• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey

That pitch and catch by rogers and nelson in the 2 nd half with nelson leaning out of bounds was pretty sweet.

Hope the country is ready for schaub and his cannon tonight!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Didn't take long for Browns GAF to fall back to earth. Did you ever get an answer to why Trent Truck only got 13 carries?

Fall back to Earth? Browns fans here at least know what our team is. At best I had this team going 7-9 and thats if everything went right.

Doesn't mean we won't trash talk. Really what else are we supposed to do? Sit here and accept the loss as if we were Gata and the Jags?

jmdajr

url

What is this Vita TV thing? I'm confused. Will it allow me to play Vita games without a Vita? Is it just for streaming Vita stuff to my TV?
Bingo. That's including PS4 games, too. It's almost like having a PS4 in every room if used in such a way.

EDIT: Should not it acts like a Vita itself so yeah. It's a Vita without a Vita.

LJ11

LJ what did you think about the Bills snapping the ball with 25 seconds left on the play clock each play of their last 2 drives? They easily could have taken 2 to 3 minutes off the clock if they had just milked it, and with Brady not able or willing to throw a pass more then 8 yards down field they could have put the Pats in a much more difficult spot.

Lot of fans complaining about it, I'm not. They forget how often our past coaches milked the clock with a small lead, end results were the same as yesterdays. Problem was the playcalling and execution. Shitty runs off of LG, who is balls. We can't run to the left at all now, to the right or bust.

Steve makes a catch and we may have a different result. Glenn keeps his hands down and Woods get a big gain. Better play calling, and execution.

Speaking of Glenn, he was pretty damn good. RT only? LOL

What is this Vita TV thing? I'm confused. Will it allow me to play Vita games without a Vita? Is it just for streaming Vita stuff to my TV?

It is a vita for people that dont like handhelds. I am surprised it is cheaper then a vita, cant see why anyone would pay $100 more for a handheld when they could play the same games on their TV with a controller. This seems like Sony might be waving the white flag on vita, which is sad. It is such a great handheld.

jmdajr

It is a vita for people that dont like handhelds. I am surprised it is cheaper then a vita, cant see why anyone would pay $100 more for a handheld when they could play the same games on their TV with a controller. This seems like Sony might be waving the white flag on vita, which is sad. It is such a great handheld.

Sucks that games heavy on touch won't be compatible...

uncharted :\

That pitch and catch by rogers and nelson in the 2 nd half with nelson leaning out of bounds was pretty sweet.

lul

Everyone is hitting power on their remotes the second RGIII steps off the field bro.

Yahoofantasyapp will tell us everything we need to know about the Texans game

That is my biggest fear. If this takes off they will stop doing interesting things with touch since this doesnt support it. I wish they had come up with a new controller for this with a touchpad on it.

If you have a Vita, they will work of course as you can use a Vita as the controller.

Considering they've also done the Vita2000 I wouldn't agree entirely that Sony is throwing in the towel on the thing, but I think it's obvious they need to expand the market on it alongside the recent price drop.

The shitty part? The dropping of the OLED screen.:( For once it feels good to be an early adopter.

Talon

It hurts watching this cause it was three times in the Lions game they had TDs called back that looked like this. They was short(and in Johnson's case incomplete)
Such a comedy of errors. That one sequence was the most Lions sequence of all time.

Detroit intercepts Ponder and returns for a TD
TD called back because Dirty Suh idiotically cuts down on Sullivan who had NO CHANCE OF CATCHING THE RETURNER
Stafford's next pass is tipped and intercepted by Minnesota

#DetroitFootball
Finley fucks up so much, you gotta give him his too!

if3VrXYhtDj2r.gif
Randall Cobb and Jermichael Finley are clearly paying homage to Football's origins. Respect.

Bowser

Lot of fans complaining about it, I'm not. They forget how often our past coaches milked the clock with a small lead, end results were the same as yesterdays. Problem was the playcalling and execution. Shitty runs off of LG, who is balls. We can't run to the left at all now, to the right or bust.

Steve makes a catch and we may have a different result. Glenn keeps his hands down and Woods get a big gain. Better play calling, and execution.

I still can't believe Hurney passed on Cordy Glenn to draft DII player Amini Silatolu for our O-Line. Hurney drafted perennial pro bowlers with his first round picks (hell, even Otah was a pro bowler, just ended up being too fat and lazy), but once he gets past the first, he couldn't draft for shit.

What do you think about next week's Panthers/Bills matchup? IMO it's a must win for the Panthers. I'm cautiously optimistic (maybe blindly hoping against hope) that Shula called a conservative game against the Seahawks because of their stout, ball hawking D and will be more prone to opening things up against a Bills secondary that should be hurting without Gilmore and Byrd (is Byrd gonna play?). Defensively I think we can have some success against Manuel, but offensively we will need to score at least 2 TDs (can't believe I'm saying it's hard for us to score 2 TDs, smh) to have a chance.

