• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 10 |OT| - [expletive] this [expletive] [expletive]

Milchjon

^^^^

Worst post ever

Don't fight the happiness

Cam-newton-GIF.gif

Dragon

Banned
You pussy.

I hope for all the bad things to happen to everyones team. Injuries, plague, STDs, arrests, etc. This includes the Steelers.

And I hope that Pats team plane crashes into the stadium killing all of the team and destroying the stadium.

Best fans in baseball were saying that after the Sox clinched last week. Do you really want yourself associated with those scum?

Bowser

Real talk:

Cam's smile always looks so fake to me.

Well, I guess you would be the authority on fake smiles, seeing as you've had to keep putting up a false bravado watching the atrocity that is the Cleveland Browns for the past 5 years.

igVNymH.gif

You sure as heck didn't make me a bitching avatar.

Fuck it, confirmed I will be following the Texans this week!

Forcing your avatar onto another team's flag (figuratively) constitutes as bitchin'? For rising against us you shall know the misery you are accustomed to as a Browns fan for another week. Bad kitty!

bionic77

Best fans in baseball were saying that after the Sox clinched last week. Do you really want yourself associated with those scum?
I don't want anything to do with baseball but I have to be honest in how I feel.

The only question right now is who do I hate more, the Steelers or the Patriots? Probably still the Patriots but the Steelers are a strong no.2 in that category.

Hunter S.

I don't want anything to do with baseball but I have to be honest in how I feel.

The only question right now is who do I hate more, the Steelers or the Patriots? Probably still the Patriots but the Steelers are a strong no.2 in that category.

Bionic you need a second team. I say the Broncos.

Tenumi

Banned
You pussy.

I hope for all the bad things to happen to everyones team. Injuries, plague, STDs, arrests, etc. This includes the Steelers.

And I hope that Pats team plane crashes into the stadium killing all of the team and destroying the stadium.

That's... excessive.

Real talk:

Cam's smile always looks so fake to me.

I agree. Don't know why, but I agree.

20130804_110602_peyton-manning.jpg

Peyton's guns will make a guy smile.

"That guy's pretty good. If you like... six-five, 230-pound quarterbacks with a... laser rocket arm...dinky pop-gun arm..."

Milchjon

Bears fan husband uses stun gun on Packers fan wife after a bet:

MAYVILLE | All is not fair in love and football.
That’s what one Illinois man found out last night during the intense Packers/Bears game that led him to use an electronic stun gun on his wife.

John Grant, 42, of Tinley Park, made his initial appearance today on the charge of use of an electric weapon.

A 12:39 a.m. a Mayville Police officer responded to Dan’s King Pin, 31 N. Main St., to speak to a woman who reported that her husband had used a stun gun on her three times while at Sidelines Tap, 111 S. Main St.

The wife said that while the two were smoking cigarettes outside of Sidelines, Grant had used the stun gun twice on her butt and once on her thigh. She said that she has burn marks on her butt although she did not request emergency medical treatment.

After the game the two walked back to the semi-truck that they call home and Grant was angry. He threw his wife’s dog out of the truck and would not let the woman in. At that time she walked back to Dan’s King Pin to use a telephone.

Grant said that the two had made a bet on the game as she is a Packers fan and he’s a Bears fan. If the Packers lost, she would be shocked with the stun gun.

In reviewing the woman’s text messages about the bet and a cellphone video, the officer determined that she did make the bet with her husband and that she did consent to having a stun gun being used on her. She told the officers that she didn’t think her husband would actually use the weapon on her.

The woman filled out a no consent form prior to the officer speaking with Grant. The form was considered void after reviewing the texts and video. In searching Grant’s semi-truck, police found a black stun gun. He was then taken into custody.

If convicted, Grant faces up to $10,000 in fines and up to six years in prison. Stun guns are illegal in Wisconsin without a conceal and carry permit. The man did not have a conceal and carry permit in any state. A Horicon Police officer and Dodge County Sheriff’s deputy also responded to the incident.

Steve Smith weighs in on the Incognito/Martin situation:

I'm a little confused here...what is it exactly that was going on the in the locker room that he's never seen before? Because the hair cuts and expensive dinners, carrying players pads, etc has been going on for years, the private texts/vm weren't apart of the locker room, if anything it seems that most if not all of the other players in the locker room weren't even aware that there was any 'bullying' outside of what I mentioned above. It just seems to me that this is an isolated incident between Incognito and Martin and the media keeps dragging this down as a 'toxic' locker room.

Milchjon

You know who's having his 24th birthday today?

aaron-hernandez-double-murder-elite-daily-600x300.png

Maybe someone shoves a candle up his ass in jail to celebrate this joyous occasion.

