• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

OfrL2BEh.jpg

The Giants are clearly the better team. Six or seven crappy turnovers, some of them fluky, and they still almost won or at least could have tied. If this were the middle of the season the Giants would have won that game, but it was week 1 and they were just sloppy as hell.

P.S. Why no Reggie gifs?

jmdajr

The Giants are clearly the better team. Six or seven crappy turnovers, some of them fluky, and they still almost won or at least could have tied. If this were the middle of the season the Giants would have won that game, but it was week 1 and they were just sloppy as hell.

P.S. Why no Reggie gifs?

Congrats again

Seanspeed

Banned

P.S. Why no Reggie gifs?
So if a team makes a ton of mistakes and loses, they are clearly the better team?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
FINALLY its game day for my team. Thursday seems like an eternity ago.

So I bumped into Chris Meyers (texans center) and Kevin Walter (former "best blocking" receiving in the league) getting some Froyo on Saturday. I guess they are still bros.

Just to note Chris didn't get Froyo for himself just his kids. Gotta watch that figure.

Kevin Walter did though! Must have been anxious about his Titans debut.
(edit:eek:r should I say is recovering from some injury)

Any that's your report for TMZ Sports Houston.
Isn't Walter on PUP? I couldn't imagine he would be allowed to not be with the team on a saturday before a game if he was active.

this is awesome.

squicken

Just made some .gifs of my personal favorite play of the day. Why the Browns would attempt to block Wake with a RB on a key 4th and 2 is beyond me but here's the outcome:

http://abload.de/img/wakex4xml.gif[/mg]

[img]http://abload.de/img/wake2gks52.gif[/mg][/QUOTE]

Good coordinators can scheme up that kind of pressure. If Weeden's hot read would have been open there's no sack, but MIA seems to have a lot of bodies close to the LoS. Could lend credence to the no-Gordon argument. No vertical threat and the offense gets compressed

e:

[quote="TheLegendary, post: 80830193"]In good news, the O Line was really solid all night for the Packers. Outside of that first sack Rodgers seemed comfortable in the pocket most of the game. Run wise they didn't look too hot though, but as long as we can keep Rodgers upright against good defenses like that we've got a promising season ahead of us.[/QUOTE]

Terrel Pryor was the Week 1 leading rusher (so far). Could just be a weird week but it's something to look for league-wide.

I also noticed the Pats ran 90 plays. That sort of changes the magnitude of a guy catching 10 passes

In good news, the O Line was really solid all night for the Packers. Outside of that first sack Rodgers seemed comfortable in the pocket most of the game. Run wise they didn't look too hot though, but as long as we can keep Rodgers upright against good defenses like that we've got a promising season ahead of us.

BigAT

Really sloppy game by the Giants last night, they looked completely unprepared out there. I hate to say it, but I think the blame lies squarely on the coaching staff. I know he's done a lot for us, but that only goes so far. I think it's time they fire Coughlin.

Now that it's out there, the Giants will start playing better, right? RIGHT?!

Congrats again
About my 1800 total yards prediction looking genius or handing in my v-card? Either way, thank you!

So if a team makes a ton of mistakes and loses, they are clearly the better team?
You know what I'm trying to say. They're not going to turn it over another half-dozen times the next time they play. It was just a sloppy, unprepared week 1 performance. This Giants team always shits the bed early and then turn it on in the second half of the season. Still had a chance to win it despite a horrific performance.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone for me and my mom, everyone! I forgot to properly thank you all last night and felt bad about this morning (frustrated during the game).

Some interesting stuff on Justin Pugh:

-He was the first Giants rookie to start a season opener since linebacker Greg Jones in 2011
- He wasthe first Giants offensive rookie to start an opener since tight end Michael Matthews on Sept. 9, 2007;
- Also the first Giants rookie offensive lineman to start an opener since Chris Snee in 2004 - Finally, he's the first Giants first-round draft choice to start a season opener since tight end Jeremy Shockey in 2002.

I'd like to sit down with Rewind and get another look at his performance but he played well and had Ware lined up on him several times in the game. Good start for him and if he continue to play the way he did, there's no chance in hell Diehl will be reinserted into the lineup.

Beatty also had a pretty nice game considering he was matched up one on one with Ware with several times. Like I said last night, for once our tackles aren't the issue. It's the interior of the line that's a mess and it's gotta get fixed. You'd think first time starter Brewer would be the stand out problem but Snee was awful last night, too. Watching him degrade over the years has been depressing considering how dominant he was for years.:(

So it looks like Wallace was indeed pissed off about a lack of targets, and that's only the beginning of the attitude problems for the Dolphins:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...-for-the-afc-east-division-lead-and-coac.html

You already know that receiver Mike Wallace was unhappy after the game and I have confirmed through a source close to the WR that he was livid because he fact he didn't get a pass thrown his way in the first half and it got little better in the second half.

