• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JABEE

Let's GO EAGLES!

NO MORE PESSIMISM!

Don't go there YankeeHater.

It's going to be different this season.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
1233154_10151824069348851_1671215704_o.jpg

A thing of absolute beauty. Long live ATV.

ChanHuk

Banned
You know we tight bro. <3

Thanks for that though but seems like most of us expected the receiving unit is nothing without Josh Gordon, one more game to go then we'll see I guess.

Also hooray glad to see the front office's insistence to not get a quality CB to go with Haden really paid off. :(

You don't need an elite secondary to win, I forget the last time a team with an "elite" secondary won the SB. Its either QB play or cheating.

As much as I joke about putting the banner up in Lambeau, CHI looked good yesterday. The Bengals and that great front 4 had zero sacks of Cutler. If they have fixed their protection issues then they can contend with GB. Doubt they will ever actually beat GB but they could at least make the Pack sweat a little
I suspect the Packer front 7 may be pretty intimidating against non-mobile qbs this year. If so, it's going to be up to the Bears d to shut down Rodgers.

Good luck

MechDX

Don't worry you won't have room to sign him after resigning Schoob.

Actually Schaubs contract wasn't for that much and is very team friendly. Only 9th highest and a cap hit of $7 million this year.

http://www.overthecap.com/top-player-salaries.php?Position=QB

And Watt isn't going anywhere. Still under contract for two more years, then you have two years of the franchise tag if they desire but I don't think it will get that far.

Only team I could see him wanting to go to would be Green Bay but they wont offer him his value or even have a chance to.

Actually Schaubs contract wasn't for that much and is very team friendly. Only 9th highest and a cap hit of $7 million this year.

http://www.overthecap.com/top-player-salaries.php?Position=QB

And Watt isn't going anywhere. Still under contract for two more years, then you have two years of the franchise tag if they desire but I don't think it will get that far.

Only team I could see him wanting to go to would be Green Bay but they wont offer him his value or even have a chance to.
He'll stay in Houston. (lol at the idea of robot ted signing a big money free agent)

1jY3vSa.gif

Follow-up to the other GIF that was posted. Most annoyed I've seen him after a play since Bradshaw fucked up a blitz pick up against the Saints in 09.

KaYotiX

Banned
Feeling better about the L now. All things considered, hanging with SF till the end was pretty admirable considering our previous two losses were squashes. Matthews' launch at kaepernick was the dumbest thing we did in the game, aside from leaving Boldin open all fucking game, but we stopped their ground game and got Jolly back into the mix of things. Once we get Hayward back I'll feel better about our secondary, but yeah, Kaep burned us good. Looking forward to seeing how he does against a real D next week.

That fucking three man rush though, damn.

Just imagine if Lacy didnt fumble on his own 15 and if Finley caught that pass.....man. Oh well, that's how it goes.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Wow that's crazy. Hope nothing serious happens to him. Ridley just needs to get his head out of his ass and the Pats should be ok, but they don't have anyone who can do what Vereen does catching out of the backfield.
If I know the Jets (and unfortunately, I do), this just means that Ridley will now have a career game against them.

I don't think anyone minds if the QB play is good.

I dunno, if he makes anywhere near what top tier QBs make, it's going to be hard to keep paying that great o-line that is allowing him time to take advantage of that ridiculous rifle-arm he has. That stupidly good defense doesn't come cheap either.

Trey

I dunno, if he makes anywhere near what top tier QBs make, it's going to be hard to keep paying that great o-line that is allowing him time to take advantage of that ridiculous rifle-arm he has. That stupidly good defense doesn't come cheap either.

That's why dynasties are hard.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
The article on USA Today I pulled that from had "Aw fiddlesticks" as the caption. I got a good laugh out of that.:jnc
lol i was gonna say, even when he's pissed he still kind of has that oh well demeanor.

Dat Battle Red in San Diego!

yea. My boss went and a coworker went(separately). The one coworker said he personally knew of 25ish people that were going and knew of 3 separate facebook pages for meetups in SD.

I thought about going, but I should have gotten tickets a long time ago cause they would have been cheaper.

MechDX

lol i was gonna say, even when he's pissed he still kind of has that oh well demeanor.

yea. My boss went and a coworker went(separately). The one coworker said he personally knew of 25ish people that were going and knew of 3 separate facebook pages for meetups in SD.

