• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 10 |OT| - [expletive] this [expletive] [expletive]

KaYotiX

Banned
I'm not sure why you'd play Matthews at this point.

This is now talent evaluating season.
I wanna see a lot of Bostick, White, and Stoneburner.

Can't wait until we have Harris back. Just rest everyone until pre-season next year.

It depends, if Rodgers can come back to a team that's still in the playoff hunt then go for it. If not, fuck it and just rest till next year.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Wow at the downtime. I was going to tell you guys to check out A Football Life: Randall Cunningham, but its almost over.

Hopefully they show a rerun, but its been great thus far.

Trey

It won't be the launch week when GAF crashes, it'll be the following week where both consoles are "the worst fucking thing to ever exist."

Anyone know whether marketing is a good field to go into? Discovered I don't like IT.

Redskins @ Vikings

Eagles @ Packers
Jaguars @ Titans
Bills @ Steelers
Raiders @ Giants
Rams @ Colts
Seahawks @ Falcons
Bengals @ Ravens
Lions @ Bears
Panthers @ 49ers
Texans @ Cardinals
Broncos @ Chargers
Cowboys @ Saints

Dolphins @ Buccaneers

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Can someone explain to me why Fox "HD" games - at least here in Seattle - look like hot garbage?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Seen something on twitter saying Philbin told Incognito to toughen up Martin.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...dolphins-hazing-1106-20131105,0,1628986.story

Yep: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...oaches-wanted-incognito-to-toughen-up-martin/

When Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald visited PFT Live on Tuesday and we discussed the possibility that Dolphins guard Richie Incognito’s treatment of tackle Jonathan Martin came at the behest of a coaching staff hoping to make Martin tougher, Salguero predicted that, if that ends up being the case, a lot of people will be fired.

A lot of people apparently will be fired.

According to Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Dolphins coaches asked Incognito “to toughen up” Martin after he missed a voluntary workout during the 2013 offseason. Kelly cites “at least two” unnamed sources.

Per the unnamed sources, Incognito may have taken his orders too far. Specifically, the sources tell Kelly that the racially-charged voice message from Incognito to Martin came after skipped two days of the team’s voluntary OTA program.

“Incognito was encouraged by his coaches to make a call that would ‘get [Martin] into the fold,’” Kelly reports.

Regardless of whether Incognito took his orders too far, those who gave the orders will be facing serious consequences, if the report is accurate. Management-level employees can’t pull the rip cord on a reputed nut job and then throw their hands in the air and say “that was an overreaction” when the local enforcer is overly zealous with his methods of enforcement.

Apart from the fact that the report suggests a violation of the rules regarding voluntary workouts, the report indicates that the coaches set in motion the events that resulted in Martin leaving the team due to ongoing harassment by Incognito. Even though Kelly’s report focuses specifically on communications occurring in the offseason, it’s quite possible that the effort to toughen up Martin was as extensive as the cinematic effort to “train” PFC William Santiago.

To summarize, one of the biggest messes in recent years is about to get a lot messier. And if Kelly’s report is accurate, more people than Incognito will soon be former employees of the Dolphins.

Another story I don't think was linked to yet, NFL Player With Elite College Degree Became Bullying Target:

Nov. 5 (Bloomberg) -- A degree from an elite academic school can make a player a magnet for bullying from teammates in the National Football League, according to a former Harvard University linebacker who spent seven seasons in the NFL.

Isaiah Kacyvenski, who last played in the NFL in 2006, said he wasn’t surprised by the alleged harassment that led former Stanford University offensive lineman Jonathan Martin to leave the Miami Dolphins. The Dolphins two days ago suspended fellow lineman Richie Incognito for detrimental conduct as they and the NFL investigate the matter.

“I’m surprised it hasn’t happened sooner,” said Kacyvenski, who holds a master’s degree in business administration from Harvard and now directs sports business at the biomedical technology company MC10 Inc. in Cambridge, Massachusetts. “This is a wakeup call for a lot of people. I was made fun of for a lot of reasons. Only in the NFL can a Harvard degree have negative consequences.”