Wallace actually declined to speak because he didn't want to throw coaches under the bus. But despite his effort to not make waves, Wallace's actions -- an obvious display of displeasure over the way he was used -- show he's a problem now.

Starks and the Dolphins have exchanged contract proposals. So far, there is no deal. Starks isn't thrilled about that, either, although this is considered the secondary issue. So that much, I know.

I cannot, however, tell you with certainty whether Starks showed his displeasure with the coaching staff, or perhaps the personnel department that is negotiating with his agent, when he flipped off the Dolphins sideline after a sack Sunday -- pictured below.

6a00d83451b26169e2019aff459890970b-320wi

Then there's Paul Soliai:

Another Soliai source said the offers so upset the player that he feels he's ready to no longer be part of the team in the future and that the idea of asking for a trade was floated within the family. No such request has been made, but you get the idea.

Paul Soliai is hurt and borderline angry. He feels he's been loyal and the Dolphins rewarded him with a lowball contract offer followed by a take-it-or-leave-it offer that wasn't even delivered in person.
Ireland needs to go if this keeps up. That's the bottom line.

In good news, the O Line was really solid all night for the Packers. Outside of that first sack Rodgers seemed comfortable in the pocket most of the game. Run wise they didn't look too hot though, but as long as we can keep Rodgers upright against good defenses like that we've got a promising season ahead of us.
I wouldn't call the O-Line solid. They failed to give Rodgers a running lane so he couldn't step up in the pocket or scramby.

It could have been worse, though.

jmdajr

So it looks like Wallace was indeed pissed off about a lack of targets, and that's only the beginning of the attitude problems for the Dolphins:

All I know is Wallace and Miller are looking like pretty questionable choices on my part :\

still scoring most points this week

All I know is Wallace and Miller are looking like pretty questionable choices on my part :\

still scoring most points this week
Yep, they are burning me in a league or two as well.

Looking at the game against Indy next week and I noticed Luck was sacked 4 times and only had 23 pass attempts. Dolphins d-line will be licking their chops.

Bioshock Infinite is the weirdest thing for me.

The experience was amazing but the "game" is broken as fuck.

If only it were as perfect as the Barbershop Quartet song.

Bioshock Infinite is the weirdest thing for me.

The experience was amazing but the "game" is broken as fuck.

If only it were as perfect as the Barbershop Quartet song.

The gunplay is way better on PC when you can run the game at 60 and have the quick snappy fire that the mouse provides.

I actually want to jump into the horde mode DLC on PC whereas before hand I thought the idea was dumb based off of only having played the console version.

Smokey

The hell is going on with the dolphins? Boys wildin out even after a win..

And Lool at gabbert. I fear he'll be replaced before texans play the jags and we will again feel the wrath of Chad Henne

MechDX

Hey JM, Smokey and Captive. You guys see this:

Paul Kuharsky ‏@PaulKuharskyNFL 2h
Jurrell Casey on #Titans vs. #Texans: "We're going to go out there and make sure we put our foot up their (butt).Sorry about the cuss word."

Retweeted by PDS

That's so cute.

bionic77

Had the victory gifted to him by the Bucs D, to then act like he's Jesus on a football field, also with him standing on that bench after the kick.

Hate him already.
He is going to crash and burn. Winning this game is probably a bad thing for him because it will continue to fuel his ego, making the crash back to reality even more difficult to deal with.

Ryan Leaf won his first two games.

methodman

Banned
Impressive win for the Chiefs, Alex smith and Andy Reid. I think they make the playoffs.

Anyways, Kap looked fucking amazing out there. Constantly going through three or more progressions, reading the defense and checking to the correct play, and sliding whenever possible. Huge improvement over last year already.

Eleuin

Except that last play haha :(

Smokey

Impressive win for the Chiefs, Alex smith and Andy Reid. I think they make the playoffs.

Anyways, Kap looked fucking amazing out there. Constantly going through three or more progressions, reading the defense and checking to the correct play, and sliding whenever possible. Huge improvement over last year already.

Gabbert is shit. I'd wait for week 2 to set a better idea on the chiefs. A W is a W tho

Flipping off your own sideline and blowing up during a win is pretty bad IMO.

Sounds like Philbin and Ireland can't really run a team.
Definitely some indications of that at least but the fact remains the team is 1-0 and looks fairly solid. If these attitude issues continue to persist and eventually cause the team to start losing games I will agree with you guys entirely, but it's too early for me to say that now.

squicken

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/3180613/jagsloseinfinity_medium.gif[/IG][/QUOTE]

I've never seen this before, but Gabbert had a negative Adjusted Yards per Attempt. Granted, he had lots pressure and hurt his hand, but it's astounding how bad that offense is

[url]http://live.advancednflstats.com/index.php?gameid1=2013090806[/url].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom