• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 10 |OT| - [expletive] this [expletive] [expletive]

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Except in athletics it's rolling. Everyone gets both ends if they want.
More to the point, the belief that it's rolling is more important than it actually doing so. Then those getting shat on endure thinking they'll be the ones someday, but it breaks down when they realize they probably won't.

Still, it being rolling doesn't really justify it. Like passing around a bag of shit instead of throwing it in the dumpster.

is it too late to tank for clowney?
D-Line is a need but I'd love to see them draft someone on the O-Line. Interior, probably.
Bulaga is good but injury prone perhaps. Khal Drogo will get better with time and they really like Tretter.

Anyway Ted's trading back most likely so whatever.

brentech

Why did I listen to this podcast.

old-man-crying-gif.gif
Oh man, yeah. So he actually tried to work it back out and get back out there.

Him getting choked up talking about fan reception when he walked back out on field was, "that's my quarterback" moment.
Sucks. Nothing you can do to progress that injury healing in terms of PT.

Mrbob

D-Line is a need but I'd love to see them draft someone on the O-Line. Interior, probably.
Bulaga is good but injury prone perhaps. Khal Drogo will get better with time and they really like Tretter.

Anyway Ted's trading back most likely so whatever.

You guys need your own Kyle Long.

I'm going to completely ignore the fact I laughed with everyone else when the Bears took him in the first round, and now bask with pride he looks to be the best olineman drafted.

Slo

I'm glad that the NFL is taking this bullying thing seriously. And while we're at it, I feel that the Vikings are owned 42 years worth of participation trophies, and a whole fuck load of orange slices and juice boxes. Reparations must be made, motherfuckers.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yup, that's the stuff I expect to hear a lot about now and I'm sure coaches are installing a no hazing policy ASAP in their locker rooms.
Pete Carroll already has this. Although I'm sure it's greatly aided by so many young key players being on the team. If you were an old vet you were more than likely cut to begin with!

jWILL253

Banned
I was just thinking about the possibility of having a 14-2 team, and a 13-3 team in the same division.

Both West divisions are experiencing the biggest concentration of talent and quality ever...

Go Hawks!

jbug617

Banned
Jermaine Wiggins was on the radio sharing some of the Vikings hazing stories. One of them was that Erasmus James didn't want to do something so they took his clothes and put it in the cold bath and then left it outside so it could freeze.

The other one involved Brock Lesnar and they wanted to shave his hair and Lesnar freaked out. He ended up banging on the walls saying f that. They ended up tying him up to the goal post and dumping cold water on him.

Wiggins said when he was with the Jets he only had to get breakfast for coaches and players.

Troy Brown shared a story when Wilfork was a rookie. They had a team dinner and they had to calm down Wilfork because guys over did it by buying bottles of wine to take home and Vince was pissed. I believe he said a vet end up help pay the bill

Jermaine Wiggins was on the radio sharing some of the Vikings hazing stories. One of them was that Erasmus James didn't want to do something so they took his clothes and put it in the cold bath and then left it outside so it could freeze.

The other one involved Brock Lesnar and they wanted to shave his hair and Lesnar freaked out. He ended up banging on the walls saying f that. They ended up tying him up to the goal post and dumping cold water on him.

Wiggins said when he was with the Jets he only had to get breakfast for coaches and players.

Troy Brown shared a story when Wilfork was a rookie. They had a team dinner and they had to calm down Wilfork because guys over did it by buying bottles of wine to take home and Vince was pissed. I believe he said a vet end up help pay the bill
I bet Vince flipped a table.

It's ok, the police are taking care of the 49er's roster!

i still can't believe aldon smith ran over a predestrian then fled the scene so he couldn't be tested for DUI and later said he "didn't realize" he hit a pedestrian. what a scumbag. AND he got another DUI that keeps getting pushed back in court! ridiculous

oh wait that was marshawn lynch

Syrinx

The one hazing story I do remember was on Hard Knocks, or something like that I watched on NFL Network once, with I believe the Ravens. Some rookie didn't want to participate in the rookie talent show so the vets put him in an ice bath.

I don't know why I remember that one in particular as it seems fairly tame considering what else has been posted. But yeah.

mr2xxx

Banned
Go Redskins! Help us get that top three pick!

Also, what is with all these stupid high scoring games this season. It seems every week a team is breaking the 50 point barrier.

We got your back, with your help we can fuck over the Rams!

Nope. Listening to the Dolphins talk it's clear this was common language amongst teammates.

Incognito is definitely a fucking moronic bully who shouldve realized Martin was too soft for the adult table but it's not some cultural issue worthy of national hand wringing and navel gazing.

I dont know who you are but I probably dislike you too.

These guys bash each other for a living. They break bones and bust knees and scramble brains. How can you possible impose the workplace rules of an accountants office on a profession like that?

Thousands of pro football players who spent their lives in the sport being told how things should be by a majority of video gamers who are 18, without a job & probably still live with their parents.

Sorry, the "cultural" argument never holds up anywhere, and certainly not in a court of law. Racist behavior, hazing, verbal and physical abuse are always wrong, regardless of setting. This is college fraternity 101 bullshit and it doesn't fly with the same public that pays the paychecks.

I work in a profession where I help identify bad men and authorize large explosives to be dropped on their heads. You know, actual war as opposed to grown men being paid large sums of money to entertain us. That behavior would never be tolerated under my command and I'd have any violators earning their BTZ to mister status in a New York minute.

The military, like the NFL, deals with all sorts of behavioral problems. The good men and women expose them, take appropriate actions to end them and punish the perpetrators, and then continue to uphold a civilized code of conduct in the work place.

The cavemen say it's a cultural thing and do nothing.

Congrats on being a caveman.

Narag

@MarkViviano 28m
Bart Scott on CBS Radio: if Richie Incognito was a RAVEN they would've torn the logo off his chest & kicked him out the door.@cbsbaltimore

Top Bottom