• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 10 |OT| - [expletive] this [expletive] [expletive]

jWILL253

Banned
zIQIt.gif

I feel so terrible for laughing at this...

It's been far too long since you went through boot camp, since that behavior is neither tolerated or accepted anymore in any of the services.

I spent four years of my career at a training base, so allow me to enlighten you on the new military training structure. Everything is tied into clear training objectives, nothing can be done that is demeaning or insulting to a trainee, and there is zero ridicule, intimidation, or threatening. None. If a drill sergeant, MTL, or MTI does any of those things you mentioned and it gets reported (which it always does), they get shit canned immediately and are disciplined.

It is precisely that sort of ineffective, asinine training methods leaking to the public that forced all the services to completely overhaul their training techniques. In other words, your info is grossly inaccurate in today's military.

You still have people yelling at you when you do something unsafe or something that will get you out your platoon killed. You still get pushed physically and mentally to the point of sheer exhaustion, but nothing beyond that. The results have been exceptional across the board and interviews with trainees and their leadership in the field backs this up.

The old guard hates how we train now for precisely the same reasons several NFL vets have come out and said they don't see much wrong here. They went through it. It's ingrained in their mindset as acceptable, and they tacitly accept it.

They're wrong, and then victim blaming Martin is shameless.

What was the goal with what Incognito did, beyond humiliation and fear? How exactly does anyone with a basic belief in human decency see a positive here?

Woah their hoss, you are comparing military hazing, which included drowning recruits & sticking pins into their chest to someone saying mean words on someones twitter account & voicemail?

The military must have really changed since the old days.

So pissed right now came home from work to find my TV and laptop had been stolen. I gonna have to move cause this is the second time I've been robbed at this apartment which also means I gonna have to cancel directv and Sunday Ticket also :(

Miguel

Every 15 minutes GAF goes down, Evilore gets another PS4 or Xbone game. A week's worth of outages is another console to build his new house out of.

Greg

So pissed right now came home from work to find my TV and laptop had been stolen. I gonna have to move cause this is the second time I've been robbed at this apartment which also means I gonna have to cancel directv and Sunday Ticket also :(
damn, sorry to hear that man

thieves are pieces of shit

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Wtf.

Dude, Rell, where do you live? Get the fuck up outta there. Stay strong Lions Brother.

It's been far too long since you went through boot camp, since that behavior is neither tolerated or accepted anymore in any of the services.

I spent four years of my career at a training base, so allow me to enlighten you on the new military training structure. Everything is tied into clear training objectives, nothing can be done that is demeaning or insulting to a trainee, and there is zero ridicule, intimidation, or threatening. None. If a drill sergeant, MTL, or MTI does any of those things you mentioned and it gets reported (which it always does), they get shit canned immediately and are disciplined.

It is precisely that sort of ineffective, asinine training methods leaking to the public that forced all the services to completely overhaul their training techniques. In other words, your info is grossly inaccurate in today's military.

You still have people yelling at you when you do something unsafe or something that will get you out your platoon killed. You still get pushed physically and mentally to the point of sheer exhaustion, but nothing beyond that. The results have been exceptional across the board and interviews with trainees and their leadership in the field backs this up.

The old guard hates how we train now for precisely the same reasons several NFL vets have come out and said they don't see much wrong here. They went through it. It's ingrained in their mindset as acceptable, and they tacitly accept it.

They're wrong, and then victim blaming Martin is shameless.

What was the goal with what Incognito did, beyond humiliation and fear? How exactly does anyone with a basic belief in human decency see a positive here?

Yes, please enlighten me. I just got out 8 months ago and i have no idea how the military functions. Of course, I wasnt authorizing bombs to be dropped on peoples heads so i aint bout dat life LOLOL

You think there is no intimidation in basic? That a trainee is going to complain because a TI is being mean? Get real. You take kids with no experience with the military, throw them into an entirely new and hostile environment where they have no control over their actions, and they are constantly being yelled at, and you think there is no intimidation? You are delusional.

Basic training is not a fucking participation event. It's an initiation process where you must endure significant hardship. You must earn the right to be a part of the group. Hmmmm... there is a word that describes that sentence... starts with an H. For some reason, it escapes me at this moment. Anyway, you don't just go and get to graduate by just being there. The purpose is to weed people out who are not suitable to the stress of the military lifestyle.

You are delusional if you don't think trainees are scared in basic. That they aren't intimidated in basic. That they aren't pushed to the point of physical and mental exhaustion in basic. That they aren't being threatened with not making it or being kicked out. That they aren't being made an example of or punished because they continuously fuck up. That they don't see some of their peers get kicked out and sent home from basic.

Not everyone makes it through basic. That is a fact. A lot of people that don't make it wash out because they simply can't handle the stress. I'm not saying that trainees are being outright humiliated or assaulted or anything other forms of extreme hazing that would obviously be punished under the UCMJ... but what exists in basic is a light form of hazing. No other employer vets their employee's in the same way because it simply wouldn't be acceptable behavior in the private sector.

Damn, dude, sorry to hear. You said you lived in Milwaukee, right?

Fuck is Scam doing up here?

Show 'im who's boss, MS.

Yeah I guess I have to go back to bw3 downtown to watch Lions games unless directv can discontinue service but still allow me to us Sunday Ticket Max on my phone or a computer

JABEE

Everyone is in a good mood tonight, I see.

Gata, no one should bully you on these forums as long as you buy us expensive drinks and vacations.