Such a comedy of errors. That one sequence was the most Lions sequence of all time.

TD called back because Dirty Suh idiotically cuts down on Sullivan who had NO CHANCE OF CATCHING THE RETURNER

#DetroitFootball

Randall Cobb and Jermichael Finley are clearly paying homage to Football's origins. Respect.

don't forget the Delmas headbutt that gives Minnesota 15 yards only for Ponder to throw a pick later. All capped of by a Joique Bell fumble at the goal line that was overturned into a TD. That first half needed Benny Hill music

Ponder has to be either the worst or minimum top 3 worst QBs in the league. I watched every minute of that game and I had no fear whatsoever when he went back to pass. He can't throw down-field, he can barely throw as is. How do start a guy like this? Should've just drafted a random QB in last year's draft and started him. E.J. Manuel, Geno, anyone.

Unrelated to football (You're shocked, I understand), but watching Australian Master Chef and this girl

749158-bonny-porter.jpg

I would totally start a diner together with her.

If you have a Vita, they will work of course as you can use a Vita as the controller.

Considering they've also done the Vita2000 I wouldn't agree entirely that Sony is throwing in the towel on the thing, but I think it's obvious they need to expand the market on it alongside the recent price drop.

The shitty part? The dropping of the OLED screen.:( For once it feels good to be an early adopter.

Damn I hadnt realized they announced a new vita model. Man I would buy the fuck out of a green vita, but fuck it having an lcd screen. The vita's screen is amazing, I cant believe they are changing it.

Talon

I would say LCD screens can be fantastic: see the iPhone 5 and HTC One, but then I remember that Sony hates using good panels on all their phones.

jbug617

Banned
That Jets vs Pats game coming up is going to be bad if Brady can't get the other guys into the mix. I wonder if Cromartie is going to cover Amendola or Edelman.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9651957

Yes, I understand that everyone is going to pick the Steelers, everyone is going to pick the Texans and when the Titans win . . it isn't on the Titans so much as it is on the opposing team.

Regardless.

The D had five sacks, held a 2-time super bowl winner to . . 7 points?? I know, Pouncey, that really blows. I just don't understand how any pundit who actually watched the game makes the case for how bad the Steelers sucked without how much the Titan's D actually stepped up.

Obviously, I'm a Titans fan, so this is going to be my soap box. Regardless, 1-0 and Munch still looks lost as shit. Doesn't matter. 1-0 and I'll take it.

Munchak did the smart thing. Instead of throwing it with Locker which was going nowhere fast he decided to run right into the teeth of the D and it worked like gangbusters, particularly in short yardage.

Everybody knows about the turd on offense and the injuries (which i'll list here in full):

Maurkice Pouncey - Torn ACL - out for the season
Larry Foote - ruptured Bicep - out for the season
Larod Stephens-Howling - Torn ACL - out for the season

But after sleeping on it those short yardage plays really bugged me. Steelers went 8-8 last year in part because of plays like that - Steelers getting the offense into a big hole then going to sleep on 3rd down.

I alluded to this yesterday, but I think Foote's injury is a blessing in disguise. On nearly every run play the Titans ran toward his gap and manhandled him to get yardage. Funny thing was Foote was in the backfield all day but the Titans casually pushed him out of the way. It's pretty telling that Foote went out with a bicep tear as that's usually an age injury.

I didn't hate Foote like a lot of Steelers Nation does but like Farrior he's finished. Only part of him worth being on the field is his brain and that can't make tackles. We need an ILB who's going to be stout against the run, or failing that won't get steamrolled when a hat gets to him.

Kion Wilson is ahead of Vince Williams on the depth chart so it seems he's the guy. Steelers have a lot of work to do to get him up to speed before next Monday because Foote called the defensive signals and Timmons is a rockhead.

An chick at work who's an Eagles fan said the same thing nearly word for word to me today. She hates him of course but said in all of the years she's watched him, she's never seen him get that upset.

I don't blame him. That ball took the most ridiculous bounce straight into the defenders hands. It was like a video game with cheat codes on.

MechDX

Going to be an ugly ass game.

Vereen and Danny hurt a bit. Going to be hard to beat them.

Just an observation: Just read King's MMQB column. Talked about Amendola wincing in severe pain from his groin then coming back out and playing. I would be concerned they injected something to numb the pain and get him back. This practice is considered very dangerous and can pretty much only make the injury worse.

CrankyJay

Banned

I didn't like how they kept trying to jam CJ up the middle...he looked like he did his rookie year. Just horrible anticipation of the gaps (assuming there were any). Just use his goddamn speed and run him to the right like you suggested.

Vyroxis

Banned

#DetroitFootball

That entire game was a circus. Both teams played like shit except for two things. Lions stuffed AP aside from the first run, and Ponder had a couple a good deep passes. So either both teams are really good, or really bad. I'm not sure which it is at this point because the Lions and Vikings always have entertaining games. We'll see what week 2 brings us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom