• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 10 |OT| - [expletive] this [expletive] [expletive]

Line problems is a massive understatement. Flacco isn't a top 5 qb this year but he's not bottom 15 either like you make it seem. Everyone makes a bad throw here and there. And for the last fucking time his contract is not the reason for ANY of the ravens troubles this year

Give me a metric where he's not.

It was before. Yeah good thing he wasn't here for the Pats game.

but the thing is who didn't know the steelers were going to be trash this year? the writing was on the wall. they haven't been good for a few years. i suppose this is the first year where they are a true bottom feeder but he's going to have a long absence if he won't come back until they are good again!

cdyhybrid

but the thing is who didn't know the steelers were going to be trash this year? the writing was on the wall. they haven't been good for a few years. i suppose this is the first year where they are a true bottom feeder but he's going to have a long absence if he won't come back until they are good again!

The Seahawks are good so he can come back very soon!

Does jak expect to not get shit when he gets back? Cause if he really left because of the steelers play it's gonna be even worse when he comes back, because he left.

lol wut? What the hell does dropping explosives or 'actual war' have to do with what is being discussed here. That is so damn random. The military command structure shares little with that of multi-billion dollar professional sports teams. Or did you just want everyone to know you are in the military as if it somehow strengthens your argument, because it doesn't. It makes you look silly.

As for what i bolded... Did you not go through bootcamp? That is an accepted form of hazing... or did you intentionally gloss over that fact in your race to call someone a cave man? Bootcamp is a form of hazing meant to break you down - through physical/mental exhaustion, fear, intimidation, ridicule, yelling, screaming, threatening, you name it - so you can be built back up in a way that better serves the military's mission. It's something every single military member can relate to cause we've all been there, We've all done it... and none of us enjoyed it.

As a veteran, I will be damned if a civilian with no military service tries to lecture me about anything concerning military life. So I find it strange that you, a military man, is surpised that NFL players are being defensive about this... about people trying to lecture them about something they know nothing about.

It's been far too long since you went through boot camp, since that behavior is neither tolerated or accepted anymore in any of the services.

I spent four years of my career at a training base, so allow me to enlighten you on the new military training structure. Everything is tied into clear training objectives, nothing can be done that is demeaning or insulting to a trainee, and there is zero ridicule, intimidation, or threatening. None. If a drill sergeant, MTL, or MTI does any of those things you mentioned and it gets reported (which it always does), they get shit canned immediately and are disciplined.

It is precisely that sort of ineffective, asinine training methods leaking to the public that forced all the services to completely overhaul their training techniques. In other words, your info is grossly inaccurate in today's military.

You still have people yelling at you when you do something unsafe or something that will get you out your platoon killed. You still get pushed physically and mentally to the point of sheer exhaustion, but nothing beyond that. The results have been exceptional across the board and interviews with trainees and their leadership in the field backs this up.

The old guard hates how we train now for precisely the same reasons several NFL vets have come out and said they don't see much wrong here. They went through it. It's ingrained in their mindset as acceptable, and they tacitly accept it.

They're wrong, and then victim blaming Martin is shameless.

What was the goal with what Incognito did, beyond humiliation and fear? How exactly does anyone with a basic belief in human decency see a positive here?

UberTag

And it's official... the Detroit Lions are World Champions of Poker!

poker_a_riess_gb2_576x324.jpg

Perhaps someday they'll win a Super Bowl.

It's been far too long since you went through boot camp, since that behavior is neither tolerated or accepted anymore in any of the services.

I spent four years of my career at a training base, so allow me to enlighten you on the new military training structure.
What did you do?

jWILL253

Banned
You know, for a guy named "Richie Incognito", he sure did such a shitty job of being a dick on the low.

... I'll get my coat.

EDIT: Fuck whoever beat me to this joke.

Top Bottom