• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hell is going on with the dolphins? Boys wildin out even after a win..

And Lool at gabbert. I fear he'll be replaced before texans play the jags and we will again feel the wrath of Chad Henne

Madden never lied

When I tried to get into Madden league last year I had to play as the Jags and I was shocked that Gab was overthrowing guys on slants.

Smokey

Definitely some indications of that at least but the fact remains the team is 1-0 and looks fairly solid. If these attitude issues continue to persist and eventually cause the team to start losing games I will agree with you guys entirely, but it's too early for me to say that now.

Acting out after a double digit win. He's a cancer already.

Tannehill needs to throw more TDs, not to mention just throw more (which he did better in the second half), and take chances. Are RBs suck. Defense is good.

And LOL at the Cowboy fans. They're like a little kid believing in Santa Claus. You get excited when the season starts, then you find out he isn't real and your world is shattered.

Fox318

jagsloseinfinity_medium.gif

Jags:

First in Gifs
Last in watchable football.

LJ what did you think about the Bills snapping the ball with 25 seconds left on the play clock each play of their last 2 drives? They easily could have taken 2 to 3 minutes off the clock if they had just milked it, and with Brady not able or willing to throw a pass more then 8 yards down field they could have put the Pats in a much more difficult spot.

brentech

So Kaep's first TD of the game, we blitzed with....with, Tramon? Great choice....
You rarely have guys go unblocked, so why would we ever think that Tramon could get off a block on a blitz. That has to be one of the dumbest things I've seen.

Gore just locks him up and throws him around lag a rag doll.

effzee

In the long run Wilson shitting the bed week 1 might help the Giants. Bringing in a veteran RB who can pick up the blitz will really solidify the offense. Hell I think Willis still has some left in the tank and asking him to do a little will help them during the play-offs push.

Somehow I think the Giants still take this division. Cowboys I have no faith in, Redskins D still has a lot to prove plus RG3 health concern, and obviously the Eagles are in a transition year.

Is he going to be benched moving forward?
He's gonna play. No two ways about it. First round pick and he's got too much talent to continue to sit in the doghouse like he was last year. Whoever they bring in will be there to help/mentor him and help in pass pro above anything else. The kids gotta push through the adversity.

No one cares about your fantasy team.

i was asking because it seemed like wallace was a tweener wr1/2 depending on the team, but was best utilized as a burner. but i don't know enough about the dolphins to come to a conclusion if he is a good fit for the system or if tannehill is running a dink and dunk kind of offense.

Raiders fan here (hence the name) and I thought Terrelle Pryor did a lot better than people gave him credit for before the start of yesterday. If he doesn't throw that last minute interception yesterday, the Colts lose that game.

Now if the Raiders lose to Jacksonville on Sunday, that will be pathetic.

Wow, just won the weekly raffle at my job, I have two free tickets (+ tailgating party passes) to this Thursday's Jets/Pats game.

Getting the season started off right.

Not confirmed, but Mike Garafolo and Jason La Canfora are saying Joe McKnight is also doing a workout for NYG.
Want nothing to do with him.

Of all of the names being floated about McGahee and Hightower are of greatest interest to me. I wouldn't be pissed about Jacobs from a pass pro/mentoring standpoint but he's done in the running department.

jmdajr

Raiders fan here (hence the name) and I thought Terrelle Pryor did a lot better than people gave him credit for before the start of yesterday. If he doesn't throw that last minute interception yesterday, the Colts lose that game.

Now if the Raiders lose to Jacksonville on Sunday, that will be pathetic.

If Gabbert plays Raiders has nothing to worry about.

Such a waste of MJD talent.(although he's still hurt no?)

MechDX

BREAKING: Texans trade Ben Tate to Giants. Rockets GM Daryl Morrey facilitated deal. Giants get Tate and Texans receive Manning, JPP and two first round picks.

BigAT

Real thoughts on the Giants game:

God that was an ugly game to watch. They basically turned over the ball every way possible. Too many foolish penalties as well. It felt like I was just left speechless the majority of the game over what was happening. I was probably Manning-facing at my TV most of the night. It's pretty crazy that they actually kept it close the majority of the game and were in a great position to win it considering how god awful they played.

-I didn't think the loss of Andre Brown would be felt quite so quickly or so strongly. The lack of a veteran RB arguably cost them the game last night, something that I think will be addressed with a signing this week. David Wilson can't pout after this one, he has to just suck it up and move on. The Giants need him too much for him to get emotional. Ignoring the fumbles for a moment, I thought Wilson had really bad vision for most of the night, which was odd. There were a couple of plays where he inexplicably ran into his blockers when there appeared to be a viable hole.

-the O-line looked alright. Certainly not anything approaching great, but they weren't a complete disaster. Eli's ability to move in the pocket (which is one of his more underrated skills) definitely saved them a few sacks though. At this point I have accepted that Brewer is going to just completely whiff on a couple of blocks every game, I hope it just doesn't get Eli killed. Baas needs to get healthy soon so Boothe can move back.