Kacyvenski, 36, played six of his seven seasons with the Seattle Seahawks. He said some teammates thought he was a “rich, pampered kid” when he entered the NFL and that he did whatever he could to avoid confirming a “preconceived notion of what a Harvard grad was.”

Even so, he didn’t fit the NFL mold and would often anger teammates by raising his hand during team meetings to ask questions about the way things were being done and the reasoning behind them, he said in a telephone interview.

Team ‘Cancer’

“In the NFL, if you don’t do things the way other people do, you stick out, you make yourself a target for ridicule,” Kacyvenski said. “Every day’s the same, so it’s, ‘Let’s find a way to entertain ourselves,’ sometimes at the expense of others. Having someone be the butt of jokes has been around for a long time. It’s like a cancer that eats away at your team.”

The NFL Players Association said today in a statement that it expects the NFL and its clubs to “create a safe and professional workplace” for players.

“As the representative organization of all players, the NFLPA will insist on a fair investigation for all involved,” the union said in the statement. “We will continue to remain in contact with the impacted players, their representatives and player leadership.”

Former Green Bay Packers executive Andrew Brandt, who’s now a business analyst for ESPN, said it’s a myth that NFL teams are a united group of 60 players, and that “jocularity or hazing” happens in every locker room.

Linemen Cliques

“It’s really little pockets of guys who are tight and I would hesitate to say any pocket is more close than offensive linemen,” Brandt said in a telephone interview. “It’s as close to a fraternity as any component of the team, which is why this is more shocking to me.”

Incognito, 30, asked Martin, 24, to contribute financially last summer to an unofficial team trip to Las Vegas, and in April left him an expletive-filled voice message that contained a racial slur and threats of physical violence, according to ESPN. Martin, who didn’t go with his teammates to Las Vegas, gave Incognito $15,000, the report said, citing unidentified people familiar with the situation.

The 6-foot-5, 312-pound Martin left the team on Oct. 28 after the other offensive linemen stood up and walked away from the lunch table in the Dolphins’ practice facility when Martin arrived and sat down with his food, NFL.com said.

Martin is in his second season with the Dolphins after being taken in the second round of the 2012 draft from Stanford, where he majored in Classical Studies. Martin’s parents both graduated from Harvard.

Just found some garbage college game on ESPN2. First play I watch the QB runs backwards 20 yards to avoid a sack and throws the ball from his own 4 to the sideline. It didn't even make it to the line of scrimmage. Then the refs called intentional grounding and a safety. A safety on a pass from the four yard line, lol. Refs got together and talked, ref went to the replay booth, then came back and said the spot of the foul could not be reviewed. Amazingly embarrassing, haha.

squicken

Can someone explain to me why Fox "HD" games - at least here in Seattle - look like hot garbage?

If you have Sunday Ticket, you know how bad the games look on CBS as well. I've read that Fox/DirecTV is satellite "starved" and so they don't send out the games from the trucks at a high bandwidth. I've never really paid attention, but if that were true, fewer games should mean a better picture. Anecdotally, I've noticed late afternoon games look better than early kickoff games

brentech

I'm not sure why you'd play Matthews at this point.

This is now talent evaluating season.
I wanna see a lot of Bostick, White, and Stoneburner.

Can't wait until we have Harris back. Just rest everyone until pre-season next year.
Bad circumstance for the team, but who knows when Rodgers could come back. Not willing to wave the flag yet.

Seen something on twitter saying Philbin told Incognito to toughen up Martin.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...dolphins-hazing-1106-20131105,0,1628986.story

you-cant-handle-the-truth.gif

Spinluck

Time for some meaningless stats!

Add another 4th Quarter Comeback and Game Winning Drive to Andrew Luck's career numbers. Andrew's 7 total passing and rushing touchdowns in the past 2 games have moved him past Peyton Manning through 24 games for combined touchdowns.

In just 24 games, Andrew has 17 wins, with 10 of them coming from game winning drives. 59% of Andrew's wins have come from game winning drives. That is just astonishing.

