• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 10 |OT| - [expletive] this [expletive] [expletive]

Yeah, players have some weird code. Remember all that "Free Hernandez" nonsense?

Yeah and I think he has a point here:

"It's not inflammatory if it's your family," Williams said. "When you look at a team, especially two guys that play the same position, and you really understand how much time they spend together, you can't put it in the context that you would put it outside of a family setting. ... If you had a tape recorder in the locker room, you would hear a lot of stuff that wouldn't fly in the media. A football team, the NFL, it's a fraternity. ... It's not fair and it's not right for people on the outside to judge and try to figure out what's going on on the inside because most of the people on the outside wouldn't last a week on an NFL team."

Not that I agree with it, but we are just outsiders looking in.

Bowser

You'll have a Cam avy after next week!

I wish we could make this an avi:

10654881683_f6c43f221b_o.gif

eznark

Banned
Agree with Williams. Locker room culture. Christ we have the same thing in this thread. Remember when FMT got banned for a minute?

Martin is like that whiny bitch Pats fan who comes in to complain about I jury jeers.

Agree with Williams. Locker room culture. Christ we have the same thing in this thread. Remember when FMT got banned for a minute?

Martin is like that whiny bitch Pats fan who comes in to complain about I jury jeers.

Are you being sarcastic? Because if you're not, I dislike you.

eznark

Banned
Are you being sarcastic? Because if you're not, I dislike you.

Nope. Listening to the Dolphins talk it's clear this was common language amongst teammates.

Incognito is definitely a fucking moronic bully who shouldve realized Martin was too soft for the adult table but it's not some cultural issue worthy of national hand wringing and navel gazing.

I dont know who you are but I probably dislike you too.

I'm not sure why you'd play Matthews at this point.

This is now talent evaluating season.
I wanna see a lot of Bostick, White, and Stoneburner.

Can't wait until we have Harris back. Just rest everyone until pre-season next year.

Trey

Leaving voice mails on dudes phone though? Calling him a nigger, threatening his mom? Nah breh, that's real extra. NFL ain't burying Incognito for no reason.

Leaving voice mails on dudes phone though? Calling him a nigger, threatening his mom? Nah breh, that's real extra. NFL ain't burying Incognito for no reason.

I agree. Thats more than just locker room hijinks. He shouldve attacked him for talking about his mom.

eznark

Banned

I thought so too. Dolphins players disagree, I'll defer to the guys in the loop.

Nope. Listening to the Dolphins talk it's clear this was common language amongst teammates.

Incognito is definitely a fucking moronic bully who shouldve realized Martin was too soft for the adult table but it's not some cultural issue worthy of national hand wringing and navel gazing.

I dont know who you are but I probably dislike you too.

Thousands of pro football players who spent their lives in the sport being told how things should be by a majority of video gamers who are 18, without a job & probably still live with their parents.

Next you are going to tell me that because I played Mario Soccer, that doesn't qualify me to be a head coach in the league? How Dare you sir.

squicken

Jacksonville was also saw its rating drop this week despite being on its bye week. In Jacksonville's case, the issue wasn't opponent adjustments getting stronger, but rather opponent adjustments changing as past Jacksonville opponents like Seattle, St. Louis, and especially Oakland all played worse than usual in Week 9. That moves Jacksonville back into the top spot (if you can call it that) as the worst team DVOA has ever tracked.

However, when it comes to watching for the best and worst DVOA ratings ever, I'm not sure anything quite matches what's going on with special teams this year. Houston special teams cost the Texans an estimated minus-10.4 points compared to average this week, mostly thanks to three missed field goals. That's enough to move the Texans down to 31st in special teams. Of course, it isn't like the Giants got better on their bye week. As a result, we now have three 2013 teams sitting among the dozen worst special teams DVOA ratings through Week 9, going back to 1989. That's just crazy. We estimate that the Giants have cost themselves 3.6 points per game with bad special teams, the Texans have cost themselves 4.0 points per game, and the Redskins have cost themselves 4.5 points per game. Houston and Washington are below average in all five phases of special teams that we measure. The Giants are above average on kickoffs and close to average on field goals and kick returns, but their punts and punt coverage have been horrific. Right now, we estimate that the Giants have cost themselves minus-23.4 points of estimated field position on punts. That would be the fifth-worst figure since 1989, and there's still half a season left.

cdyhybrid

John Moffitt ‏@Moffitt74 1h
Football was fun but my head hurts-haha kidding roger goodell. I'm on to new things, thanks to everyone along the way!!!

Well, that didn't last very long.

eznark

Banned
Circumstances were different for that. FMT was told shortly afterward too.

My point is that groups develop their own language and own levels of what is acceptable.

The hate speech Rors throws out during Dota matches would curdle your sperm.

Bowser

My point is that groups develop their own language and own levels of what is acceptable.

The hate speech Rors throws out during Dota matches would curdle your sperm

Yeah, not the image I was looking for while eating dinner :|

But they aren't...at least not the players, there are a ton of former teamates, players and even current players all defending Incognito, with almost nobody defending or even mentioning Martin. It's pretty clear that this is the norm and Martin is the outsider.

brentech

Sad for Finley. Has a season where he seems to have re-ignited his passion for football just to have a freak, serious injury happen. Feel bad for him. Team has had some really rough breaks this year, literally/figuratively.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
While FMT's case isn't an example of this, those levels are often set in a self-serving manner. Those who are on top in the group are fine with what goes on because they aren't the ones negatively impacted.

Tamanon

Banned
The only thing that could make this Gridiron Wall look even worse for the NFL is if it comes out that Jonathan Martin is gay.

eznark

Banned
While FMT's case isn't an example of this, those levels are often set in a self-serving manner. Those who are on top in the group are fine with what goes on because they aren't the ones negatively impacted.

Except in athletics it's rolling. Everyone gets both ends if they want.

Narag

"Really where I couldn't take it anymore was, we were getting ready for a game, middle part of the season and we had a rookie tight end that came into the locker room after practice one day. We had practice in shorts and weren't in pads and basically I saw about six defensive lineman grab this guy by the locker room door and jump on him, throw him to the ground, they went out and got athletic tape, taped this guy up, began to rip his clothes off, get icy hot and baby powder and other things from the training room and they would throw it on the guy and they would pour water on him, just to try and demoralize the guy. And then what they would do is they would take him and they would give him Charlie horses. They would punch the guy in the thigh and the arm... I literally walked in a saw this and what was so upsetting is I saw other players in the perimeter standing around cheering and laughing and giggling. I went in there and I had a meltdown. I said ‘I need this guy. I need that guy right there on Sunday to help me win a football game and you guys are beating him up. How's that gonna make him feel any better for Sunday?'

jesus

Top Bottom