Then why mention it at all? We all think NFL players are asked to destroy others for a living? What???? Again, what the fuck are you talking about... and yet you are still wrong. Basic military training is a form of hazing(albeit light). So the military does accept it. Nowhere did i say the Military accepts all forms of hazing. I agree that the type of hazing that is going on with Incognito/Martin would never be accepted in today's military (and for good reason). You seem to be hung up on that as if i am defending that behavior. I am not. I am saying that i can understand how NFL players would be defensive over the issue because its something the vast majority of people do not experience and know nothing about. I would be similarly defensive if some civilian, who has never worn the uniform, tried to lecture me about what he/she thinks is wrong with how trainee's may be treated in basic.

Name any other employer that vets their employees with 8-12 weeks of sleep deprivation, intimidation, yelling, screaming, physical and mental exhaustion, and so on? The vetting process gets even more intense if you choose to become a part of any of the elite military groups(seals, rangers, tacp).

I will mention this again, being as you seem to gloss right over it... Basic military training is an initiation process where you must endure significant hardship. Hardship that is placed on you that is meant to break you down. You must be built back up and earn the right to be a part of the group. This is hazing!

Just because you are trying so damn hard to take the high road and condemn hazing in any form as bad or completely unacceptable doesn't mean basic is not a form of hazing.

These guys bash each other for a living. They break bones and bust knees and scramble brains. How can you possible impose the workplace rules of an accountants office on a profession like that?

Let's try again...

These guys bash each other for a living. They break bones and bust knees and scramble brains. How can you possible impose the workplace rules of an accountants office on a profession like that?

I'm replying to crap like that by pointing out, once again, that in a much more brutal profession than the NFL, we still don't tolerate this sort of behavior.

I'm sorry to hear you had such a harsh basic experience and that it's clearly scarred you for life. That's not how it works anymore. And it's 100% moot to the argument at hand.

I'm not the one that said military training is anything like the NFL. I said the opposite. Now you're stressing about sleep deprivation, intensity, etc. Do you have a point or are you just rambling?

There's nothing in your post that responds to what I've said or brought any relevant information to the topic at hand. Now you're just saying that you agree with me, but I can't judge NFL locker room culture because I'm not in the NFL? Because you wouldn't like a non-military person to point out problems in military culture, perceived or otherwise?

Preposterous. There's a reason that the military's senior leadership is always civilians, oftentimes folks who have never worn the uniform. They provide oversight and sanity checks to prevent a bad cultural mindset to take hold, stagnate, and ruin a good thing. Kind of like what happened in the Dolphins locker room.

Let's try again...

I'm replying to crap like that by pointing out, once again, that in a much more brutal profession than the NFL, we still don't tolerate this sort of behavior.

I'm sorry to hear you had such a harsh basic experience and that it's clearly scarred you for life. That's not how it works anymore. And it's 100% moot to the argument at hand.

I'm not the one that said military training is anything like the NFL. I said the opposite. Now you're stressing about sleep deprivation, intensity, etc. Do you have a point or are you just rambling?

There's nothing in your post that responds to what I've said or brought any relevant information to the topic at hand. Now you're just saying that you agree with me, but I can't judge NFL locker room culture because I'm not in the NFL? Because you wouldn't like a non-military person to point out problems in military culture, perceived or otherwise?

Preposterous. There's a reason that the military's senior leadership is always civilians, oftentimes folks who have never worn the uniform. They provide oversight and sanity checks to prevent a bad cultural mindset to take hold, stagnate, and ruin a good thing. Kind of like what happened in the Dolphins locker room.

Now i am scarred for life from basic? Jesus Christ, you are a fucking joke lolol

Where did you get that in anything i wrote? It's actually quite the opposite but thanks for trying...

Please, refute the following that you keep ignoring...

Name any other employer that vets their employees with 8-12 weeks of sleep deprivation, intimidation, yelling, screaming, physical and mental exhaustion, and so on? Name any other place where this type of behaviour is acceptable. The vetting process gets even more intense if you choose to become a part of any of the elite military groups(seals, rangers, tacp).

I will mention this again, being as you seem to gloss right over it... Basic military training is an initiation process where you must endure significant hardship. Hardship that is placed on you that is meant to break you down. You must be built back up and earn the right to be a part of the group. This is hazing!

It's rarely happens anywhere else because it is not accepted behavior! You dont understand its purpose unless you've been through it.

And don't feed me that bullshit that this doesn't happen anymore. I supervised many troops fresh out of basic and one of the first things i do is talk to them about their training. I know how it works. I know what happens. It's only been 9 years since i went through basic stop trying to act like I went through in the 80's or some shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdvTb2EcqoA

First words out of his mouth...

"... a lot of yelling... a lot of agressive, intense training that week..."

Thrown into a brand new environment where you have no control over your actions, lots of yelling and agressive behavior, sleep deprivation, physical/mental exhaustion... yeah buddy... no fear or intimidation going on in that type of environment!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_us-YBMZM

Yeah... none of that looks even remotely close to hazing lolol

You are full of shit.

Top Bottom