Team Points Forced:
Andrew 571
Peyton 533

Team Points Allowed:
Andrew 542
Peyton 607

Team Wins:
Andrew 17
Peyton 9

Game Winning Drives:
Andrew 10
Peyton 5

4th Quarter Comebacks:
Andrew 7
Peyton 5

Completions:
Andrew 493
Peyton 492

Passing Attempts:
Andrew 891
Peyton 851

Passing Yards:
Andrew 6,219
Peyton 6,021

Yards Per Completion:
Andrew 12.61
Peyton 12.24

Completion Percentage:
Andrew 55.3%
Peyton 57.8%

Yards Per Attempt:
Andrew 6.98
Peyton 7.08

Longest Pass:
Andrew 73
Peyton 78

Passing Touchdowns:
Andrew 36
Peyton 41

Interceptions:
Andrew 21
Peyton 37

Quarterback Rating:
Andrew 80.9
Peyton 77.7

Rushing Attempts:
Andrew 90
Peyton 32

Rushing Yards:
Andrew 438
Peyton 75

Rushing Average:
Andrew 4.9
Peyton 2.3

Longest Run:
Andrew 19
Peyton 15

Rushing Touchdowns:
Andrew 8
Peyton 2

Combined Passing and Rushing Touchdowns:
Andrew 44
Peyton 43

They both have better rushing numbers than Trent Truck.

Just found some garbage college game on ESPN2. First play I watch the QB runs backwards 20 yards to avoid a sack and throws the ball from his own 4 to the sideline. It didn't even make it to the line of scrimmage. Then the refs called intentional grounding and a safety. A safety on a pass from the four yard line, lol. Refs got together and talked, ref went to the replay booth, then came back and said the spot of the foul could not be reviewed. Amazingly embarrassing, haha.
So the replacement refs from the NFL last year got new jobs. Awesome!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
CODE RED

you still have a QB who cannot pass from within the pocket.... whether he has protection or not!
Not that you're the one doing this, but it's funny watching people trash Wilson but then make excuses for their own QB when their offensive line fails them. You know, not like being behind the worst offensive line in the NFL over the past several weeks would matter at all.

CODE RED

Not that you're the one doing this, but it's funny watching people trash Wilson but then make excuses for their own QB when their offensive line fails them. You know, not like being behind the worst offensive line in the NFL over the past several weeks would matter at all.

i think wussle is incredible outside the pocket and when the play breaks down. he's so slippery and shifty that it makes it difficult. but i have rarely, and i mean incredibly rarely, seen him drop back, hit his back foot and make a good read/throw. both of his INT's against TB came from within the pocket. he did have the TD but it was on a gimmick fake wr screen getting the CB to bite.

not hating just an observation!

And you have a QB who can't pass at all unless he's playing GB!

this is true and now they're not even going to make the playoffs so we'll likely be one and done :(

squicken

Time for some meaningless stats!

They both have better rushing numbers than Trent Truck.

It's such a different game than when Peyton was a rookie. Maybe one of two 400 yard games a year. Now it is weekly

But no doubt Luck puts notion that "clutch is just random" to a bit of hmmm

Bad circumstance for the team, but who knows when Rodgers could come back. Not willing to wave the flag yet.
I waived the flag in 2010 after he got concussed and they won the Superb Owl.

Maybe they'll do it again.

My lack of faith is a badge of honor.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
wilson-to-rice-10-14-12.gif

See this beautiful pocket? Wish we had more like it.

A bunch of Wilson's big plays the past few weeks were also from the pocket.

wilson-to-rice-10-14-12.gif

See this beautiful pocket? Wish we had more like it.

A bunch of Wilson's big plays the past few weeks were also from the pocket.

he literally had 1 big play against the rams and while it was from within the pocket the ball should've been picked. he's an outside the pocket QB and a jump ball QB. the majority of his successful plays come from outside the pocket. no shame in that but lets be up front about it!

beast786

hey guys , how about them first place lions.

Stinky bears. hope cutler plays. Suh need to make sure cutler groin is ok.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
he literally had 1 big play against the rams and while it was from within the pocket the ball should've been picked. he's an outside the pocket QB and a jump ball QB. the majority of his successful plays come from outside the pocket. no shame in that but lets be up front about it!
Does Wilson excel outside the pocket? Sure. Is he lost and inept inside it? No.

Top Bottom