• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 10 |OT| - [expletive] this [expletive] [expletive]

Furyous

I knew JC had it in him. Bum ass Weeden cost us games. I wish JC had a coach that believed in him, a great running game, a team that let him start for years, and a stout defense aka the Alex Smith treatment.

In any JC out there Favring.

Miguel

Odds for Texans to win AFC Championship game 150 to 1.

350 to 1 to win Super Bowl.

*puts 50 on Texans AFC Champs*

Bowser

Week 10 Maps

y2Mgz86.jpg

C8nHK2Z.jpg

Rj2cCXX.jpg

CAR @ SF televised in NYC

tumblr_lq5bflnTXv1qbuyw5.gif

I knew JC had it in him. Bum ass Weeden cost us games. I wish JC had a coach that believed in him, a great running game, a team that let him start for years, and a stout defense aka the Alex Smith treatment.

In any JC out there Favring.

Gonna be a while before the running game gets on track. We have good pass blocking, but our run blocking is atrocious. having an ancient RB that's lost a few steps doesn't help the cause either.

Would be quite happy if one of the 2 1sts we have coming is OL. Probably RT so Schwartz can move to RG thus improving two positions with one pick.

Although, yes, JCamp is looking good.

Damn I was sitting at work bored all morning and never ventured into the gaming side as a habit, had I seen that I would have try to get some stuff from wal mart, ah well.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Gonna be a while before the running game gets on track. We have good pass blocking, but our run blocking is atrocious. having an ancient RB that's lost a few steps doesn't help the cause either.

Would be quite happy if one of the 2 1sts we have coming is OL. Probably RT so Schwartz can move to RG thus improving two positions with one pick.

Although, yes, JCamp is looking good.

Chud has been saying he plans to let Ogbonnaya (sp?) get more carries going forward.

For the limited carries he has had he's looked pretty good, so hopefully that can help alleviate things slightly.

Also guys you'd think by now Jdez would be back. :(

Miguel

bXFqTee.png

QgEE6Ly.png

Of course, we play the the Boston Lifelongs after that.

But for a brief moment we might sniff the playoffs!

beast786

It makes no sense to play any of your playmakers for the rest of the year, especially in lieu of 4-6 week thing.
He'll be back but he'll also be skiddish and still not 100%.

The only reason you'd want Rodgers to take reps for the rest of the 2013 Season is to get some chemistry with the newbies.

Tank the season, get a good draft pick and use it to leverage your future.

A cowardly plan from a cowardly teams fan.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
da fuck, it wasn't his throwing arm that got hurt.
Favre would have played through the pain.

What's the point? The Packers already started out the season poorly, have half their key players out injured, and are doomed to lose 1 or 2 more games at least thanks to their sucky backup QB. Do you really want to rush back Rodgers and risk him getting hurt again just to fight for a wild card spot with the Panthers? Or would you rather accept the tank, have a good 1st rounder draft, get a better backup QB and have a revenge season next year?

Plus, who knows, perhaps the Rodgersless-Packers will get lucky and manage to win enough games to make the playoffs still plausible when he returns.

Fox318

bXFqTee.png

QgEE6Ly.png

Of course, we play the the Boston Lifelongs after that.

But for a brief moment we might sniff the playoffs!
Jets aren't going to lose twice.

They have beat the bills so much over the past few years and outside of a rookie qb mistake by geno they destroyed the bills.

The ravens can't run the ball now and they won't be able to run against the jets.

Miguel

Jets aren't going to lose twice.

They have beat the bills so much over the past few years and outside of a rookie qb mistake by geno they destroyed the bills.

The ravens can't run the ball now and they won't be able to run against the jets.

Jacoby Jones will be traded from the Packers to the Ravens and get some garbage return or long reception to win the game.

*Hugs $327 55" TV*

Also, Rodgers missing the Thanksgiving Day game?

This is a good day so far.

I am disappointed Rodgers is out this week. I want to see how much the Eagles D has actually improved. I would rather my team beats other teams when they are at 100%

Are you saying he can't condemn hazing AND brag about killing people at the same time? How dare you...

Special delivery coming to casa de eznark (aka known terrorist stronghold) courtesy of the US Gov't!

There was zero bragging in what I wrote. Only a psychopath would enjoy killing someone. I expect someone with combat experience would understand what I wrote.

The point was quite simple, but I'll dumb it down for you:

Football is a sport that we all enjoy immensely, but people were trying to defend this type of behavior by saying that these are grown men asked to destroy each other for a living. I was pointing out that in a career field where we actually do destroy people for a living we don't accept or tolerate such bullshit.

But you knew that already...

Bowser

Steve Smith weighs in on the Incognito/Martin situation:

Bill Voth ‏@billvoth 39m
Real good chat right now with Steve Smith. He was ADAMANT the #Dolphins situation is not what happens in NFL locker rooms.

Bill Voth ‏@billvoth 38m
Smith, who readily admits to his mistakes, says he’s never seen or heard of what Incognito’s accused of doing in his 13 years in NFL.

Bill Voth ‏@billvoth 37m
Smith then asked Greg Olsen for his opinion. Olsen: “Nope, that is in no way indicative of an NFL locker room. It’s an isolated incident.”

Bill Voth ‏@billvoth 34m
Smith was mostly upset at media and players who have been saying it’s just the culture of the NFL. Again, he claims it’s absolutely not.

Milchjon

I liked this thread better when it wasn't about racism (well, a little less), extortion, killing people and dropping bombs.

Football shouldn't be such a bummer.

It should be about happy people.

brady380y4z.gif

Doing happy things.

bradyrun7ub0w.gif

And being happy.

XyhjdAR.gif

There was zero bragging in what I wrote. Only a psychopath would enjoy killing someone. I expect someone with combat experience would understand what I wrote.

The point was quite simple, but I'll dumb it down for you:

Football is a sport that we all enjoy immensely, but people were trying to defend this type of behavior by saying that these are grown men asked to destroy each other for a living. I was pointing out that in a career field where we actually do destroy people for a living we don't accept or tolerate such bullshit.

But you knew that already...

Then why mention it at all? We all think NFL players are asked to destroy others for a living? What???? Again, what the fuck are you talking about... and yet you are still wrong. Basic military training is a form of hazing(albeit light). So the military does accept it. Nowhere did i say the Military accepts all forms of hazing. I agree that the type of hazing that is going on with Incognito/Martin would never be accepted in today's military (and for good reason). You seem to be hung up on that as if i am defending that behavior. I am not. I am saying that i can understand how NFL players would be defensive over the issue because its something the vast majority of people do not experience and know nothing about. I would be similarly defensive if some civilian, who has never worn the uniform, tried to lecture me about what he/she thinks is wrong with how trainee's may be treated in basic.

Name any other employer that vets their employees with 8-12 weeks of sleep deprivation, intimidation, yelling, screaming, physical and mental exhaustion, and so on? The vetting process gets even more intense if you choose to become a part of any of the elite military groups(seals, rangers, tacp).

I will mention this again, being as you seem to gloss right over it... Basic military training is an initiation process where you must endure significant hardship. Hardship that is placed on you that is meant to break you down. You must be built back up and earn the right to be a part of the group. This is hazing!

Just because you are trying so damn hard to take the high road and condemn hazing in any form as bad or completely unacceptable doesn't mean basic is not a form of hazing.

bionic77

I hope Aaron Rodgers feels better . He is in my prayers.
You pussy.

I hope for all the bad things to happen to everyones team. Injuries, plague, STDs, arrests, etc. This includes the Steelers.

And I hope that Pats team plane crashes into the stadium killing all of the team and destroying the stadium.

Hunter S.

I liked this thread better when it wasn't about racism (well, a little less), extortion, killing people and dropping bombs.

Football shouldn't be such a bummer.

It should be about happy people.

Doing happy things.

And being happy.

It was a peaceful off-season, but I do feel the thread has a lot of anger now. I blame you Cheats fans of course. Pond scum you are.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Steve Smith weighs in on the Incognito/Martin situation:

yea, i would tend to agree with him and kind of surprised people here and some former players saying thats just how it is. I would hazard a guess that any white guys using the word nigger in almost any context in the locker rooms is fighting words.

with as much media coverage as there is nowadays you hear about any fights, you hear about rookie hazing, making guys cut their hair, or singing happy birthday to a coach, or mike tomlin banning all players from playing ping pong.

Top Bottom