• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 10 |OT| - [expletive] this [expletive] [expletive]

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Now that our regularly scheduled train derailment is over, got tipped off to this stat:

The Seattle Seahawks have allowed 15 punt return yards total so far this year.

reading some articles about our matchup with the panthers this week and came across the teams the panthers have beaten:

giants, vikings, rams, bucs, falcons

lolololollllllllll how could you NOT win those 5 games? not only that, they've lost to the bills and cardinals. panthers have played one of the softest schedules in the league. they should be ashamed they aren't at least 7-1
Ron Rivera hadn't levelled up yet.

Just noticed I'm at the top of the confidence leaderboard. Pretty embarrassing NFL-GAF, getting beat by an MLB-GAF member.

ajinLDN.png

Now that our regularly scheduled train derailment is over, got tipped off to this stat:

The Seattle Seahawks have allowed 15 punt return yards total so far this year.

and despite only allowing that amount of PR yardage, the seahawks punter isn't even top 10 in net average. what does that tell you? he's kicking them so short his PR team can get down there and cause a fair catch.

meanwhile my boy andy lee still top 5 in net average and hasn't had a kick blocked unlike the seachickens :D

ShaneB

Narag

Per multiple league sources, Dolphins G.M. Jeff Ireland received a call from Martin’s agent, Rick Smith, before Martin left the team on October 29. Smith complained to Ireland about the manner in which Incognito was treating Martin.

Ireland, according to the sources, suggested to Smith that Martin physically confront Incognito. Ireland specifically mentioned that Martin should “punch” Incognito.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ed-that-martin-confront-incognito-physically/

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
and despite only allowing that amount of PR yardage, the seahawks punter isn't even top 10 in net average. what does that tell you? he's kicking them so short his PR team can get down there and cause a fair catch.

meanwhile my boy andy lee still top 5 in net average and hasn't had a kick blocked unlike the seachickens :D
We're #11 in net punting average.

Bowser

The Buffalo loss never leaves Rivera. Just as Newton has had to learn to process losses, Rivera has learned just how precious an NFL victory can be and how betraying your instincts can destroy that victory. Since the Buffalo game, he has gone for it on fourth down seven times, converting on five. As much as Newton's growth, Rivera's sudden aggressiveness has been heralded as a major reason the Panthers are suddenly in playoff contention.

But he agonizes over the Buffalo game. There's a big difference between being 5-3 and 6-2 and he keeps asking himself why he strayed from his springtime promise.

Last week he was driving home from the stadium, heading down a hill, passing under the Belk Freeway when Buffalo popped in his mind. A knot formed in his stomach. He ran the end of the game through his mind, ignoring the fact the light before him had turned red. From the corner of his eye he could see a car heading toward him and at the last second he stepped on the brake narrowly avoiding an accident.

"Seriously [the loss] eats at me," he said. "It friggin' pisses me off to no end. And maybe that's what it took. Maybe that's the revelation I needed."

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl...n-rivera-s-newfound-aggression-035909971.html

I...I like this new Ron.

reading some articles about our matchup with the panthers this week and came across the teams the panthers have beaten:

lolololollllllllll how could you NOT win those 5 games? not only that, they've lost to the bills and cardinals. panthers have played one of the softest schedules in the league. they should be ashamed they aren't at least 7-1

Don't make the schedule, can't help who we play. Yeah, the Bills loss is inexcusable and we had a chance to take control of the Cardinals game early and let it slip.

But we still have the third best average margin of victory, not exactly scrapping by against those teams.

But we'll see this weekend. I think it'll be a good, physical hard-nosed game. Honestly, I think this game is the hardest one left on our schedule so it'll serve as a good measuring stick for what this 2013 Panthers team really is. Are they ready to actually be a contender or are they just the best bad team in the league? We'll find out.

I think the defense is good enough to keep them in the game, whether they actually win will come down (at least on our side) to how well Cam plays in a big game on the road against a great D.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Suh wants Jay Cutler to play

“I like going against Aaron Rodgers,” Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh said. “I like going against Cutler and I wish them the best speedy recoveries so I can come back and go against them and take them down.”

