• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
3sf3de.jpg
I told you when you posted this before, but this is quite possibly one of the dumbest things you can say about Seattle. Fans have always been there, you just never bothered to notice.

Especially now that you're finally able to consider teams outside your own division. :p

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Well, it's not like there's anything else in the Seattle sports scene to bother with.

*pours one out for the Supersonics*

MechDX

Yep, even when SEA sucked dick, that stadium was still one of the most difficult to play in. Probably second only to the Chiefs.

Piped in sound can make a world of difference

Good thing McNair got on the Kraft train and paid the league to schedule the Seahawks at Reliant this year

Zeke

Good thing McNair got on the Kraft train and paid the league to schedule the Seahawks at Reliant this year
thought it was more to do with the stadium design then piped in sound like the colts

KaYotiX

Banned
If you notice the OP is Indian. I am from South East Asia myself and in those countries/cultures the norm is NOT moving but staying with your parents/extended family. A lot of my friends whose parents are from back home don't ever expect or want their kids to move out. Different culture = different norm. Its not pathetic or an excuse.

Hell they view kids moving out at 18 or even after college as "sad" or that their parents don't want them.

Topic was about the USA, but whatever :)

Football tomorrow and that's all I care about now!!!

Pats fans are more human than drug addict raider cambodians.

Raiders have the privilege of being a extension of my deep seeded disdain for the Lakers, and since we all know they're going back to LA eventually they deserve all of their mediocrity. Don't care if they're uniforms are voted best in the NFL. They gave us the Tuck Rule, and Tom Brady. Stupid Oakland.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Well, it's not like there's anything else in the Seattle sports scene to bother with.

*pours one out for the Supersonics*
Haha, harsh but fair. :(

GO SOUNDERS

Again, dumb. It's like you think Seattle fans are a conspiracy by the league.

Topic was about the USA, but whatever :)

Football tomorrow and that's all I care about now!!!

Asians
Indians
South East Asians
South Americans

Can all leave in the US and it would still the norm for their culture. In fact it is the norms for most of them.

Oh and I just realized I will be missing every Monday night game :(

Syrinx

How come Seattle doesn't have a hockey team? Seems like a good fit, you could have a rivalry with the Canucks and whatnot.

cdyhybrid

How come Seattle doesn't have a hockey team? Seems like a good fit, you could have a rivalry with the Canucks and whatnot.

No arena. Once the new Sonics arena gets built (which is contingent on securing an NBA team), it will only be a matter of time, and probably won't take long at all.

Fan base couldn't support that many teams. They are too busy drinking coffee and committing suicide. Maybe its because Washington sucks.

Nah, it's because of the Mariners and Tyrone Willingham. Luckily, most people up here have money, so we can just fly out to Vegas or LA or Hawaii or something when the weather gets shitty. I kinda like the rain though.

Vyroxis

Banned
While working on some pipes at work, I forgot the one basic rule of plumbing my dad taught to me years ago.

Good water go in, bad water go all over you.

I need a shower, for now I know how it feels to be a Browns fan. All wet and covered in nasty shit.

cdyhybrid

While working on some pipes at work, I forgot the one basic rule of plumbing my dad taught to me years ago.

Good water go in, bad water go all over you.

I need a shower, for now I know how it feels to be a Browns fan. All wet and covered in nasty shit.

Or FMT.

Nah, it's because of the Mariners and Tyrone Willingham. Luckily, most people up here have money, so we can just fly out to Vegas or LA or Hawaii or something when the weather gets shitty. I kinda like the rain though.

I really enjoy the northwest but I think the rain would get to me after awhile. There are a lot of good tech jobs in Washington though. And boating out there by the islands is wonderful.

cdyhybrid

I really enjoy the northwest but I think the rain would get to me after awhile. There are a lot of good tech jobs in Washington though. And boating out there by the islands is wonderful.

Isn't it pretty gloomy in the Bay during winter? Obviously not to the extent of the NW, but you would at least be ready for it :p

I think the rain and gloom gives the city a certain character or charm. The truly shitty part is April/May/June, where it's sunny for one day a month to tease you with summer and then 55 and raining the rest of the time.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It's really not the rain, which is rarely ever that heavy, but the clouds. When I lived there it was often overcast in the morning regardless of what the afternoon weather was supposed to be.

I agree about 9ers seahawks being the best rivalry right now, with the exception of maybe oakland KC when those teams are actually decent.

When the 49ers and seahawks play, even before harbaugh and carrol were there, you can tell those teams just HATE each other. The hits and after play antics are brutal and you just feel like somebody is going to get shanked or something heh.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
You mean as terminology or slang? I've never heard it in my 9 years living here, thankfully. If you mean as an actual occurrence (and I assume that means mist/drizzle), yeah.
Haha, ok. I figured it was just one weatherman trying to make it catch on, and it seems I was right.

Isn't it pretty gloomy in the Bay during winter? Obviously not to the extent of the NW, but you would at least be ready for it :p

I think the rain and gloom gives the city a certain character or charm. The truly shitty part is April/May/June, where it's sunny for one day a month to tease you with summer and then 55 and raining the rest of the time.

I don't live in the bay. I live more north where it hits 115 degrees.

It's really not the rain, which is rarely ever that heavy, but the clouds. When I lived there it was often overcast in the morning regardless of what the afternoon weather was supposed to be.

Sounds like a colder bay area :/. I think I'll try and stick to the upper valley. I need my 100+ temp!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom