with 3 roommates. Luckily my dad knows some people with real estate.

I'm Mexican and I have cousins in Mexico that still live their parents, it's totally normal over there and actually my cousins that live here in the US are also still living at home, I currently live with my dad but that's because he had surgery and couldn't work/take care of himself so he moved in with me. I just don't think it's that weird, how is it any different than living with a roommate?

Dragon

Banned
I'm Mexican and I have cousins in Mexico that still live their parents, it's totally normal over there and actually my cousins that live here in the US are also still living at home, I currently live with my dad but that's because he had surgery and couldn't work/take care of himself so he moved in with me. I just don't think it's that weird, how is it any different than living with a roommate?

Not paying rent vs. paying rent is a pretty big deal. A lot of people look at that as a way for people to not grow up. There are plenty of movies about it too. That stupid movie with Terry Bradshaw's ass for instance (Failure to Launch).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom