• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

5'5" and under. What did you think he meant?
:lol

Speaking of under. Over/under on horrible INTs thrown by Joe the Great tomorrow night? I have it at two (take the over).

Seeing Flacco shit himself would be a perfect start to the season. Other than Tebow playing I can't think of a stronger omen.

But do they really enjoy life? Nobody wants to be an old short guy having to get out the step ladder everytime you want to get something out of the cupboard.

How many tall old guys have you ever seen?They usually shrink and become short or need a wheelchair negating the tallness.

WedgeX

Banned
Getting fleeced in FA...like throwing a party for signing a WR that will end up on the practice squad?

P.S. Weed is legal biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

i3ssVCAk9nW3I.jpg

Stereotypes.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
although the chickens seem to get fleeced a lot in FA these days
Doing well in FA remains an issue, but most of our best moves are the less flashy ones. Extending this to trades, Harvin is pretty much our big, flashy high-risk move, but our downside is mainly cap room where we've been great otherwise.

Letting go of Winfield and Robinson? Not enough performance per cap in the face of roster competition.

Godslay

Banned
How many tall old guys have you ever seen?They usually shrink and become short or need a wheelchair negating the tallness.

My wife's grandpa was like 6'4" when he died, he was 92. He was like 6'6" or something as a young guy. He was a different breed though, he was a farmer, smart and just built out of pure iron. I think some of these old guys that actually worked hard when they where young just seem to live forever for whatever reason.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Just saw this from college week 1 recap stuff:

shiftingOL_medium.gif

I think the play ended up in a loss of yards.

We need to see more stuff like this in the NFL but that backfires more spectacularly. Haven't had a good formation laugh since SwingingGate-Gate.

My wife's grandpa was like 6'4" when he died, he was 92. He was like 6'6" or something as a young guy. He was a different breed though, he was a farmer, smart and just built out of pure iron. I think some of these old guys that actually worked hard when they where young just seem to live forever for whatever reason.

92? thats awesome. Hope i get to live that long, I'll be here on gaf saying back in my day

Doing well in FA remains an issue, but most of our best moves are the less flashy ones. Extending this to trades, Harvin is pretty much our big, flashy high-risk move, but our downside is mainly cap room where we've been great otherwise.

Letting go of Winfield and Robinson? Not enough performance per cap in the face of roster competition.

wrong. you also lost a first round pick. but given your awful scouting/front office/coaching staff (as evidenced by you already getting rid of a 4th round pick from this year) maybe it really was only a cap negative

squicken

Just saw this from college week 1 recap stuff:

shiftingOL_medium.gif

I think the play ended up in a loss of yards.

We need to see more stuff like this in the NFL but that backfires more spectacularly. Haven't had a good formation laugh since SwingingGate-Gate.

Unbalanced lines in the NFL just lead to super fast LBs overloading the weak side. Clay Matthews would take the handoff or sack the QB before he took 3 steps

Yeah should be a good game, I've been to the home opener for the last couple years but never seen a win -_-

Ha. Well don't hate me. I've only been to one season opener since the Return of the team.

Can you guess which one?

Yep. 2004 against the Ravens, our only win. lol

Jeff Garcia. lol

So you're overdue an opener win!

Hey, Deacon, do you recall the Steelers ever using waivers this much? It's making me nervous.

Can't say I do. Not worried too much about the special teams prop up guys, but our o-line...Gilbert is for sure gonna take out at least 1 guy this year before going out himself. Whimper sees the field and goodbye season.

WedgeX

Banned
Poor Philip Rivers. He was my MVP pick in 2011, before his bizarre and precipitous fall the past two years. Now he's just a joke.

What the hell even happened to the Chargers? Didn't they have a once promising running back? What ever happened to VJAX?

They had promise. They were gonna be somebody.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Yeah. The Chargers completely missed their window. Had the talent, just never made a run. Curse of Schottenheimer.

Ultratech

Mmm..that time of year again.

Hopefully, the Cowboys won't fuck up this season and actually get somewhere.

(I'm probably deluding myself. It'll be another repeat of the Cowboys Cycle.)

get those bad kap pics out of here!

colin-kaepernick-espys-red-jacket.jpg

you lookin' good kap! can i be one of your yes-men!?

wpid-0219-colin-kaepernick-splash-3-2_wm1.jpg

lucky whore!

an-awkward-photo-of-alex-smith-and-colin-kaepernick-staring-each-other-down-after-beating-the-falcons.jpg

Kap: wtf you say bitch!
Alex: n n nothin....
Kap: yea

Screen-Shot-2013-07-10-at-8.11.14-AM.png

u tired kap? cause you been runnin' through my mind all day!

Hunter S.

I believe they'll start selling licenses to grow/sell weed in December.
Grow sell weed? Colorado has done the since the election. Your weed laws are worse, but we are still legal brothers. To the sensible states. We rule!!!! Legal unless you are an NFL player. woooooopppppp!!!!!

jbug617

Banned
You guys ever had someone tell you not to image search a certain word and you still do it. I did it with the word trypophobia.

Dang it, I close my eyes and now all I see is Man Kaep running around carrying a ball. GAF, what am I to do? I'm not FMT, this shouldn't be normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom