• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 10 |OT| - [expletive] this [expletive] [expletive]

64isvzA.jpg

Gata must love this pic.

Guess who just got named AFC Offensive player of the week?

JASON CAMPBELL BITCHES!!!

JCAMP! JCAMP! JCAMP!

I said in the last thread I think he's a legit NFL starter and people laughed. I'm standing by my guns.

Don't post facts in here! People who got out of the military as recently as eight months ago know more about military training than those of us who got paid to do it as our job for multiple years.

The real crime here is all the idiots who are victim shaming Martin in all this. "Yes, your honor, I did threaten to kill that man and hurt his family...but we all do it!"

Drakeon

Guess who just got named AFC Offensive player of the week?

JASON CAMPBELL BITCHES!!!

JCAMP! JCAMP! JCAMP!

Imagine if you'd been starting Hoyer/Jcamp this entire season, Browns could be legit competing for the NFC North (to some extent, they are now, but they've gotta rely on a Bengals collapse as well).

I said in the last thread I think he's a legit NFL starter and people laughed. I'm standing by my guns.

Don't post facts in here! People who got out of the military as recently as eight months ago know more about military training than those of us who got paid to do it as our job for multiple years.

The real crime here is all the idiots who are victim shaming Martin in all this. "Yes, your honor, I did threaten to kill that man and hurt his family...but we all do it!"

Dont drop a bomb on me bro :(

bionic77

It makes no sense to play any of your playmakers for the rest of the year, especially in lieu of 4-6 week thing.
He'll be back but he'll also be skiddish and still not 100%.

The only reason you'd want Rodgers to take reps for the rest of the 2013 Season is to get some chemistry with the newbies.

Tank the season, get a good draft pick and use it to leverage your future.
Ben came back after a knee injury in 2005 and he was skittish in the first game but after that he and the team went into beast mode and we won the Super Bowl.

Considering how shit the league is I would never throw away this season if I had a chance to make the playoffs. Someone bad is going to win, why not your team?

ShaneB

Yeah, it's insane.

Also at that Walmart thread, wish I hadn't checked it out, now I'm just jealous :(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Imagine if you'd been starting Hoyer/Jcamp this entire season, Browns could be legit competing for the NFC North (to some extent, they are now, but they've gotta rely on a Bengals collapse as well).

I understand why they started off with Weeden. They had to know for sure if there was anything there. It has definitely set us back for even trying for the playoffs but the Browns at this time at least control their destiny even a bit.

Play against the Bengals after this bye week, then take on the Steelers then the Jags.

Needless to say the next game is the biggest of the season...
until the next biggest game of the season.

I still want to believe the Browns/Jets game in week 16 will be flexed to Sunday night!

LJ11

So many teams waste picks on offensive skill players only to have them attempt to run through no holes, have no time to pass or get open get open on routes. O-Linemen are the safest picks too.

Are they, you see a lot of bust OL in the first.

Godslay

Banned
That fucking Walmart thread. Can't believe I missed it.

Yeah, I tried adding that stuff to my cart this morning when everything was still $8.85. Wouldn't let me do it, it was borked. That was around 730 or so central time. I've got a ton of monitors and like 4 tvs, but wouldn't hurt to have a few more I guess.

Miguel

I just discovered a path where the Texans can claim the last wild card spot in the playoffs.

They're only 2 games behind in the loss column. A quick collapse of the Jets, plus the Titans are a division rival, and Miami is on the verge of collapsing. Texans winning their next 3 games (Cardinals, Raiders, Jaguars) and we're right in it. I think it's the Charger's spot to lose in all honesty.

It's not looking good with some of our injury concerns, but it is at least a very slim chance to happen .

We absolutely have to win the next 3 though.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
They're only 2 games behind in the loss column. A quick collapse of the Jets, plus the Titans are a division rival, and Miami is on the verge of collapsing. Texans winning their next 3 games (Cardinals, Raiders, Jaguars) and we're right in it. I think it's the Charger's spot to lose in all honesty.

It's not looking good with some of our injury concerns, but it is at least a very slim chance to happen .

Browns still have a chance as well my friend.

dionysus

Yaldog

Why do this to yourself? We all know how this ends.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000244632/It-s-good-it-s-blocked-it-s-no-good

I got in right away on that Walmart business and ordered Pokemon X. It's a 24 hour store so they put it in store pickup right away. Just about to leave to pick it up now.

The idiots are the ones who ordered ten Acer monitors or whatever for $8.85.

Miguel

I have two things working against each other.

Sports fan and gambling on long odds (parlays, impossible plays)

Sure they're impossible for a reason, but look at this week's schedule alone. How impossible is it for the following to happen?

Titans over Jaguars (Jags aren't going to do us an favors, but the rest all directly help the Texans.

Steelers over Bills
Giants over Raiders
Bengals over Ravens
Texans over Cardinals
Broncos over Chargers
Buccan...nevermind.

dionysus

Yaldog
The possible never becomes the actual with the Texans. What were the odds the Texans would lose after being up 21 to 6 at halftime, yet...the coach had a stroke, AJ had a clear catch ruled incomplete that resulted in a punt, and Bullock missed some field goals.

Narag

According to Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald, Incognito was more accepted by African American teammates than Martin was.

“Richie is honarary,” a former Dolphins player who knew both said. “I don’t expect you to understand because you’re not black. But being a black guy, being a brother is more than just about skin color. It’s about how you carry yourself. How you play. Where you come from. What you’ve experienced. A lot of things.”

Story just gets weirder

Story just gets weirder

I understand this mentality. A friend of mine, for most of his life, has gotten along better with African-Americans than people his own race. The lifestyle he lived shaped his distrust for White people, even though he is White; which in turn helped him -- and still does -- to relate better to minorities. Really strange, but I do understand how this can happen.

Miguel

The possible never becomes the actual with the Texans. What were the odds the Texans would lose after being up 21 to 6 at halftime, yet...the coach had a stroke, AJ had a clear catch ruled incomplete that resulted in a punt, and Bullock missed some field goals.

I get that. And as a Texans (hell, Houston) fan in general, I know better. But as a fan, I'm always going to pull for my team to make the playoffs until mathemetically eliminated.

Except the Astros. They've been mathematically eliminated for 10 years since the 2005 season ended.

I understand this mentality. A friend of mine, for most of his life, has gotten along better with African-Americans than people his own race. The lifestyle he lived shaped his distrust for White people, even though he is White; which in turn helped him -- and still does -- to relate better to minorities. Really strange, but I do understand how this can happen.

That's because skin color doesn't matter, where you are raised and with who you're around shape the person you become, not what color your skin is (Although skin color can have an effect on how people treat you of course).

I think this shows really bad leadership on the players and poor communication with the coaches, as more stuff comes it it's just clear Philbin doesn't have control of this team.

Wooooooooooooo just got an email from the NFL with a code for free NFL game rewind. They already gave me free redzone mobile earlier in the season. It is great that they are doing things like this for season ticket holders, hopefully they keep it up in the future.

That's because skin color doesn't matter, where you are raised and with who you're around shape the person you become, not what color your skin is (Although skin color can have an effect on how people treat you of course).

Exactly. People relate to those who have walked the paths they have.

Top Bottom