I thought about going, but I should have gotten tickets a long time ago cause they would have been cheaper.

https://www.facebook.com/travelingtexans

It would be great to travel for a game. Ive read the only stadium Texans fans have had issues at was Chicago.

duxstar

I don't know know who does it but can someone add me to the niners fandom thing at the top, and no I haven't just started liking them ... I have a signed football from Alex Smith's rookie season, and was a fan long ago before Julian Peterson, and Tony Parrish were our best player on a 2 - 14 team.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Any of you dumb dumbs get laser eye surgery? I'm tired of wearing contacts and glasses.

Buddy of mine just had laser eye, he is extremely pleased with it.

The whole process of the surgery just creeps me out though so I don't think I'll ever do it.

You don't need an elite secondary to win, I forget the last time a team with an "elite" secondary won the SB. Its either QB play or cheating.

Oh I know. But at least someone credible is what I was more hoping for.

Chris Owens and Buster Skrine are not going to cut it.

The Giants will work out a group of free agent running backs including Brandon Jacobs, Joe McKnight and Willis McGahee Tuesday.

It's an open casting call in New York after Sunday night's debacle. Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the workout has been planned since Friday. But after watching David Wilson turn in a humiliating performance on Sunday Night Football, the Giants may be more inclined to make a signing. While with Denver last year, McGahee rushed 167 times for 731 yards (4.37 YPC) and scored four touchdowns before a broken leg and torn right MCL ended his season in Week 11. McGahee will be 32 in October. Jacobs spent seven years with the Giants, winning two Super Bowls and recording two 1,000-yard seasons to go with 56 rushing touchdowns. But he found himself buried on the 49ers depth chart last year and has attracted zero interest around the league since being released in December. Now 31 years old, Jacobs -- or any of these re-treads -- would not be a real threat to David Wilson's starting job. McKnight is by far the youngest at age 25, but he's never recorded more than 43 carries in a season. He was a first-team All-Pro kick returner for the Jets in 2011. Expect Beanie Wells and Tim Hightower to also be a part of Tuesday's tryout.
I'm also heading to New Jersey to tryout at RB. Even my 5'9, 205 lb. self has good enough instincts to throw myself at a inside blitz and have the blitzer ragdoll my limp carcass to do a 720 in the air before landing 5 yards away that gives Eli the extra 2 seconds to throw a pass.

Afrikan

Harbaugh is trolling Matthews HARD hahaha damn.. I'll update in a sec.

edit- just paraphrasing here.

"Staley did what we teach him...just grab the guy who goes after your QB"
"Clay punched Staley 2 times"
"wait..actually 1 punch and the second was more of a slap"
"I'm sure Matthews works hard on his tough image."
"but if you are going to hit a player like that you get in there you punch (while physically mimicking it)... you don't slap."
"I'm sure he is going to have to work on building back some of that tough image"

this is was similar to making fun of shaking Lions coach Jim Schwartz's hand too hard.

MechDX

"but if you are going to hit a player like that you get in there you punch (while physically mimicking it)... you don't slap."
"I'm sure he is going to have to work on building back some of that tough image"

this is was similar to making fun of shaking Lions coach Jim Schwartz's hand too hard.

Got damn...he is channeling the old FMT.
or is FMT actually Harbaugh...

JCizzle

Oh my God, amazing.

duxstar

Patrick Willis, Navarro Bowman, and Ahmad Brooks are all signed through 2015, and our Offensive lineman ALL have long contracts except for our Center (Jonathan Goodwin) who is nearing retirement age and won't be resigned, and Iupati our Left Guard.

Joe Staley our Left Tackle is signed to some ridiculous deal, like through 2020, Boone signed a 4 or 5 year extension before he was the starter last year, and Anthony Davis is signed through 2019.

Out of our Offensive Line, and Linebackers this is official years they are signed through.
Joe Staley - 2017
Mike Iupati - 2014
Goodwin - 2014
Boone - 2015
Anthony Davis - 2019

Line Backers
Brooks - 2017
Aldon Smith - 2014
Navarro Bowman - 2018
Patrick Willis - 2016

The 4 big contracts next year are Colin Kaepernick, Mike Iupati, Aldon Smith, and Micheal Crabtree ......

I think we let 1 go, push one another year away (maybe franchise the cheapest guy), and sign 2 of them with the cap room saved from letting Frank Gore, Carlos Rogers, and possibly Ahmad Brooks go, between those 3 players is ~21 million tied up.

I've talked about this numerous times but I think it's Imperative they sign Crabtree (hopefully to a lower deal since he's coming back from an injury), Aldon Smith, and Kaepernick. While I would love ALL 4 of them ..... if I have to choose one guy to its Iupati and i have no reservations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom