• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 10 |OT| - [expletive] this [expletive] [expletive]

Do we have Cardinal fans in here? After FMT/Hito and Squicken's 6 NFC West teams, I don't think I really pay attention to Arizona. Avatar bet?

Expect to lose brotha, I'll take that bet. Week long? My main condition is I won't wear furry shit or cartoon pony bullshit.

Milchjon

Freddie_Falcon.JPG

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/atlanta-...icid/?icmp=ajc_internallink_textlink_homepage

lol

:jnc

squicken

Well the ex-Chargers team doc who once operated on someone while drunk says it is a good thing to wait for swelling to go down, so works for me!

David J. Chao, MD ‏@ProFootballDoc
From @jthom1 "Bradford ACL surgery postponed". #Rams fans don't worry. Gaining motion and decreasing swelling a good thing. Speeds recovery.

jmdajr

So Cierre Woods signed with patriots practice squad.

Former Texans running back Cierre Wood has been signed by New England and will join the Patriots’ practice squad.

Wood, 22, played in three games for the Texans this season, rushing three times for nine yards. The former Notre Dame standout joined the Texans as an undrafted free agent and made the 53-man roster during training camp.

Wood was placed on waivers Oct. 21. He was one of three players released for violating team rules prior to a road game against Kansas City on Oct. 20.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Expect to lose brotha, I'll take that bet. Week long? My main condition is I won't wear furry shit or cartoon pony bullshit.
You people are such cowards.

I stared down the barrel of fucking jaghair, when I could have complained beforehand!

Charles has 1 rush of over 20 yards this year. LOL at him being MVP.

Came in really late to this. Bear in mind, I have Peyton as the MVP so far.

BUT...you've completely disregarded how valuable Charles is in the passing game, and to the Chiefs offense as a whole. The dude is #1 in the league in total yardage (1,114 in 9 games), #1 in the league in touches (217), #1 in the league in rushing attempts (170), has already tied his career best with 8 TDs, and is averaging a very respectable 4.3 yards per carry.

He's firmly #2 in the race in my opinion.

squicken

"How is bullying something that's even mentioned regarding the NFL?" (Ricky) Williams wondered. "Because that's kind of what we're taught to do -- at least on the field -- is to bully the guy across from us so we can win the football game.

"It's kind of what we're subjected to on a day-to-day basis that most people will never be able to understand. ... What we're required to do physically, mentally and emotionally for the course of a season is astronomical; it's amazing. And I'm not saying that it's bad. I'm saying it just really speaks to what it takes to be a professional football player. And to me there's no room to play the victim or to be bullied or to even have that discussion when it comes to the NFL. If you're having that discussion, it just means that maybe you don't belong in the NFL."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...e-you-dont-belong-in-nfl?campaign=Twitter_atl

"I just understood that's the nature of the game," Williams explained. "When I came in as a rookie, they called me 'Ricky Weirdo.' And they busted my balls and they gave me a hard time, but I just laughed because it was funny. ... If someone sent me those messages, I would send a text back and call him a redneck and put 'lol.' To me, situations that you got yourself into, you got yourself into. It falls on you to find a way to get yourself out. And I'm not judging the way he got himself out of the situation. I actually think it's quite brilliant.

"There's all these text messages and these voice messages. It takes some awareness and some planning and some orchestration to actually save those and record those
. ... (Martin) is fighting (Incognito), but he's just doing it in his own way. If we're going to talk about the story as a hazing story -- which doesn't fit -- or as a bullying story, it's really a great example of the kid that is 'getting bullied' fighting back in his own way. ... I think they're both victims. I think the truth is never going to come out. One guy has a paid vacation. And one guy has a vacation that's not paid right now."

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/playoffodds

Playoff odds from Football Outsiders

6th seed in AFC wide-open. NFC obviously at mercy of Rodgers injury news

I feel like I'm in bizarro land that the Cards actually have a legit, if not overly likely, chance at taking a wildcard. I think it likely we beat HOU, JAX, STL, PHI and pretty probable that we take down TN as well which would put us at 9 wins then we have a reasonable shot at beating IND here between the home advantage and Reggie out and how close HOU just played them when we have a superior defense. 10 wins will probably be enough as I don't see CAR getting more than that and we have the tie breaker over them. If DET steals the division with Rodgers out, we are competing with whoever does worse between the Packers and Bears. We most likely only need to beat two out of those three teams in record (or tie CAR). We 'could' lose to HOU or IND and maybe even TN to a lesser degree, so it's still a little stretch but I wouldn't call it improbable.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Isn't it funny how Mr Glass in detroit is the last one left standing in the division

His nickname isn`t Mr Glass.

Its The Comeback Kid.

Or The Arm that can Harm

Or The Lion from Zion.

1st place in the NFC North and we`re gonna extend it after we kick the shit out of you in Chicago.

squicken

I feel like I'm in bizarro land that the Cards actually have a legit, if not overly likely, chance at taking a wildcard. I think it likely we beat HOU, JAX, STL, PHI and pretty probable that we take down TN as well which would put us at 9 wins then we have a reasonable shot at beating IND here between the home advantage and Reggie out and how close HOU just played them when we have a superior defense. 10 wins will probably be enough as I don't see CAR getting more than that and we have the tie breaker over them. If DET steals the division with Rodgers out, we are competing with whoever does worse between the Packers and Bears. We most likely only need to beat two out of those three teams in record (or tie CAR). We 'could' lose to HOU or IND and maybe even TN to a lesser degree, so it's still a little stretch but I wouldn't call it improbable.

I see your ceiling at 9 wins, and that is if a lot goes right. You'd need SF to be resting starters at the end of the year. I just think 10 wins is the minimum needed. I also wouldn't pencil in that HOU game. Robert Quinn darn near killed Palmer and Watt very well might

Tamanon

Banned

Williams said. "But unlike Jonathan, I didn't have to find a scapegoat or someone to blame. ... I didn't have to bring anyone else down when I found out that I just couldn't handle what I was going through at the time."

Wow, seems like a lot of players are blaming Martin more than Incognito

Yeah, players have some weird code. Remember all that "Free Hernandez" nonsense?

Top Bottom