• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not paying rent vs. paying rent is a pretty big deal. A lot of people look at that as a way for people to not grow up. There are plenty of movies about it too. That stupid movie with Terry Bradshaw's ass for instance (Failure to Launch).

Well my dad helps me with rent...so that's a different situation I suppose, as for my cousins...yeah I doubt they do, so I see the problem with that. But if you have a job and live at home you definitely need to at least pay rent and split the utilities and then I don't have a problem with it.

effzee

Not paying rent vs. paying rent is a pretty big deal. A lot of people look at that as a way for people to not grow up. There are plenty of movies about it too. That stupid movie with Terry Bradshaw's ass for instance (Failure to Launch).

True. Every South Asian buddy I have who still lives at home contributes as either the main provider for the entire household or at least half of the bills.

I get from the American perspective its seen as limiting independence and stunting growth, but again cultural definitions of "adult" vary a lot.

Jeff-DSA

He can be the most suave and charismatic person on the planet...but he's still a Pats fan...

We just got new next door neighbors. We invited them and their kids over and let them go nuts playing our pinball and arcade machines. Near the end of the night the dad saw some of my Dolphins gear and let slip that he was a Patriots fan. He can come back, but all the machines won't be on free play.

We just got new next door neighbors. We invited them and their kids over and let them go nuts playing our pinball and arcade machines. Near the end of the night the dad saw some of my Dolphins gear and let slip that he was a Patriots fan. He can come back, but all the machines won't be on free play.

You should charge them for drinks/food as well...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Soo why did it take this long to admit it? God I can't wait for Schwartz to be fired.

Delmas still limited in practice. I honestly think his career is almost over, sadly.

*Fist bump*

Seriously, he's an idiot.

this_guy

So Andre on the radio conformed that schaub was playing with a injury last year. Which everybody knew and explains alot but texans refused to say anything. He also said he sucked without saying he sucked. Validation!

Did he mention what type of injury? Seeing TJ Yates and Case Keenum do roll outs and bootlegs compared to Schaub really shows Schaub's lack of mobility. We don't need a QB who can run like RG3, but it would be nice if my QB was faster than me.

Dragon

Banned
He took your awful franchise to the playoffs and they haven't done anything since, I don't know why you hate him so much.

I don't hate him. I envy him. Who wouldn't want to bang co-eds and smoke pot while making millions of dollars a year at the age of 85?

cdyhybrid

I don't hate him. I envy him. Who wouldn't want to bang co-eds and smoke pot while making millions of dollars a year at the age of 85?

Good, you get it. Pete just wins wherever he goes, no matter what he's doing. I'm jelly too, I'd love to have the best coaching job in the NFL!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

F5bpzho.png

Smokey

Did he mention what type of injury? Seeing TJ Yates and Case Keenum do roll outs and bootlegs compared to Schaub really shows Schaub's lack of mobility. We don't need a QB who can run like RG3, but it would be nice if my QB was faster than me.

His foot. Remember the had the surgery that previous season. Guess it was acting up towards mid late last season. Team never said anything though.

And yeah he hold the offense back quite a bit with his goddamn pots for feet

overcast

Tavon Austin has some pretty large expectations. I'm not sure he can hit them. His small build is concerning to me, not sure about him being a #1 receiver, we'll see if his explosiveness makes up for his size that much.

WedgeX

Banned
*Fist bump*

Seriously, he's an idiot.

How the fuck does Schwartz let enough contact go on during non-padded practices for the Lions prized rookie to get a concussion? The Lions have a now-terrible history of concussions under Schwartz, with Best, Spievey, and now Ansah. It'd solve more of our problems if the NFL stepped in to punish Schwartz.

Also, Detroit-area GAF, don't utilize the Henry Ford Health System. Can't even keep the Lions healthy.

What is with people and the Cincinatti Bengals? Is this what Hard Knocks does to people? It's like people forget this team has lost to the Texans twice in the past two years. Might even go up against them again this year.

squicken

Tavon Austin has some pretty large expectations. I'm not sure he can hit them. His small build is concerning to me, not sure about him being a #1 receiver, we'll see if his explosiveness makes up for his size that much.

There's just no other obvious candidate on offense. The draft was all offensive linemen. If EJ Manuel is good then he will obviously win, but I haven't seen too many people who really like him. Not that some later round pick won't win it, but before the season, it just going to be the guy with the most fanfare

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
How the fuck does Schwartz let enough contact go on during non-padded practices for the Lions prized rookie to get a concussion? The Lions have a now-terrible history of concussions under Schwartz, with Best, Spievey, and now Ansah. It'd solve more of our problems if the NFL stepped in to punish Schwartz.

Also, Detroit-area GAF, don't utilize the Henry Ford Health System. Can't even keep the Lions healthy.

Because the man has no control over his team. He's crazy.

What I want to know is how in the world did Ansah get cleared to finish out his practice after his concussion happened?

overcast

There's just no other obvious candidate on offense. The draft was all offensive linemen. If EJ Manuel is good then he will obviously win, but I haven't seen too many people who really like him. Not that some later round pick won't win it, but before the season, it just going to be the guy with the most fanfare
Yeah, it's always going to be the "top" WR/QB/RB. Similar to how most people picked Luck/RG3 last year before the season (Luck obviously won, but Wilson didn't have any expectations and he turned out well).

Even within the fan base, I just don't know how much he can really do. A lot of it depends on Bradford of course, he NEEDS to finally step up. I think it may be him I don't really believe in honestly.

MechDX

What is with people and the Cincinatti Bengals? Is this what Hard Knocks does to people? It's like people forget this team has lost to the Texans twice in the past two years. Might even go up against them again this year.

There has to be a talking heads darling every year. It was the Texans the last couple years.

Man, it's about time to swap out the avatar for a Dolphins one. Yeah, I know...

I'm guessing that 8-8 would be considered a huge success for Miami this year, but I'm banking on 7-9 or 6-10. I guess if they stay healthy and other teams don't that they could miraculously go 9-7, but there's no way they'd do that without lots of help along the way.

Still, I'm really excited for the season. There's going to be so many good storylines this year, especially when the NFC becomes a massive logjam at the top with the season winding down.
8-8 would not be considered a huge success. Anything less than a playoff berth will be considered a failure. 8-8 may be a reasonable prediction but I'm sure the FO expects better.

WedgeX

Banned
Because the man has no control over his team. He's crazy.

What I want to know is how in the world did Ansah get cleared to finish out his practice after his concussion happened?

The Henry Ford Health System is not on par with Oakwood or the DMC...or the University of Michigan, for sports medicine. Yet its supported by the Fords, so the Lions will continue to utilize them even as players practice with obvious brain injuries.

And considering shaving my epic beard off to begin the season. Two years ago when I did the Lions started off great. Must return to the tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom