• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 10 |OT| - [expletive] this [expletive] [expletive]

squicken

@kave yeah read that earlier. Was interesting but idk. I'm still waiting for more stuff to come out

---
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...told-to-defer-questions-on-martin-to-philbin/

This isn't to do with Martin vs Incognito, but Phins players vs their team. I guess the team told the players to not answer questions, and they did. So they basically just ignored what Philbin told them to do. Florio is calling it a "mutiny", which is too far, but it does mean something that they are mad enough at their team to ignore their coach's instructions on the matter. I really have no idea what will happen on Monday

According to Robert Klemko of TheMMQB.com, players were told to defer questions about the situation to coach Joe Philbin. Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post mentioned in a stream of compelling tweets on Wednesday that Hartline said the players had been “ordered” not to comment on Monday, but that the players decided to “defend ourselves” on Wednesday.

Hartline also added that the players believe they’re being bullied by the media. But the media merely has been reacting to a story that took on a much different feel once Martin’s representatives provided the now-notorious Incognito voice message to the team, and the team decided quickly to suspend Incognito for conduct detrimental to the team.

That’s the point the players and the growing wave of Martin bashers in the media are missing. If there was a rush to judgment, it was committed not by the media but by the Dolphins

While none of the players have directly blamed the team for suspending Incognito, the decision to defy orders possibly arises from the visceral sense that Incognito has been wronged by the organization.

And that’s the irony of what happened on Wednesday. At a time when so many football types chastise Martin for not handling his business in house, players like Hartline and Clabo opted to not handle their business in house, ignoring the instructions they’d been given and griping openly and publicly about how Incognito has been treated.

But the media didn’t suspend Incognito. The team did. And now the team has to decide whether to discipline the players who openly disrespected their coach by not following his wishes.

The way way that article reads there is a mutiny, but because the team suspended Incognito, which I completely agree with.

Dude also covertly says what I've been saying all along - Martin isnt cut out for the NFL.

Fox318

bPGs95X.jpg

eznark

Banned
The way way that article reads there is a mutiny, but because the team suspended Incognito, which I completely agree with.

Dude also covertly says what I've been saying all along - Martin isnt cut out for the NFL.

Reading between the lines it's Hartline covering for his coach while also defending him. That entire thing is fabricated from Hartline using "ordered" instead of "asked." It's a fucking joke column written by a slimy cunt.

Reading between the lines it's Hartline covering for his coach while also defending him. That entire thing is fabricated from Hartline using "ordered" instead of "asked." It's a fucking joke column written by a slimy cunt.
I was referring to the article by Lydon Murtha, should have been clear.

Lydon Murtha said:
This is a game of high testosterone, with men hammering their bodies on a daily basis. You are taught to be an aggressive person, and you typically do not make it to the NFL if you are a passive person. There are a few, but it’s very hard. Playing football is a man’s job, and if there’s any weak link, it gets weeded out. It’s the leaders’ job on the team to take care of it.

LJ11

This morning I made an Incognito joke/reference.

Coworker looks at me incredulous, "You still don't understand what this is all about! You still haven't figured this shit out! And you're a football fan!"

Dude was looking at me with disgust. I was like, wtf did I say? What's going on here?

His response: "Dude, they were lovers!"

And he wasn't joking....

Coworker looks at me incredulous, "You still don't understand what this is all about! You still haven't figured this shit out! And you're a football fan!"

Dude was looking at me with disgust. I was like, wtf did I say? What's going on here?

And he wasn't joking....

Did you back away slowly?

Miguel

And he wasn't joking....

image.php

eznark

Banned

And he wasn't joking....

So what you are telling me is that you and this coworker are banging?

BigAT

And he wasn't joking....

Maybe Martin is just catfishing us all and "Richie Incognito" doesn't even exist. Think about it.

jmdajr

Fuck I felt so bad for him when that atrocity happened. Hell he won us more games than lost.
Tried to be the hero and failed in epic style.

edit: I was actually there too. Despite hard times, I still think it's our worst loss ever.

Miguel

Fuck I felt so bad for him when that atrocity happened. Hell he won us more games than lost.
Tried to be the hero and failed in epic style.

edit: I was actually there too. Despite hard times, I still think it's our worst loss ever.

It was the most soulcrushing loss because of how it happened, our history against the Cults, and the fact that we were, at the time, "destroying" the Colts.

feelsbadman

jmdajr

It was the most soulcrushing loss because of how it happened, our history against the Cults, and the fact that we were, at the time, "destroying" the Colts.

feelsbadman

The guy in front of me fucking flipped out too. Stomped and broke his cup holder.
Doesn't sound too intense I know, but you should have been there. He just snapped, total rage.

I was just in disbelief

Top Bottom