Where is jakncoke? Did he leave or something?

How are you doing YankeeHater? I think Foles should do well against the Packers. I'm optimistic about this team's chances to make the playoffs.

Not sure if it was already posted from I'm pretty sure this post is the one that got Lunchbox banned again:

I can buy your house 3 times over and fill it with copies of killzone 4 sandwiched in it shit

know who you're talking to fam, Astroturfers try to buy my OTs and I show them how I wear their net worth on my left wrist

eznark

Banned
Bragging about dropping bombs on people's heads is more offensive than anything Incognito said.

At least Shake has the decency to only brag about his free health care!

Tamanon

Banned
Is it February 2nd, 2014 yet? I don`t know what I`d do once the Lions win a SuperBowl. It would would be close to the happiest day of my life.

Lead us to the promised land, Matthew.

It's alright, I don't know what I'd do if I found a pony that ate problems and shit gold. You don't have to plan for every fantastical possibility.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
It's alright, I don't know what I'd do if I found a pony that ate problems and shit gold. You don't have to plan for every fantastical possibility.

Admit it Tam, you`d root for us once we even reached the NFC Championship!

You would be welcome on the Lions bandwagon. I`d root for the Jags if they did the same.

1395219_10151950444928605_2117811089_n.jpg

I`m just enjoying the ride.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Hopefully you've seen this, but if not check it out.

Stafford mic'd up

It's much longer than the NFL.com one.

Yeah I saw it, but it was worth a watch again. One thing Stafford has not been given credit for is how quick he releases the ball and how he rarely turns over. About 4 of his INTs have come off of tipped balls.

And the Lions offensive line, last I checked, has allowed the fewest sacks in the league. Thats a testament to how well they have played but also how quick Stafford goes through his reads and releases the ball.

I just wish we had more depth at the WR position. Burleson comes , I think, after the Bears game but he isn`t the compliment to Megatron like Titus Young was. Who knows though maybe Kris Durham really is better than advertised....

Edit:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&role=TM&tabSeq=2

Yup, Lions have allowed the least amount of sacks in the league thus far.

Trasher

Yeah I saw it, but it was worth a watch again. One thing Stafford has not been given credit for is how quick he releases the ball and how he rarely turns over. About 4 of his INTs have come off of tipped balls.

And the Lions offensive line, last I checked, has allowed the fewest sacks in the league. Thats a testament to how well they have played but also how quick Stafford goes through his reads and releases the ball.

I just wish we had more depth at the WR position. Burleson comes , I think, after the Bears game but he isn`t the compliment to Megatron like Titus Young was. Who knows though maybe Kris Durham really is better than advertised....

Edit:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&role=TM&tabSeq=2

Durham has actually gotten a bit better over the course of this season.

As tired as I am of this whole Incognito situation I have to ask --- who else is going to get thrown under the bus for this? Could Philbin lose his job?

This team is a joke.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wow, that was quick. They already got the banner up at Ford Field.

vUbjTNI.jpg

:lol

Would not be surprised. I'm shocked they haven't started building a statue merely for Johnson's 2nd-best receiving yards day.

That's literally what the statue would be--no player, just the words "2nd-best receiving yards day ever" in stone.

Everyone is in a good mood tonight, I see.

Gata, no one should bully you on these forums as long as you buy us expensive drinks and vacations.

Where is jakncoke? Did he leave or something?

How are you doing YankeeHater? I think Foles should do well against the Packers. I'm optimistic about this team's chances to make the playoffs.

I am doing fantastic my friend. Hope things are going well with you. I worry that Foles will lay an egg like he did against the Cowboys. Hopefully he doesn't take the Packers lightly.

Godslay

Banned

Edit:

Durham is Thundercracker. I did see that sack stat. Impressive. Just makes me wish Clady was healthy cause it would be even less for the Broncos. Makes me laugh at the guy who implied that the Broncos line was terrible.

Denver Broncos lost another offensive lineman: to soul searching.

Denver Broncos guard John Moffitt has decided to give up football at the age of 27.

The Broncos placed Moffitt on the reserve/left squad list Tuesday after he failed to report to the team after the Week 9 bye. Center J.D. Walton was activated from the reserve/physically unable to perform list to take his roster spot.

Moffitt, the No. 75 overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, is doing some "soul-searching" due to his lack of playing time, a source close to Moffitt told the Denver Post.

It sounds like Moffitt has already found his answer. The former Seahawks guard said to Dave "Softy" Mahler of KJR-AM Seattle on Tuesday that he's "ready to live a different kind of life" outside of football.

A 15-game starter over three NFL seasons, Moffitt was a healthy scratch in six of eight games since the Broncos acquired him from the Seahawks in a convoluted August trade.

Now that he has plenty of free time on his hands, he would be well advised to steer clear of local shopping malls.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-moffitt-leaves-denver-broncos-quits-football

Denver Broncos lost another offensive lineman: to soul searching.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-moffitt-leaves-denver-broncos-quits-football

Last year I had a long conversation with him at a party and after what he said this doesn't surprise me. He was basically over the game. He said he no longer had any love for it. He called Pete Carroll a cunt which is kind of funny and the worst coach he ever played for.
he also seemed to think that PED's were the norm in the league. He also talked about how he was on the field for that replacement ref blown call and even he could see the call was bullshit. It was fun to talk to a pro who just basically shit all over the league.

Top Bottom