“I love playing against Cutler,” Suh said. “He’s a tough guy. No discredit to McCown, but I want the best shot. Whichever quarterback’s healthier and the healthiest to go and is going to give them their best opportunity, that’s who I want to go against. I want to beat the best no matter what, every single week.”

http://www.freep.com/article/201311...-lions-ndamukong-suh-chicago-bears-jay-cutler

I`m so pumped for this game. D line will wreak havoc as usual. Although Ziggy Ansah remains questionable.

squicken

I was looking at the Packers schedule to see how they might make the playoffs, but what stood out is that the Giants are still totally alive for the NFCE crown

Oakland
Green Bay
Dallas
@WAS
@SD
SEA
@DET
WAS

The only absolutely certain loss is Seattle, and even then, they usually struggle going east. The Giants are 2-6, but they could run off a 6-2 finish and still be just a slightly better but still shit ass team

Rams at 48 yards is surprising.

As is Indy at 74!

Best punter in football considering inferior athletes STL has covering his punts. He's amazing at angling kicks

Striker

I was looking at the Packers schedule to see how they might make the playoffs, but what stood out is that the Giants are still totally alive for the NFCE crown

Oakland
Green Bay
Dallas
@WAS
@SD
SEA
@DET
WAS

The only absolutely certain loss is Seattle, and even then, they usually struggle going east. The Giants are 2-6, but they could run off a 6-2 finish and still be just a slightly better but still shit ass team
They're getting an advantage of taking on weaker QB's, so the defense should be able to take advantage of that. The offense has done better because it's been relegated to short routes instead of making Eli throw deep with a putrid OL. Peyton Hillis has been a pretty good pickup so far, he should be sticking. Andre Brown comes back so that also helps a bit. I don't view this team very good, either, whether they win most games the rest of the season or not. The team needs lots of help on the line and try to figure out what's going on defensively, particular at DE.

squicken

They're getting an advantage of taking on weaker QB's, so the defense should be able to take advantage of that. The offense has done better because it's been relegated to short routes instead of making Eli throw deep with a putrid OL. Peyton Hillis has been a pretty good pickup so far, he should be sticking. Andre Brown comes back so that also helps a bit. I don't view this team very good, either, whether they win most games the rest of the season or not. The team needs lots of help on the line and try to figure out what's going on defensively, particular at DE.

Yeah as much as they are alive, they also could go 2-6. But that GB game just fell so great for them. And I never trust DAL, WAS is awful, SD can lose any game, and DET could have a bye locked up with CJ resting and Stafford icing the cannon (and a cake too)

Rams are elite. Clemens future. Zac Stacy is the next SJAX, MJD, AD

JABEE

they only make $70-$150?

the NFLCA needs to step in

I was thinking the same thing. If they get paid $100 a game, they get around $2000 a season counting preseason games. That seems kind of low for a profession that is featured prominently on huge national broadcasts.

I hope they get some kind of money for public appearances.

Edit: I forgot. They only work home games too. That sucks for them.

Syrinx

I was thinking the same thing. If they get paid $100 a game, they get around $2000 a season counting preseason games. That seems kind of low for a part of the game that is featured prominently on huge national broadcasts.

Well the cheerleaders are only there for home games, so they'd really only be there for 8 games a season plus postseason. So it's even less.

squicken

First offensive play for the Titans, and the Rams have Long line up next to Quinn, with Quinn as basically a DT. So naturally the Titans run right at this, since the guard has Quinn outweighed by 50 lbs, and Chris Johnson runs for 23 yards through a gaping hole. I mean it's not like it's 3rd and long and time to break out an exotic pressure package. It's 1st and 10, the first play for the defense all day

If Walton comes back I'm squickening again

Boose

First offensive play for the Titans, and the Rams have Long line up next to Quinn, with Quinn as basically a DT. So naturally the Titans run right at this, since the guard has Quinn outweighed by 50 lbs, and Chris Johnson runs for 23 yards through a gaping hole. I mean it's not like it's 3rd and long and time to break out an exotic pressure package. It's 1st and 10, the first play for the defense all day

If Walton comes back I'm squickening with you.

I was thinking the same thing. If they get paid $100 a game, they get around $2000 a season counting preseason games. That seems kind of low for a profession that is featured prominently on huge national broadcasts.

Edit: I forgot. They only work home games too. That sucks for them.

They get a ton of exposure since a lot of them are also into modeling plus they also do outside gigs like mall appearances etc where they can make extra income, but usually the cheerleaders have full time jobs/go to school and do the cheerleading as a passion/love/resume booster.

cdyhybrid

You already did.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Damn it Texans, why did you have to lose. Sucks. Terrible situation too, felt really bad for Kubiak and everyone there in general.

This will also be the first and last time I root for you, though you still didn't come through.

Titans to the super bowl, ya'll. Started with the rams, next up Sparkle Kitties. keep it rollin'!

Ugh I want it so bad.

Top Bottom