-Hynoski clearly wasn't near 100% and it affected the running game. He simply wasn't playing like himself, to the point that in the second half the Giants ran almost exclusively single back and/or out of the shotgun. Hopefully he gets healthy soon, it would be nice to for the Giants to actually have a running game this year. Only 50 yards on the ground last night, won't cut it going forward.

-the defense actually played rather well, considering the atrocious position they were put in for most of the night by the turnovers. The exception being a few plays when Witten was somehow left without a defender within 5 yards of him and having Herzlich cover Witten in the red zone. I thought Ryan Mundy looked solid most of the night, considering how much hate Steelers' fans were giving him. I'm hoping it is just a mild concussion for Prince, the Giants need him back if they are going to stand even a small chance against the Broncos. Same for Dan Connor, they don't have enough linebackers to be losing guys.

-the complete lack of a pass rush was really distressing. I know, JPP is still knocking off the rust and getting healthy, but even so, there are guys on this team that should be getting in there. I could live with them failing to get immediate pressure on Romo, but it was the plays where he had 5+ seconds without even a hint of pressure that were really bothersome. You can't even get mad at the secondary for breaking down when Romo had time to go to his fourth and fifth reads.

-that was the most visible upset and emotional I've seen Eli in years, maybe ever. His reaction after the final TAINT on the failed screen to Scott was something you just don't usually see from him. Even on the final touchdown drive they had in garbage time, you could still tell how angry he was.

Ugly loss and now they get an insanely hot Broncos team that has extra time to prepare. Fun times!

Kacar

If Gabbert plays Raiders has nothing to worry about.

Such a waste of MJD talent.(although he's still hurt no?)

Isn't Gabbert hurt? I heard something yesterday about it. He finished like 8/23 for 90 yards or something like that.

They should honestly put henne in.

effzee

So I know I know Eagles have been terrible the past two years, brand new regime, coach, personnel department (same GM though), and my mind says they are retooling if not rebuilding.

But still Football is cruel. I woke up this morning witch such excitement and anticipation. I know they will won't win tonight and even knowing that if they lose I'll be miserable tomorrow.

GO EAGLES!

-that was the most visible upset and emotional I've seen Eli in years, maybe ever. His reaction after the final TAINT on the failed screen to Scott was something you just don't usually see from him. Even on the final touchdown drive they had in garbage time, you could still tell how angry he was.
An chick at work who's an Eagles fan said the same thing nearly word for word to me today. She hates him of course but said in all of the years she's watched him, she's never seen him get that upset.

brentech

Photobucket works fine for me.

Not having any luck there. Every attempt to upload fails, but it doesn't say why. Not sure if it's a file size restriction or what. The .gif files range from 3mb-7mb so far.
From what I'm reading, googles picasa, "normally" doesn't enforce a bandwidth limit. apparently they just want fair use, so hopefully I don't break that.

squicken

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/84762/nfl-week-1-quarterback-report

ESPN's QB Report

Christian Ponder
Passer rating: 63.1
QBR: 20.4
Analysis: The good news is that Ponder found receiver Jerome Simpson for passes of 44 and 47 yards, a downfield rarity relative to last season. But Ponder still threw three interceptions and had two others dropped. Two of his three sacks came on drive-killing first-down plays and his QBR on third downs was 0.4; only two of his seven third-down passes converted a first down.

Cam Newton

Passer rating: 97.2
QBR: 74.7
Briefly: The Seattle Seahawks held Newton to career lows in passing (125) and combined offense (163). Newton only attempted four passes longer than 10 yards downfield, the second-lowest total of his career.

Russell Wilson
Passer rating: 115.7
QBR: 70.9
Briefly: Wilson's 320 yards were a career high and key on a day when the Seahawks had trouble running the ball. He had five completions (in seven attempts) on passes of at least 15 yards downfield for a total of 127 yards.

Andrew Luck
Passer rating: 127.9
QBR: 95.1
Analysis: Luck started off strong, completing his first 10 passes, but his best work came on the most important plays. He completed five of six passes for 61 yards on third downs, and converted another two on scrambles, to compile a near-perfect 99.998 QBR on third downs. For those wondering how the Colts' shift to offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton would play out, consider that Luck completed 15 of 16 throws that traveled fewer than 15 yards downfield. He completed two of six passes of at least 15 yards in the air and missed on all three that went at least 21 yards.

More at the link

squicken

Not having any luck there. Every attempt to upload fails, but it doesn't say why. Not sure if it's a file size restriction or what. The .gif files range from 3mb-7mb so far.
From what I'm reading, googles picasa, "normally" doesn't enforce a bandwidth limit. apparently they just want fair use, so hopefully I don't break that.

Use minus or abload.

jmdajr

Anyone have the Verizon NFL Mobil app?It was basically useless yesterday. :\
REDZONE did not work at all.

Verizon customer online support pretty much confirmed it wasn't working for anyone.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
What is this Vita TV thing? I'm confused. Will it allow me to play Vita games without a Vita? Is it just for streaming Vita stuff to my TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom