• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 10 |OT| - [expletive] this [expletive] [expletive]

Hunter S.

cheer8.jpeg

cheer17.jpeg

Broncos Cheerleaders at the fucking beach.

Damn all Phins are going on record defending Incognito. Check that guy's timeline as well as @AdamHBeasley

Yeah, Incognito stood up for Martin during camp fights. Almost like they had a big bro/little bro dynamic going on. Voicemails and texts were taken out of context.

I don't believe Martin was bullied. I think he had a bad day, and the harmless joke at lunch or whatever just got to him and gave him an excuse to take off and it has since snowballed into something much larger.

Martin should have just cooled off and came back to work the next day, but he got some bad advice or just wants out of the NFL.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This whole thing stinks of a front office and team making its last stand. None of this makes sense.

squicken

Hartline said that Martin played that voicemail to whole locker room earlier in the year and was joking about it

Everyone overreacted to the initial story, and now that the players who were actually there and observed what went on are speaking out, it's a big caveman conspiracy of brainwashed dumb jocks who are overly invested in the system and too stupid to think for themselves but not too stupid to come up with a plan where they all stick together and back one "narrative" collectively to protect the herd

This whole thing stinks of a front office and team making its last stand. None of this makes sense.

Ricky Williams and Karlos Dansby are no longer with the team and backed Incgonito. Why are they in on this conspiracy too?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Yeah, Incognito stood up for Martin during camp fights. Almost like they had a big bro/little bro dynamic going on. Voicemails and texts were taken out of context.

I don't believe Martin was bullied. I think he had a bad day, and the harmless joke at lunch or whatever just got to him and gave him an excuse to take off and it has since snowballed into something much larger.

Martin should have just cooled off and came back to work the next day, but he got some bad advice or just wants out of the NFL.

Right. Out of context. Sure.

The notion that Incognito deserves the benefit of doubt at all is ludicrous. Dude has been a scumbag all the way back to his college days.

People keep asking players about Incognito using the n word, why is no one asking them about him ending it with "I'll kill you"? People take saying that to someone extremely serious. I got sent to a mental hospital for saying that online once. My parents consider me lucky that the person I said it to (someone I went to class with) didn't file charges against me.

Virtually nobody who participates in bullying thinks of themselves as a bully.

So now the entire locker room is full of bullies? Please, obviously Martin couldn't handle the pranks and joking around that was going on and that's ok. It's a shame he didn't speak up and make it known that he wasn't comfortable joking around like that, I understand that, but it seems like the locker room would have supported him if he had. The voice mails and threats Incognito left are disgusting and shows what a dick that dude is, but Martin was playing along laughing it up with him and everyone keeps bringing up how Martin and Incognito were like brothers, with Incognito rushing to Martins side when he was getting into a fight with a D-linemen, that doesn't sound like a broken locker room. Now the relationship between Incognito and Martin is a lot deeper than we know and maybe deeper than all their teammates knew but bullying being allowed in the locker room nonsense is total bullshit.

If the locker room is publicly split at all then it doesn't go away. If somebody comes out and says Incognito was a jackass and they should have done something then it doesn't go away. The only way to make this all okay is to act like everything was okay and hope people believe the shit they're saying. Evidently its working, at least with Dolphins fans.

If anything they just made it bigger, players won't even admit to wanting and welcoming him back to the locker room, that works against 'making it go away'.

JCizzle

Right. Out of context. Sure.

The notion that Incognito deserves the benefit of doubt at all is ludicrous. Dude has been a scumbag all the way back to his college days.

Yepppp. His behavior is beyond defense, "joking" or not. Anyone that defends this is pretty far gone, it's insanity. There is no place for shit like that in any workplace.

I'm so personally burned out on the whole Incognio/Martin situation that I hope they both end up gone from the NFL for good.

I'm even looking forward to TNF just to get a respite from it all but even then I'm sure they'll work some way to get it into the broadcast.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Ricky Williams and Karlos Dansby are no longer with the team and backed Incgonito. Why are they in on this conspiracy too?

Here's why I believe it sounds strange:

1) Incognito has a history of being a complete scumbag. It's there. It hasn't changed.

2) The Saints players response after the whole bounty thing blew up sounds nearly identical.

JABEE

I for one am tired of so much negativity on this board.

We need Chan back. He had some great material that always lightened the mood.

Also, where is jakncoke? No one has been able to tell me.

He apparently got upset again at someone making fun of the Steelers and vowed to never come back? That's what I read earlier in the thread but I've no clue if that was the situation or not.

Darkest Red, you're my bro. Therefor you should join your intelligent wife in her Pats Fandom. Then we can nuke the corrupted, bullying team that is the Miami Dolphins and turn them into a soccer team.
But there's never been a better time to be a Dolphins fan! Everything is going so well for the organization these days, at this point I'd be a little shocked if they didn't win the SB this year.

We still bros, though. Even if you are associated with evil.

Hunter S.

They have beaches in Bronconia? Or do you need to send your cheerleaders across the Rockies just to get a few swimsuit calendar pics?

The closest thing we got to a beach here is the highest elevation sand dunes in the world. They got to ship them to the beach as the nipples get too hard by cold mountain lakes. Bronconia is the slimmest region in the states, by far, it is full of hotties.

JABEE

He apparently got upset again at someone making fun of the Steelers and vowed to never come back? That's what I read earlier in the thread but I've no clue if that was the situation or not.

That's a shame.

If you're reading this :jnc. Please come back. Everyone gets ragged on when their team sucks.

Discussion about hazing, bombs, and Patriot dogs are frightening topics. Jak always contributed positively to this thread.

Branduil

So now the entire locker room is full of bullies? Please, obviously Martin couldn't handle the pranks and joking around that was going on and that's ok. It's a shame he didn't speak up and make it known that he wasn't comfortable joking around like that, I understand that, but it seems like the locker room would have supported him if he had. The voice mails and threats Incognito left are disgusting and shows what a dick that dude is, but Martin was playing along laughing it up with him and everyone keeps bringing up how Martin and Incognito were like brothers, with Incognito rushing to Martins side when he was getting into a fight with a D-linemen, that doesn't sound like a broken locker room. Now the relationship between Incognito and Martin is a lot deeper than we know and maybe deeper than all their teammates knew but bullying being allowed in the locker room nonsense is total bullshit.

You don't understand what bullying is.

Milchjon

I for one am tired of so much negativity on this board.

We need Chan back. He had some great material that always lightened the mood.

They're both on Twitter. Chan is as delightful as always.

I don't think jak wants to stay away forever. At least I hope so.

squicken

Here's why I believe it sounds strange:

1) Incognito has a history of being a complete scumbag. It's there. It hasn't changed.

2) The Saints players response after the whole bounty thing blew up sounds nearly identical.

I hate Incognito for his play on the field. He crosses the line from tough to dirty. From trying to hurt to trying to injure.

On the bounty stuff, the league had egg all over its face on that b/c they never really had any evidence of payouts for injuries. It was payouts for big plays. I mean it's fun to mess with Saints fans on that but the league way overreacted then misrepresented the facts

Hartline said that Martin played that voicemail to whole locker room earlier in the year and was joking about it

Everyone overreacted to the initial story, and now that the players who were actually there and observed what went on are speaking out, it's a big caveman conspiracy of brainwashed dumb jocks who are overly invested in the system and too stupid to think for themselves but not too stupid to come up with a plan where they all stick together and back one "narrative" collectively to protect the herd

Just heard about the Hartline quote, knowing that Martin can go fuck himself. You cant joke around with the message then later release it as some evidence of abuse.

Hell I want Incognito back too.

But Ireland should be fired. Right now. No matter the situation Ireland should be fired.

Slo

I'm so sick of this story about the giant man who's been bullied. Fuck this Martin guy. Incognito would look good in purple right between Kalil and Sullivan.

You're right, Martin speaking up and the Dolphins reacting by closing ranks behind Incognito definitely shows the Dolphins would support Martin speaking up.

A little different then leaving the team, blaming one of the players (He's best friend apparently) if he brought it up to them they might have handled it differently. I'm sure some players feel betrayed by Martin.

Hmmmm, I wonder if Martin might have been okay with it when things started out with simple joshing and pranks based on peer pressure, but decided he'd had enough one things got racist and personal?

People have the right to decide when something crosses the line, and what Incognito did certainly fits the bill. Dolphins are in full defense mode (and it certainly looks better than what they've shown on the field).

Preach, brother

Ajn8bhfCEAADxAf.jpg

Oh wow...

I like how that article paints Martin and his people as masterminds to keep him getting paid.

I think the money part is kinda dumb, but the whole dynamic of how Martin and Incognitos relationship might have changed very recently and Martin just broke down and couldn't take it anymore (with the move to RT, the 4 losses etc) and just wanted an out could be closer to the truth.

Hmmmm, I wonder if Martin might have been okay with it when things started out with simple joshing and pranks based on peer pressure, but decided he'd had enough one things got racist and personal?

People have the right to decide when something crosses the line, and what Incognito did certainly fits the bill. Dolphins are in full defense mode (and it certainly looks better than what they've shown on the field).
If you keep speculating for the next few weeks I'm sure you'll figure it out eventually.

Fox318

WanderingWind?

Report From Buffalo: Kiko Alonso Jersey Traded For Blowjob
Sean from Buffalo claims to have witnessed a very unorthodox transaction before Sunday's game against the Chiefs:

I ordered a Kiko Alonso jersey for a friend who decided he didn't want it. So, in order to recoup the money I had already spent, I took it to the Bills game in an attempt to sell it during the tailgate.

My friends and I had been hanging out with the two guys parked next to us at the tailgate, and after a few hours of drinking, one of our new friends decides he's going to sell my jersey for me. A few minutes later he come back, with a young lady, and informs me that he's getting something for the jersey, and that he'll pay me for it. With him, was a young lady who had agreed to fellate him in exchange for the jersey.

Political candidate, rookie of the year favorite, matchmaker: Is there anything Kiko Alonso can't do?

Our correspondent sent along two photos, and the geotags and timestamps indicate they were taken at Ralph Wilson on Sunday afternoon. One, of the romantic setting of this guy's car. The second, of the woman wearing her purportedly hard-earned jersey during the game.
http://deadspin.com/report-from-buf...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Top Bottom